The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 15:11:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Carlisle (A)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carlisle (A)  (Read 11265 times)
defender

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2016, 09:24:48 am »

Isiad ''it wil be a tight game, but I think we will win 1-0', shows how wrong I can be
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2016, 11:59:49 am »

Before that, easter possibly

9th April....Bristol Rovers.
RIP Gozzer.....
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2016, 12:46:58 pm »

I predicted 1-4 but didn't put anything on it...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
defender

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2016, 12:50:19 pm »

I predicted 1-4 but didn't put anything on it...
            Oh, that's a shame.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2016, 12:56:37 pm »

Oh, that's a shame.

I know but I predict unusual scores for us most weeks, one is bound to be correct eventually...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2016, 16:10:24 pm »

I had a pound on 0-4 at 66/1. Looked at 1-4 at 50/1 too just in case.............didn't do it!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2016, 18:48:35 pm »

A lot of the anti-Keith Curle tirade is media-hype. After the match he praised our side. "We're playing against the league leaders and today you can see why they're there. You've got to give [Northampton] credit, they've got good movement and good players, game-changers and game-winners, creative players with good anticipation, their forwards give them a good springboard." Sure, he blamed his own side for poor defending but he was right. Journalists love to half quote managers.
Report Spam   Logged

After years of boredom, despair, resignation and misery, this is unbound joy.
DL3

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2016, 21:32:12 pm »

Also the blue ribbons tied around the trees marked the height of the water ... as you say a very sobering sight !
I wondered what the ribbons were for, incredible!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2016, 21:47:49 pm »

I wondered what the ribbons were for, incredible!
The hoses sticking out of all the letter boxes leading from the over worked dehumidifiers were a sorry sight.
Unlike the Northampton floods where the defense barriers were in poor condition and needed upgrading, nothing can be done to avoid these floods in Carlisle.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2016, 22:52:35 pm »

A lot of the anti-Keith Curle tirade is media-hype. After the match he praised our side. "We're playing against the league leaders and today you can see why they're there. You've got to give [Northampton] credit, they've got good movement and good players, game-changers and game-winners, creative players with good anticipation, their forwards give them a good springboard." Sure, he blamed his own side for poor defending but he was right. Journalists love to half quote managers.

As I thought, Rodney, he was quite magnanimous afterwards.  And was very critical of his defenders.
Report Spam   Logged
Cumbriancobbler

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 07, 2016, 07:07:43 am »

Bit more balanced account in Carlisle paper this morning...

"The good news is that Carlisle don't have to face the most dominant team in England again this season, and 11 sides still do"....and..."Holmes, whose pass for the fourth goal was precision itself, is among the many reasons the Cobblers are giving everyone a shoeing. Another is the pony-tailed John Joe O'Toole, who was the strongest player on the pitch, taking command of midfield and most other places he visited"

And a vox pop comment "Saturday was a real lesson. Beyond the Cobblers' clinical work in front of goal it was their endless running that really impressed me"

Couldn't agree more. It was my first Cobblers game of the season, and didn't expect us to be THAT good.

And appreciate the more sympathetic comments about the many flood victims, especially in the Warwick Road area, who will continue to be homeless for a good few months yet. Re-dresses some of the more ignorant comments (hopefully said in jest) made earlier.

Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 07, 2016, 08:06:58 am »

Couldn't agree more. It was my first Cobblers game of the season, and didn't expect us to be THAT good.

And appreciate the more sympathetic comments about the many flood victims, especially in the Warwick Road area, who will continue to be homeless for a good few months yet. Re-dresses some of the more ignorant comments (hopefully said in jest) made earlier.

You should have seen us at Orient and Plymouth, we were even better then.  Someone could take a serious hiding before this season is out. 

Re the floods, we couldn't believe the queue of white vans at the station dropping construction workers off.  Those floods could easily happen in Northampton, which hasn't been seriously tested since the last big deluge about 10-15 years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #172 on: March 07, 2016, 08:25:09 am »

Beyond the Cobblers' clinical work in front of goal it was their endless running that really impressed me"

There's a lot to be said for running around a lot.  I always liked Scott McGleish.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #173 on: March 07, 2016, 09:36:52 am »

running around a lot will only get you do far, at some point you will need the class as well to make the difference - which is why we are walking away with it, we have both.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #174 on: March 07, 2016, 11:30:30 am »

Running around versus being good. That old argument has appeared a few times on this site before!

This season has showed that you can have both. We've had many not so hard working wingers over the years, this time round we've got hardworking AND good ones combined. Same with the strikers. Andy Kirk would probably get 20plus goals in this side given the amount of chances it creates, but he still wouldn't get picked!
Report Spam   Logged
Baby Bear

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 07, 2016, 11:38:49 am »

I'd still love to see John Hodge on the opposite wing to Holmes though.
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
SmithyNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 07, 2016, 15:58:59 pm »

Thought we were very comfortable throughout against Carlisle. JJ and Martin were outstanding. We closed them down quicker than Bees on honey which was a delight to see. I don't know if we were so good it made them look bad but I don't think they will make the playoffs, they look very dodgy at the back and that winger with the cack hair is garbage!

Thought that new Wilder song was class and singing 'We're just too good for you' was the iceing on the cake, especially with us being so average in League Two for the past couple of years - shows how much we have progressed on the pitch, up the Teyn!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #177 on: March 07, 2016, 19:53:43 pm »

As I thought, Rodney, he was quite magnanimous afterwards.  And was very critical of his defenders.
Quite, mildly or minimally, he described all our goals as 'soft'! Hardly that magnanimous!
For a brilliant report of the game, read the Carlisle Star!
Report Spam   Logged
TopCat

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #178 on: March 07, 2016, 21:01:46 pm »

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/Runaway-leaders-Northampton-too-strong-for-Carlisle-Utd-12870c03-4687-4298-b4e8-74cb5c3a2301-ds

Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***’... me!

CARDOZA - A clown, A fool, A charlaton. The destroyer of NTFC 1897 to 2015....ON HIS WATCH!!!!
guest170

« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2016, 09:21:54 am »

The game was one of the most comfortable I've felt this season. After about the first 10 mins I was relaxed and thought there is no way we would lose. After they scored it could have been different if they got the second but again I didnt think they would.
After seeing us play one game Curle is surprised we are top, after seeing Carlisle in one game (I missed the home game) I am amazed they are anywhere near the playoffs. If they could shoot or defend then maybe they could make a challenge!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: