The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 06:35:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Luton (H) 30 Apr 16

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luton (H) 30 Apr 16  (Read 7201 times)
Ralap

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2016, 01:06:56 am »

Fair play to the guy, it's refreshing to hear an opposition manager who isn't bitter or blinkered - take note Derek Adams

Agreed. After listening to his post match interview I hope he goes on to good things... Just not with Luton.

How did their number 44 not get sent off? He openly kicked out at O'Toole and Collins.
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2016, 07:15:21 am »

Agreed. After listening to his post match interview I hope he goes on to good things... Just not with Luton.

How did their number 44 not get sent off? He openly kicked out at O'Toole and Collins.
More to the point, how do you end up being number 44? Their no. 45 must be really s***.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2016, 07:43:21 am »

Totally dominant and commanding all game. Played some fantastic football again. Should have been 4 or 5. Very similar to the Crawley game. Man Of The Match to the whole team was about right as they were all outstanding and that was a nice gesture on a fantastic day for us all. The presentation and celebrations were brilliant. 23 matches unbeaten is half a season which is immense. If we avoid defeat next week we will set another club record for least defeats in a season.
Report Spam   Logged
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2016, 07:54:23 am »

....and when was the last time we didn't concede a single corner? Just shows how dominant we were.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2016, 10:42:29 am »

As others have said, we were absolutely superb yesterday. Probably the most complete home performance of the season.

Don't take this as a negative anybody. BUT that was at least the 10th time this season we have been a couple of goals up and looking like we would go on and score 4 or 5 but it didn't happen.

Im not sure whether many would agree but if we had a Bayo equivalent up front (somebody who can play with his back to goal, hold the ball up well, turn and shoot plus strong in the air) this team would have scored 100 plus goals and not the measly 80 odd!  Wink

I seriously believe if that type of player is recruited in the Summer along with a dominating centre back we could 'do a Burton'. We have a brilliant team/squad and for the first time ever I hope that 90% of the team that ends a season starts the next one.

Hoskins needs to practice finishing all summer though. If he could bloody well finish he'd be playing at least in the championship. He's a terrific player!
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2016, 10:46:25 am »

If Marc Richards had been fit for the last 2 months or so, we'd have scored at least 15 more goals IMO.

He'd have lapped up the service yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged
Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2016, 13:50:55 pm »

Hoskins needs to practice finishing all summer though. If he could bloody well finish he'd be playing at least in the championship. He's a terrific player!

In which case he wouldn't be playing for us!
Report Spam   Logged

After years of boredom, despair, resignation and misery, this is unbound joy.
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2016, 14:18:38 pm »

if we had a Bayo equivalent up front (somebody who can play with his back to goal, hold the ball up well, turn and shoot plus strong in the air) this team would have scored 100 plus goals and not the measly 80 odd!  Wink

Haven't you just described Rico (and to a lesser extent Collins)?

For me, as I've said before, the type of forward we need to sign, in addition to a back up for Rico, is a Lyle Taylor type: someone who can handle themselves physically but also has the pace to get in behind and stretch defences. I would sign Marquis as the Rico back up and then put a sizeable portion of the budget into getting this pacey forward in.

IMHO the reason we didn't score more goals yesterday was that we were over complicating things in the final third. There were many times in the second half when Holmes and Buchanan doubled back on themselves rather than taking a chance and crossing it into the mixer. I think this was partly due to a fear of Luton mounting a 'Bristol Roversesque' comeback which would have pissed on our parade slightly.

Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2016, 19:21:47 pm »

Today I've seen some of the best football I've ever seen a cobblers side play.
To a man they were superb.
Any floating fans who didn't appreciate that would need help!
So often on the big day the cobblers flop....

Not today.

Absolutely brilliant.

Must admit it was emotional when graham Carr walked the trophy out.

A fantastic day!!

Yes, we actually ran rings round Luton but the score didn't reflect it. Great performance  and quite remarkable considering everything has been done and dusted for what seems ages. This team really seem to enjoy playing football and I'm really enjoying watching them.  What a season!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2016, 20:33:15 pm »

IMHO the reason we didn't score more goals yesterday was that we were over complicating things in the final third. There were many times in the second half when Holmes and Buchanan doubled back on themselves rather than taking a chance and crossing it into the mixer. I think this was partly due to a fear of Luton mounting a 'Bristol Roversesque' comeback which would have pissed on our parade slightly.

I dont as we just simply failed to convert some golden opportunities. They also missed an open goal (Pigot) through a header. I am afraid at the moment at least, Hoskins is not the answer as yesterday he was the main culprit which was also identified by a Hatter fan on their web site. I think the BR situation(repeating) was a bit beyond Luton yesterday; to me they failed to gain any significant foothold in the game to mount one.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
defender

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2016, 23:31:55 pm »

As you all know, I do like these clean sheets.
Report Spam   Logged
Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2016, 23:54:12 pm »

Luton Today newspaper, under the headline Hatters-are-no-match-for-champions-Northampton:
"The Cobblers then really started to go through the gears, showing just why they had beaten all and sundry comprehensively this term, keeping possession for well over a minute, forcing Luton to chase shadows".

One of my favourite moments of the season, just a pity that Buchanan’s eventual shot was too easy for their keeper.

Report Spam   Logged

Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2016, 23:56:14 pm »

Don't take this as a negative anybody. BUT that was at least the 10th time this season we have been a couple of goals up and looking like we would go on and score 4 or 5 but it didn't happen.

It is a recurring problem, and one which will need rectifying in League 1 where better attacks will punish us for not killing off games.
Report Spam   Logged

defender

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2016, 09:48:24 am »

As for Hoskins, I feel he will be a good striker and get lots of goal for us, he just  need to polish his finishing that is all. There is a good goal scorer in there, Good coaching will bring him on.
Report Spam   Logged
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2016, 11:35:56 am »

Totally dominant performance and a real joy to watch.

Had we been a bit more clinical we could have had 4 or 5.

A decent day out culminating in a good p1ss up down the Welly Road and I even managed to get most places still wearing my Cobblers shirt.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2016, 12:13:05 pm »

I was not at the game, pity! But I watched the highlights on player with my son, he said '' you played like a Championship team dad'' COME ON COBBLERS!
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2016, 09:47:51 am »

It is a recurring problem, and one which will need rectifying in League 1 where better attacks will punish us for not killing off games.

You  are quite right, We will HAVE to be a much tighter unit next season, We need to be able to go one up and keep the lead untill the end, I away's think ''We have one point befor we kick a ball, '' don't lose it and try to nick two more'' (Dave Bowen's words'' )Before each game as we were on our way to the first division.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2016, 11:26:29 am »

You  are quite right, We will HAVE to be a much tighter unit next season, We need to be able to go one up and keep the lead untill the end, I away's think ''We have one point befor we kick a ball, '' don't lose it and try to nick two more'' (Dave Bowen's words'' )Before each game as we were on our way to the first division.

Yet another senior moment from me!  It should read '' you have one point before we kick a ball, don't lose it and try to get another one.'' Only 2 points for a win then and one for a draw. tut, tut.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2016, 11:33:54 am »

Did he say the same thing we were on our way back down to the fourth division?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2016, 14:36:53 pm »

Did he say the same thing we were on our way back down to the fourth division?  Wink
             I have to say ''I DON'T KNOW''
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: