The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 07:23:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Yeovil/Weymouth

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeovil/Weymouth  (Read 9219 times)
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 16:30:22 pm »

Homs, Syria's third largest city and it's industrial base filmed two weeks ago by a drone.

Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 16:31:22 pm »

The people from Homs are trying the second option.
Report Spam   Logged
Air-Dan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2016, 16:42:02 pm »

I merely felt that in my opinion, it feels old school seaside. Very British. Not Bulgarian/Syrian/Somalian/Ukranian/Morrocan or any other nation you may choose to add in. Don't tell me that old school Britain looks and feels the same because it doesn't.

Oh I must have missed all those "Bulgarian/Syrian/Somalian/Ukranian/Morrocan" seaside resorts the UK now has.  Huh?

Weymouth is beautiful, the harbour, the boozers and it's almost like the EU forgot to send refugees there too.....

Do yourself a favour and take a course in politics. Heck, even read a newspaper that isn't the Daily Mail. You'll learn something. I love the irony of people claiming not to be racist then attacking all forms of diversity as though they're a negative thing; stop living in the past.

Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 16:48:27 pm »

I have always found Weymouth a dour grey place on the few occasions I have visited. Dorchester is nice though and is home to the best Indian takeaway I have ever used.  Smiley The museum in Dorchester is a wonderful trip down memory lane for those that enjoy that sort of thing.
Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2016, 16:51:26 pm »

Dorchester is now an asylum seekers paradise....

Good  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2016, 17:14:10 pm »

I went down to Great Yarmouth for a well earned day out last year. I sat on a bench in the main street that runs from the pier up to the town centre to eat an ice cream that I had just purchased and I watched the world go by as I consumed it. Some of the troglodytes that passed by were a site to be seen. All of the individuals I heard speak spoke with a british accent. Nearly all of them had a cigarette on the go and were also obese. One woman was too busy texting on her phone to notice the young child in the pushchair she was pushing was screaming and arching its back in order to get some relief from the excrement in its nappy (yes I could smell it).  I did offer up some friendly advice to the woman about her screaming child's plight but I was told to "FUCK  OFF". 

I won't bother going again.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Windows User Linux User
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2016, 17:15:14 pm »

Dogdo. You have written some rubbish lately, but this time I'm with you 100%. I know exactly what you mean and I didnt take what you said to be offensive at all. Good post.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 17:38:00 pm »

I have always found Weymouth a dour grey place on the few occasions I have visited. Dorchester is nice though and is home to the best Indian takeaway I have ever used.  Smiley The museum in Dorchester is a wonderful trip down memory lane for those that enjoy that sort of thing.

You have not been there then to say it is grey and dour place. It is not!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2016, 17:39:58 pm »

Idiot.

Harsh!
Report Spam   Logged

The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2016, 18:08:35 pm »

You have not been there then to say it is grey and dour place. It is not!

Well my doubting friend , the big white sign with the black writing I drove past into the place stated it was called Weymouth. It wasn't all bad as I did quite enjoy the Jurassic coast but then I do have an interest in old fossils everbrite  Wink In other good news on my most recent trip of the two times I have visited I found a five pound note in the carpark near the lighthouse on Portland.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2016, 18:15:40 pm »

Dogdo. You have written some rubbish lately, but this time I'm with you 100%. I know exactly what you mean and I didnt take what you said to be offensive at all. Good post.

Thank you....at least one person understands what I mean about England past without throwing the stupid R word at me. I spend everyday of my life working with a large number of ****stani people who are very successful people.
Comparing a seaside resort to times gone by is not racist.

Oh, and for the record.... I disagree with what's going on in Syria, it doesn't stop an observation of what England used to be like.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2016, 18:16:09 pm »

Is there a football match somewhere in this discussion?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2016, 18:18:21 pm »

Oh I must have missed all those "Bulgarian/Syrian/Somalian/Ukranian/Morrocan" seaside resorts the UK now has.  Huh?

Do yourself a favour and take a course in politics. Heck, even read a newspaper that isn't the Daily Mail. You'll learn something. I love the irony of people claiming not to be racist then attacking all forms of diversity as though they're a negative thing; stop living in the past.

Quite a few I noticed in town centre today - all in the coffee bars!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2016, 18:22:51 pm »

Well my doubting friend , the big white sign with the black writing I drove past into the place stated it was called Weymouth. It wasn't all bad as I did quite enjoy the Jurassic coast but then I do have an interest in old fossils everbrite  Wink In other good news on my most recent trip of the two times I have visited I found a five pound note in the carpark near the lighthouse on Portland.

Describe the route into Weymouth from Dorchester - that it's physical appearance etc
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2016, 18:25:16 pm »

Would that be because they work shifts in warehouses doing jobs that British people don't want to do?

Hint: Yes, most likely.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2016, 18:26:04 pm »

Is there a football match somewhere in this discussion?

Precisely - these people with high moralistic views but do bugger all about it!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2016, 18:28:59 pm »

Would that be because they work shifts in warehouses doing jobs that British people don't want to do?

Dreamer ! When did you last visit the town centre?
Report Spam   Logged

southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2016, 18:40:16 pm »

HELLO? Is this Luton Outlaws? Please do not stoop to their level of debate.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2016, 18:42:57 pm »

Dreamer ! When did you last visit the town centre?
Every day of the week.
If people can afford to sit around drinking coffee in coffee shops then I'd say they had a job. Yes? And if they're doing this activity on a weekday afternoon I'd say they had a job which doesn't involve always working in the afternoon. Yes? Which leaves me to guess they most likely work shifts. Yes? And Eastern Europeans do tend to work in warehouses a lot, mainly because British people won't do those jobs and they are happy to. Yes.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2016, 18:51:10 pm »

100 % correct.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: