The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 08:08:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Orient away

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orient away  (Read 12707 times)
cobbler150

Badges: (View All)
« on: February 07, 2016, 11:04:02 am »

Biggest test in a while. Just beat pompey away, 6 new signings, 3 wins in 4. Looking on their forum few of their fans seem to think we are punching above our weight. With our run in, id take a point.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 11:09:13 am »

They looked a good side at Sixfields earlier in the season. I believe we are much improved since then, however.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 12:14:50 pm »

Punching above our weight, 5 clear ,game in hand 14 points in front of the play offs, deluded
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 13:24:32 pm »

RedDwarf wrote:
AjaxTreesDown wrote:
And James Collins, John-Joe O'Toole, Lee Martin...

Did we really try to sign Collins. If that's true its very disappointing we didn't get him. Maybe we might try to bring in a striker like him during the next loan window.

ATD didn't mean that we tried to sign them, just that they have plenty more attacking threats than just (the talented but wildly inconsistent) Ricky Holmes.
Jurgen Windcaller's Horn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PMSL..... He's only been back 6 weeks and is smashing it every week....well inconsistent.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 14:47:47 pm »

Train from Bedford to London Zones 1-3 for a group of 4 or over works out at £9.65p
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Mobile User Search Combination
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 17:43:09 pm »

Looking forward to this, not far to travel on the tube for me.

Rated Orient at Sixfields & well worth the point they salvaged late on .....but a different team and Manager nowadays.

This will be a real test .....a point would be a great result. COYC.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 17:43:28 pm »

Big game this I'd take a point. We can afford a slip or two and still be Champs.

eieieio...
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
guest47

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 18:20:01 pm »

It's a decent test but we do seem to be able to raise our game against the better sides. Plymouth presented little problems and the only defeat against Portsmouth was one of those games where it could have gone either way.
Take into account the new signings, Martin and Collins, I'm expecting a comfortable 0-2 win
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 18:32:03 pm »

Orients form: DDWLDLWWLW
Ours: WWWLWWWWWW

I honestly don't see what you lot get so worried about.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
HallamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 19:07:02 pm »

Whose worried?
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 19:11:36 pm »

Those above that seem to think a point would be  a good result.
Report Spam   Logged

HallamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 19:27:14 pm »

Those above that seem to think a point would be  a good result.

It probably would be.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 20:00:19 pm »

Orients form: DDWLDLWWLW
Ours: WWWLWWWWWW

I honestly don't see what you lot get so worried about.

I agree with you - if we play well we will win. Some seem to be losing their nerve and worry too much!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 20:29:59 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 20:41:37 pm »

I agree with you - if we play well we will win. Some seem to be losing their nerve and worry too much!
Lucky we're only watching the game then and have no bearing whatsoever on the result!
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 20:43:35 pm »

There will clown along in a minute to warn us against complacency like that is a thing for fans to worry about
Report Spam   Logged

guest2677

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 20:46:56 pm »

RedDwarf wrote:
AjaxTreesDown wrote:
And James Collins, John-Joe O'Toole, Lee Martin...

Did we really try to sign Collins. If that's true its very disappointing we didn't get him. Maybe we might try to bring in a striker like him during the next loan window.

ATD didn't mean that we tried to sign them, just that they have plenty more attacking threats than just (the talented but wildly inconsistent) Ricky Holmes.
Jurgen Windcaller's Horn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PMSL..... He's only been back 6 weeks and is smashing it every week....well inconsistent.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I'm Holmes biggest fan, but isn't there a clue in your last sentence. Only being fit and available for six weeks of a season already six months old is more than a little inconsistent.
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 21:12:52 pm »

Huh? That's being injured, not inconsistent.
Report Spam   Logged

Tony Tourettes Adc**k

Telling it how it is. f*** off

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 09:41:11 am »

There will clown along in a minute to warn us against complacency like that is a thing for fans to worry about

Grin

We're gonna win the league, we're gonna win the league,

I know ya gonna believe us, I know ya gonna believe us

I know ya gonna beleeeeve us,

We're gonna win the league..
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 10:28:17 am »

I always thought it was "and now you're gonna believe us", sung normally after we went a goal up.
Although it's been such a long time since we have had cause to sing this version...the "The Cobblers are staying up" is more familiar.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2677

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 10:52:09 am »

Huh? That's being injured, not inconsistent.
So you no longer have to prove your fitness before becoming consistent Marquis? Buchanon is not one of my favourite current players but he has played just about every minute of every game since signing, Mr Consistent then. Ricky on the other hand is already one of my all time favourites to have pulled on a Cobblers shirt yet has been troubled by back and foot injuries (those are the two I know of) and has missed a lot of games.
Did you see the way he sucked in their player that got sent off in that challenge Saturday? Checking his stride and slightly quickening his pace, knowing he would get to the ball first but he was gonna get clattered and have to ride the challenge in the process, also knowing there was every chance their player was gonna get booked/sent off? That's instinctive, it reminds me of the way football was played in the seventies and eighties. Brilliant stuff.
What a player we have in Holmes Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: