The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 06:33:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC Trust - Consultation to be held with fans following fundraising efforts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC Trust - Consultation to be held with fans following fundraising efforts  (Read 9209 times)
SmithyNTFC

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 18:19:41 pm »

Defo believe some should go to the staff who didnt get paid for a long time as a 'little thank you'
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 10:53:18 am »

Just bumping this up. We've had 100 responses so far - so please spread the word to any Cobblers fans you know and point them in the direction of the survey.
Report Spam   Logged
cedarox

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 19:54:34 pm »

I'm sorry, but as a fan of another club along with a few others that donated, it would be an absolute disgrace if this was used for a fans village or training ground. 

The money was donated in good faith to save your club, not to be used for anything like the above.  Your trust need to think very carefully about this - it would set an appalling example for your fans; many who are not trust members who will not have a say.

What about the people who donated big money? Very. very uneasy about this!
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 19:57:08 pm »

Did you notice hour just one person suggested that yet most said community projects or to help other clubs?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
HallamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 20:13:15 pm »

It's on the survey though, which suggests it was/is under consideration.
Report Spam   Logged
republicantony

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 21:44:39 pm »

This money, including the 10k loan that should now be repaid, snce it was a loan, should be retained and used for the next club in crisis. That was why it was donated. It wasnt donated to improve our club, or help ntfc shareholders, but to save a club in crisis. We are no longer in crisis. So if it cant all be given back. The original intent should stand . Anything else would be shamefull .
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2016, 22:01:36 pm »

Just bumping this up. We've had 100 responses so far - so please spread the word to any Cobblers fans you know and point them in the direction of the survey.
I posted a solution to any problem arising from any suggestions of misappropriation of funds raised by promotion of affordable match day tournaments for all local school kids. Each week a different age group, which each child whether  they represent local clubs, schools or just friend groups,  pay just £8 to both play a minimum 3 games and get to watch the Cobblers in the afternoon, with all participants doing a lap of honour around the pitch at ht and presentation of trophy to the winners.
This would provide a solution as it puts the money into the community where it should be.
And by promoting this it would have a very positive effect on the club in the long run.
This would have to be an on going project over several years.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 22:05:48 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 22:06:24 pm »

I'm sorry, but as a fan of another club along with a few others that donated, it would be an absolute disgrace if this was used for a fans village or training ground. 

The money was donated in good faith to save your club, not to be used for anything like the above.  Your trust need to think very carefully about this - it would set an appalling example for your fans; many who are not trust members who will not have a say.

What about the people who donated big money? Very. very uneasy about this!
Agree with that. Actually, fans village is no more than a kebab van on Queen St!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2016, 06:26:08 am »

Agree with that. Actually, fans village is no more than a kebab van on Queen St!

I think most people that I've spoken with do.  So it will probably be spent on a training ground or fan's village. Evil
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2016, 06:50:11 am »

How about donating a sizeable amount to the York City lads who are cycling down to Sixfields. That's a worthwhile cause.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest2677

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2016, 08:13:29 am »

This money, including the 10k loan that should now be repaid, snce it was a loan, should be retained and used for the next club in crisis. That was why it was donated. It wasnt donated to improve our club, or help ntfc shareholders, but to save a club in crisis. We are no longer in crisis. So if it cant all be given back. The original intent should stand . Anything else would be shamefull .
Correct.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2016, 08:28:28 am »

What's with all the 'give it the next club in crisis' nonsense... We are still very much in crisis, we have only half a ground with a tiny capacity compared to other crisis clubs who have all the infrastructure in place to kick on when they come out of their current predicament..we haven't!

Use the money to promote the football club in the community and other worthwhile local causes.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2016, 08:40:03 am »

I really think you need to find a new bone to play with.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2016, 08:56:09 am »

Having thought about it I think the best thing is to sit on it and not spend a penny.
Given the clubs history we usually have a crisis every decade and I think we should keep it for next time round!!
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2016, 09:53:54 am »

I Have shared on the two Cobblers facebook groups
Report Spam   Logged

LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2016, 09:55:05 am »

Having thought about it I think the best thing is to sit on it and not spend a penny.
Given the clubs history we usually have a crisis every decade and I think we should keep it for next time round!!

Yep this is what I tried to say a while ago but I got shouted down by some. Yes everything is rosy at the moment.  But we don't know how long that will last
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2016, 09:57:22 am »

Yep this is what I tried to say a while ago but I got shouted down by some. Yes everything is rosy at the moment.  But we don't know how long that will last

Tbf it was raised as a fighting fund to prevent this ever happening again, that was stated in the appeal.

I would feel more comfortable with that then spending it on facilities.
Report Spam   Logged

guest2539

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2016, 10:27:10 am »

If there was one obvious answer then the Trusts task would be easy. The range of views proves this point.

The money was given to give a future to NTFC, so I do not agree to give the money to charities or other clubs!

Personally I believe that the future would be best served with a dedicated NTFC Training ground facility for ALL the club teams.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2016, 10:47:21 am »

How about a 'fans village ' bar/facilities near or in the vicinity of the South Stand available for the use of both home and away fans that can be used by all, not just those of NTFC persuasion.

If it was named/dedicated to all those who contributed in our time of need. People should then realise that although not being used for it's intended purpose and the difficulty of reimbursing or putting it to another agreeable use, it has not been used totally selfishly but for the benefit of the wider football community.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2016, 10:54:19 am »

Exactly.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: