The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 07:03:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Carlisle (A)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carlisle (A)  (Read 11104 times)
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 12:56:20 pm »

Looks like the King's Head is pretty good and does grub. Getting in on the train at 1pm so should have enough time for a bit of food and a couple of beers.

What's the Beehive nearer the ground like?

It was buzzing when I was last there.
Report Spam   Logged
cobblerron

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 13:24:04 pm »

Those after a cheap beer and meal there's a Spoons (Woodrow Wilson) 330yds from the station
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 13:32:17 pm »

Yeah packed if you like that kind of thing. not sure if it's home only. Pretty sure the rugby club bar near the ground is open
Report Spam   Logged
DL3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 13:36:39 pm »

Bang on. We have got far too big for our boots far to quickly on here. We've had had a very tough run in and a lot of Saturday-Tuesday games.
At the start of the season if you would have asked for 14 points after playing 2 top three teams(Plymouth, Oxford) 3 inform teams(Orient, Wimbledon, Wycombe) all competing for play offs and two teams fighting for their lives (away from home) we would have been jumping for joy!
The next two games are still very tough, Carlisle is not an easy place to go to, Cambridge are 3 points from the plays offs and had some very good results. We are without our captain and our top scorer as well. We need 12 points in the next ten games not to be caught by 4th place, something that if we carry on playing like we are will happen.

Also is everyone forgetting that we have 75 points, enough for a play-off place, which is pretty amazing considering where we have been and what we have been through. Again at the start of the season we were offered a finishing tally of 75 points we would have said 'Thank you very much'. We could have dropped 2 points against Orient, Oxford, Wycombe, York and still been in a great position.

The next two games Ill happily take 2 points, we still have Newport, Crawley and Stevenage to play, who I think are poor and beatable teams in this league. That should take us across the line, if we loose or draw along the way, keep our feet on the ground.

TEYN!

Precisely  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 16:04:45 pm »

I want us to win every single match we play no matter who it is against. Otherwise, what's the point?

You get one for a draw.  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Phigar

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2016, 16:46:41 pm »

Wasted on here  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler_rob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2016, 17:08:17 pm »

Looks like the King's Head is pretty good and does grub. Getting in on the train at 1pm so should have enough time for a bit of food and a couple of beers.

What's the Beehive nearer the ground like?

They've just reopened after the floods but it will be full of home fans

Botchergate is always good for bars or if you're feeling more civilised head up to Thin White Duke, Eaten by Monsters, White Zebra etc nearer to the town centre
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler_rob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2016, 17:09:18 pm »

I hope we put a few past Carlisle, I got increasingly annoyed by 'the plucky Cumbrians' during the floods. I think we should build the new East stand in an avalanche zone, or perhaps in the locust infested plains of Africa to get the sympathy support. F¥cking idiots.

Perhaps a walk up Warwick Road will make you realise what they've been through - its like a ghost street still!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2016, 17:59:19 pm »

If we average 2 points per game over 46 games....I'll be well happy.
So based on zero defeats since Jesus got stitched up by his so called oppos (Hotel End exaggeration)..... we're still on course.
I think 7 wins from the last 12 is completely achievable ....

So, I'll be driving to Carlisle and hope they win ....but if they end up losing for the first time since December 19th..... then what a run it's been.
I've enjoyed every minute of every game.

COME ON TEYN!!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2016, 18:05:09 pm »

Got my tickets earlier.....seats reserved for my free train day out too...... anyone know how sales for this one are going?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest170

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2016, 07:29:48 am »

Got my tickets earlier.....seats reserved for my free train day out too...... anyone know how sales for this one are going?
Club just tweeted over 300.
Will probably drink in the spoons or the moo bar. I like the idea of 21 ales on tap!
Report Spam   Logged
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2016, 07:55:09 am »

Anybody else getting the 09.13 train from Milton Keynes to Carlisle? I'm meeting Phigar at the station and really looking forward to my first ever visit to Brunton Park. I can't remember the last time I went to an away game on the train. Possibly Brentford a very, very long time ago.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2016, 08:22:11 am »

Anybody else getting the 09.13 train from Milton Keynes to Carlisle? I'm meeting Phigar at the station and really looking forward to my first ever visit to Brunton Park. I can't remember the last time I went to an away game on the train. Possibly Brentford a very, very long time ago.

We're on the 09.41 which will get us to Crewe to meet the 09.13 from MK after its schelp through Birmingham.

17.52 on the way back.
Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2016, 10:42:28 am »

How much do they sting you for a pint in there?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2016, 12:28:38 pm »

How much do they sting you for a pint in there?
Beehive yourself!
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2016, 13:39:11 pm »

OldStratfordCobbler. As already stated, catch the 9.41 not the 9.13 unless you just like sitting on trains.
The better time is 8.41 giving you longer in Carlisle.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
cobbler150

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2016, 14:47:38 pm »

What I can gather they are worried about their full backs against Holmes and Martin. I'd drop D'arth after his performance against Wombles for Martin anyway, his touch and end product was pretty poor.

Report Spam   Logged
tonyg1611

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2016, 14:57:45 pm »

6.41 from mk for us 5 get in carlisle about 9.40 plenty of time for pre match drinks  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2016, 19:10:58 pm »

We're on the 09.41 which will get us to Crewe to meet the 09.13 from MK after its schelp through Birmingham.

17.52 on the way back.

Looks like a few of us will be on the same train then.....0855 from Northampton to Birmingham International, 0953 from Birmingham International to Carlisle....easier only changing once with kids!!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2016, 08:04:01 am »

OldStratfordCobbler. As already stated, catch the 9.41 not the 9.13 unless you just like sitting on trains.
The better time is 8.41 giving you longer in Carlisle.
Thanks for the good advice, tcobb. Unfortunately I've already booked my seat on the 09.13 and at a price of £29.00 for a return it was a good deal. I have to admit I didn't spot that the 09.41 gets in at the same time. C'est la guerre!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: