The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 06:34:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Wimbledon (H)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wimbledon (H)  (Read 9973 times)
Wolvo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2016, 15:06:32 pm »

Admit I have good opinion of Cresswell , but even so have seen him outpace players in a game prior to Christmas. At his best & in certain games he is indomitable! He would have seen off Elliot last night.

The reason a few fans (myself included) rated Tom Elliot from Cambridge last season was how he absolutely destroyed and bossed Cresswell all game as a lone striker. Definitely not the game for Cresswell.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2235

« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2016, 15:39:37 pm »

Best and fastest two opposition forwards at Sixfields this season. Diamond made the mistake to let him in for the goal but that was a great finish
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2016, 18:18:42 pm »

The reason a few fans (myself included) rated Tom Elliot from Cambridge last season was how he absolutely destroyed and bossed Cresswell all game as a lone striker. Definitely not the game for Cresswell.

Maybe - still rate Cresswell tho'.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2016, 18:53:18 pm »

Maybe - still rate Cresswell tho'.

I rate him as a solid league 2 defender as well... especially from set pieces. Shows how far we've developed as a team when he's now our 4th choice.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
ceebee2

View Profile
Apple User Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #144 on: March 02, 2016, 20:57:50 pm »

Agree with the comments re cracking game etc, and it reminded me of the game v Portsmouth apart from us not conceding from our corner with 3 minutes to go etc etc. I was impressed with Wimbledon, they certainly weren't scared by us and gave it a go - I think they will get into the play offs for sure.

The games have been coming thick and fast for a few weeks now - 6 games in 17 days starting with Orient away, and I felt a couple of our players looked a bit mentally tired. CW has had to rotate the squad a bit because of the number of games, and although we've got strength in depth to be able to do that, the disruption to the flow of the team this causes plus some some players not rested being a bit jaded had the effect that we never quite got into top gear.

Nothing much to worry about, as CW says it's a long hard season and most teams still have something to fight for, and after Saturday we're back to 1 game a week for all but 2 of the remaining games so that should put it right.

Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 02, 2016, 21:29:32 pm »

I had to settle for radio commentary for this game due to work  Sad and I am sure at one point that Tim Oglethorpe called David Buchanan a Scott  Shocked  Born in Rochdale and having played football at under 19 and 21 levels for Northern Ireland. David did once play for Hamilton Academical...   according to the ever reliable Wikipedia  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 21:37:29 pm by The CrowMan » Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2016, 08:59:31 am »

This was a good point gained, very tough, hard game, but we coped very well. There Talor looked good.
Report Spam   Logged
brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2016, 09:06:27 am »

Might be worth a cheeky £50k bid for Taylor in the summer
Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2016, 22:31:29 pm »

Might be worth a cheeky £50k bid for Taylor in the summer

I wouldn't based on yesterday's game - also Elliott pretty poor as well!
Report Spam   Logged

Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2016, 22:49:05 pm »

I wouldn't based on yesterday's game - also Elliott pretty poor as well!

Did you forsake the Cobblers for Wimbledon yesterday then, Evers?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 07, 2016, 12:08:32 pm »

Did you forsake the Cobblers for Wimbledon yesterday then, Evers?

Was referring  to Wimbledons game with Stanley when both Taylor and Elliott had poor
games. Based on one appearance of Taylor some on here happy to spend money on him. As for Elliott who CUFC did not extend his contract I rather have Bayo!
Had to miss Sat game  v Carlisle due to heavy cold.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 12:13:01 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Tony Tourettes Adc**k

Telling it how it is. f*** off

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2016, 12:34:09 pm »

Why? Did you catch the wrong train?

Hope your feeling yourself again  Wink
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 12:42:58 pm by Tony Tourettes Adc**k » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2016, 12:58:21 pm »

Why? Did you catch the wrong train?

Hope your feeling yourself again  Wink

How are you getting on in Australia ?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 13:50:21 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2016, 15:58:04 pm »

Was referring  to Wimbledons game with Stanley when both Taylor and Elliott had poor
games. Based on one appearance of Taylor some on here happy to spend money on him. As for Elliott who CUFC did not extend his contract I rather have Bayo!

Did you go to Wimbledon then?  Just curious as Ardley reckoned Taylor was their MotM and denied a certain goal in the sending off incident.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2016, 18:52:34 pm »

Did you go to Wimbledon then?  Just curious as Ardley reckoned Taylor was their MotM and denied a certain goal in the sending off incident.

My son in law went - he lives in Brixton . He told me yesterday it was a poor game but thought Stanley just about deserved to win. As for the two wonder kids who played against us they were also poor. He was surprised that there was a MOM! He described Elliot as a big lump and Taylor hardly figured in the game. I had a bad cold and did not go to any game on Sat.
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2016, 18:58:50 pm »

Are you sure? You didn't just forget to buy a ticket again did you?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: