The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 21:56:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Club Survey

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Club Survey  (Read 5031 times)
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2011, 10:01:36 am »

totally agree about clarence , that drumming was a nice edition without becomming anoying
Report Spam   Logged

WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2011, 15:16:00 pm »

Agree entirely.Clarence improverd the atmosphere no end, until the pedantic stewards stepped in.

Is that true about stewards stopped it? Surely Clarence & stewards have same boss? And surely Clarence was asked to play? It really worked up the crowd and we almost got that vital 2nd goal- I was down other end of west stand and it got us chanting too - so it developed the atmosphere. Drums are OK surely in moderation? We need to email club via feedback form on NTFC official site with some of these comments.

Have we got anyone who can play brass and willing to form a band? I did play bass drum in brass band some while back but Clarence would be ideal - and I would happily bring my guitar to a pre-match singalong too!

We love Clarence! you rock!

50/50 PHIL
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 16:52:12 pm by WFCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2011, 16:54:03 pm »

Guy at half time yesterday tried going out for a fag, and didnt look happy when he was rtold he couldnt go out. To the every week fan thats probably trivial and something to get used to, but he thinks about coming next game and realises 'oh wait, i cant even have a fag' it could well put him off - small things. Then straight away the club have lost £20 at least due to not being allowed for a fag. So if its something that can be arranged ie smoking area, then they should do that. Funnily enough i had to quickly go to the top of the steps at half time on Monday to get the number board for the 50/50 and at least 20 people who had booked hospitality were outside puffing away, why cant the regular fan be able to do this?

Suggest smokers write to club via official site feedback form!! We have a singing, corporate and families section why not a smokers?
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2011, 17:02:13 pm »

I believe that it is totally illegal even within the environs of the ground, and I think that includes the approaches. I'm a non-smoker who hates even the smell of fags so I love the new law, HOWEVER, smoking itself is not an illegal activity everywhere and I'd be perfectly happy for totally enclosed areas to be available for anyone who wants a fag. Given that we can't even fix our PA system to work properly I think the chance of that as a solution (and it may still break the law) is roughly zero!
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2011, 17:25:46 pm »

If the approaches are also no go zones, why are people allowed to light up the second they leave the exit? Also with the hospitaity people all smoking outside the entrace, it seems a bit odd
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Mobile User Search Combination
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2011, 17:36:57 pm »

Smiley
totally agree about clarence , that drumming was a nice edition without becomming anoying

I was initially surprised to see the drummer was Clarence.........yeah! Rock on C-Drag ....good addition.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2011, 17:41:07 pm »

'FROM PineWoody:
....the club really really lose out in not having a decent bar. .....build a whole new supporters bar in the car park behind the away end. Sixfields Tavern is nothing special .......no end of away fans asking for somewhere to drink and going for a beer in TGI's .......if there were a decent supporters club/bar

The "hospitality" ....atrocious ....to spend decent money entertaining guests etc, and people really are willing to do that.

I know relatively little about the trust, but I'd rather they had a big say on where their money went, rather than just handing over 10k to the club

Much of this below has been in press from chairman on various media and at Trust AGM and I have posted this on here a few times before - but am delighted to inform new comers / remind posters that:

1. Home fans: The area beyond North stand will become a 'village' like Saints - but many issues to sort (such as power extension and security etc). We can also look forward to decent bar, decent beer and hog roast. I hope we get pre-match entertainment such as singing - which we then take 'atmosphere' into the ground.

2. Away end: Their bar is due before ours - purely as it's a ready-made cargo container from a Rugby league club with marquee for cover. Installation issues are much easier such as using the pallistrade fencing for security and the power supply is already in place for our study centre.

3. Away fans drinking: In short term, they may be tempted more by Frankie & Benney's? as their manager is lot's more footie and Cobblers friendly. They support the Club (Give us 50/50 meal prize EVERY game and you can use your losing ticket for 20% off food - that is quite a deal!) and they have no issues with away fans in there. So let away fans know it's an option!

4. Hospitality: Sales are up!! - so food and service must have improved since your last communication - how old is your info? I have only heard good news. The Players Lounge hospitality for £7.50 has gained an increasing excellent reputation for those who want the joy of quizzes, games and hosting by Colin Mold (that's mixed quotes from users and from the last 50/50 1st prize winner - who automatically wins 2 free passes in there for next game).

5. Our NTFC Trust don't just hand over cheques !! I'm keen to hear why you thought that would happen? They insist on knowing where money goes as we have reported on other boards before recently. TRust provided money for new seats in close season and had brilliant idea to provide white ones so that could spell out NTFC on East Stand - and move the claret seats to replace the broken ones! Very cost effective as have been their other donations.

Hope that updates and clears a few facts up.

50/50 Phil

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 17:43:43 pm by WFCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2011, 18:16:07 pm »

I sit near the lad who wears the clarence costume (he always changes out of his costume at half time and comes and sits in the west upper in the second half) and he said the stewards took exception to him keep pinching their hats, racing the linesman up and down the touchline etc, which is why they made him leave pitchside. A shame, that, because he was really getting the crowd going.
Report Spam   Logged

guest47

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2011, 18:22:55 pm »

If you can't go 2 hours without a cigarette you need to see your GP not a steward. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.
Report Spam   Logged
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2011, 18:35:38 pm »

I sit near the lad who wears the clarence costume (he always changes out of his costume at half time and comes and sits in the west upper in the second half) and he said the stewards took exception to him keep pinching their hats, racing the linesman up and down the touchline etc, which is why they made him leave pitchside. A shame, that, because he was really getting the crowd going.

So, will he drum next game but just stop the running behind the lino & stealing hats!!?? Whats the boundary limit to his antics cos I agree he was hilarious and started to get us behind our team!! Bring on Clarence the drummer! Does he read this in his lair?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2011, 18:41:15 pm »

I sit near the lad who wears the clarence costume (he always changes out of his costume at half time and comes and sits in the west upper in the secondhalf)
    You mean he's NOT a real dragon !!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2011, 18:46:43 pm »

Thought the drum helped yesterday, there i've said it!

Loving the sound of the North Stand bar with hog roast etc, looking forward to it in 2020? Wink
Report Spam   Logged
ArmchairCobbler81

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2011, 18:46:50 pm »

From what I could see, I think they stopped him from using the drum because he appeared to be attempting to put off their keeper when he was taking a goal kick!
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2011, 18:47:02 pm »

You mean he's NOT a real dragon !!!!!

He isnt? Shocked

This is worse than when i was told Santa isnt real Sad
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2011, 18:48:11 pm »

He isnt? Shocked

This is worse than when i was told Santa isnt real Sad

Hold on, Hold on, Hold on.

Santa isn't real?
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2011, 20:19:30 pm »

I remember when Sammo said he wanted a drummer in the ground. Quite a few people moaned about it. But if not used constantly it can encourage people to start singing.

My lad used to take his drum in (3 years ago ish) but the hassle it created every match was unreal. (not by the fans) the stewards were so bloody obstructive on the turnstiles every week. I had to get a letter from the safety officer ( R Buckley ) to say that my 9 year old was allowed to take the drum into the ground but was only for the use of the child, I was not allowed to use it as it could be seen as an offensive weapon. Also if away fans were rumoured to be taking a drum in then my lad would not be able to on that matchday. Needless to say my lad got so upset at all the hassle ( and my arguing with picky stewards) that when the skin stretched on the drum and it sounded tinny he didn't want another one to take in. If he'd carried on with it he might be quite rythmic now ( actually probably not lol ) and it could have been helping us over the last couple of years. Well done to the lacking common sense brigade. One of the many reasons I have nothing but contempt for any steward.
Report Spam   Logged
bigcitylights

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2011, 21:34:03 pm »

You must sit near me then because I sit very close to him too.

You don't happen to be the lad that sits in the same row as him, 2-3 seats to his right starting off s*** songs on your own are you?
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2011, 21:45:58 pm »

You don't happen to be the lad that sits in the same row as him, 2-3 seats to his right starting off sh*t songs on your own are you?

Yes. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

sbedscobb

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2011, 22:29:34 pm »

We need a proper supporters trust that can deal with these constantly over looked problems and start with looking after the needs of the most important people connected to the club, the fans! The trust in its present guise are devoid of ideas as how to regain the missing supporters. Little token gestures and a cosy relationship with the clubs hierarchy maketh healthy trust not!
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2011, 22:50:37 pm »

We should be encouraging people to smoke and rewarding them in the New Years and Queens Birthday honours by recognising their disproportionate contribution to the Exchequer both through lifetime tobacco duty, VAT and reduced pensions earnings through shortened life expectancy, which far outweigh the cost of any smoking disease related healthcare costs.  That's why the government won't ban it.  And it also explains why China, Russia, India and Brazil are the fastest gorwing economies: fact, they are smoking more.  I'm no smoker but if they installed a humidor on the West Stand concourse, even I might be tempted with a pre-match Cohiba. Which in turn would help those poor oppressed people in Cuba.  Wouldn't it be great to have a pre-season tour there?   There might even be some promising undiscovered talent there too.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: