The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 08:01:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Oxford away.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oxford away.  (Read 26749 times)
Razor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2016, 18:43:21 pm »

As OUFC are one of our main rivals in the race for promotion, I've visited their forum a few times lately to check out some alternative views... And have been very surprised to find several anti NTFC threads!! They really have a big problem with us... The CW connection has cranked it up but never realised they regard us as local rivals almost like us & Pish.. Let's hope they hate us even more after Tuesday..

There is a lot of utter sh*te on their forum about NTFC, perhaps their years spent reeling in non-league obscurity have left them with an inferiority complex.

You'd think fans of such a massive club would have a bit more class! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2016, 19:02:54 pm »

It will allow me to turn up on the day now...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Kingsthorpe Cobbler

« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2016, 19:03:28 pm »

There is a lot of utter sh*te on their forum about NTFC, perhaps their years spent reeling in non-league obscurity have left them with an inferiority complex.

You'd think fans of such a massive club would have a bit more class! Cheesy

I too have taken a look at their forum and they seem to think we should have been docked points because the PFA paid the players wages & also for not paying the club staff their wages for a month.

The words 'clutching' and 'straws' spring to mind.
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2016, 19:12:53 pm »

It's still advance sales only.
Report Spam   Logged
Alan Partridge

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2016, 19:13:51 pm »

Not according to this Deepcut I'm afraid. Order online and collect at the ground is probably your best option?

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/article/oxford-united-v-northampton-town-tickets-2951890.aspx
Report Spam   Logged

Free to enter daily Postcode Lottery:

http://freepostcodelottery.com/?ref=241429
guest47

« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2016, 19:16:40 pm »

They obviously thought they could sell them to their own fans but  have found out otherwise, I'd be tempted to tell them where to stick the extra tickets, but that easy for me to say when I've got my ticket.

Their poor attendances for the Mansfield game last Tuesday obviously woke them up to the glory hunters that are only interested in watching a Championship side or going to Wembley. League 2 is soo low rent daarling.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2016, 19:30:29 pm »

Not according to this Deepcut I'm afraid. Order online and collect at the ground is probably your best option?

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/article/oxford-united-v-northampton-town-tickets-2951890.aspx

Thanks for that guys, I will need to order and collect at the ground...should be alright to attend, unless someone starts something...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2016, 19:54:24 pm »

Their poor attendances for the Mansfield game last Tuesday obviously woke them up to the glory hunters that are only interested in watching a Championship side or going to Wembley. League 2 is soo low rent daarling.

I see Alcohol is giving it large on their Forum! Made one clever remark - some OU fans claimed that Cobbs and similar are not big attraction for OU(fair enough!!)  Alcohol pops suggesting "that they(OU fans) don't support OU either" Grin
Think there will be some juicy comments in the next few days!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2016, 20:07:18 pm »

I know it's hardly news but can I just say...Oxford Utd fans are utter c***s!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2016, 20:10:06 pm »

I see Alcohol is giving it large on their Forum! Made one clever remark - some OU fans claimed that Cobbs and similar are not big attraction for OU(fair enough!!)  Alcohol pops suggesting "that they(OU fans) don't support OU either" Grin
Think there will be some juicy comments in the next few days!

Hardly giving it 'large' tbf!
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2016, 16:03:23 pm »

Roofe and a keeper crisis at Poxford...its looking good for Tuesday
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2016, 18:41:10 pm »

Any parking tips for this one? Looks like parking on the retail park adjacent to the greynd is a nightmare in terms of getting away afterwards.
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2016, 18:50:49 pm »

Any parking tips for this one? Looks like parking on the retail park adjacent to the greynd is a nightmare in terms of getting away afterwards.

It is a nightmare but I don't remember too many alternatives unless you fancy a massive hike.
Report Spam   Logged
philntfc

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2016, 20:09:45 pm »

Little alternative I'm afraid, the ground is on a retail and science park on the edge of the city and the access roads are double yellow lines. The first time we went in 2006 it took nearly an hour to get out of the car park, hence since then we've gone on a supporters coach!
Report Spam   Logged
southeastcobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2016, 20:48:28 pm »

Just reading Oxfords fan forum, they are expecting us to come and set up shop for a point.. rather than all 3 points!!

I'n realising Tuesday, really got a chance to cement our position and open that gap further!
Report Spam   Logged

** 31 UNDEFEATED **
WWWWWWWWWWDDWDWWDDDDWDWWDDDDDWW
guest47

« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2016, 20:58:19 pm »

It is a nightmare but I don't remember too many alternatives unless you fancy a massive hike.

If you get there early enough you can park on Grenoble Road itself but the majority of spaces are the other side of the ground from the side we will come in.
Assuming you don't want to miss the last few minutes it's a question of legging it to your car as soon as the final whistle is blown. At least the away side is a bit closer to the car park.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2016, 01:33:40 am »

Majority of Oxford fans are imbeciles and don't give credit to any other team, which is the sign of a really poor fan base.
Report Spam   Logged
STEVIEG

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2016, 06:42:03 am »

They do seem strangely obsessed with us. So many cobblers related threads on their forum.

A new one entitled "Northampton will get relegated from League 1 next season' has just popped up.

If you ask me i think we have them well and truly rattled!  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
cedarox

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2016, 06:48:14 am »

Majority of Oxford fans are imbeciles and don't give credit to any other team, which is the sign of a really poor fan base.

Of course many of these imbeciles actually put cash your way a few months ago Wink

Tuesday should be a blast - another good crowd and atmosphere.  TBH I don't are where we finish as long as it's top three.  We have been distracted by the FA Cup and JPT but Mansfield was a wake up call and it was back to normal yesterday.

We may also strengthen before Tuesday in the loan market.  Reason for the allocation is not what you think either.  Due to our segregation we do it in blocks 1400, then 2400, etc.

Should be a blast, and a proper game of football.
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2016, 08:43:00 am »

Interesting viewpoint here...http://yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/23057/northampton-get-relegated-league-immediately
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: