The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:19:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Wilder....boltons preferred choice

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wilder....boltons preferred choice  (Read 17710 times)
notlob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #280 on: April 20, 2016, 18:25:19 pm »

I'm surprised to see that we've only ever played each other 11 times.  Thought it would be a few more than that given how long we've both been around.

I went to that game when you beat us 2-1 a few years back at out place.  Danny s***tu made his debut for us.  That tells you all you need to know!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #281 on: April 20, 2016, 18:38:08 pm »

Don't...
Can I second that.
Report Spam   Logged
Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 20, 2016, 18:54:04 pm »

I'm surprised to see that we've only ever played each other 11 times.  Thought it would be a few more than that given how long we've both been around.

I went to that game when you beat us 2-1 a few years back at out place.  Danny s***tu made his debut for us.  That tells you all you need to know!  Smiley

Danny s***tu is a legend. And Bayo was really looking forward to their manly battle if I remember rightly.
Report Spam   Logged

After years of boredom, despair, resignation and misery, this is unbound joy.
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #283 on: April 20, 2016, 19:43:45 pm »

You'll be more than welcome - just make sure you wrap up warm for your trip north of the wall!  The Beehive is your best bet for a drink prematch - about half a mile from the ground and always been the 'away pub'.  Barnstormers is another one but mixed home and away (better beer in there as well - plus you get to mix with all the lovely Bolton folk).

Can't see there being any bother as we're quite a friendly bunch nowadays.  Just don't smash up the salad bar in the Harvester like Bristol City  Smiley

Is that real ale pub down the country lane, few minutes walk from the erm, Reebok still there? No idea what its name was but parked up there and had a couple before the League Cup game back in 2008. Sorted place!
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #284 on: April 20, 2016, 20:19:04 pm »

s***tu is an absolute tank and Bayo made him look like a school boy trapped in a revolving door.

Fond memorys of that game, not that I count it as a scalp or anything Wink
Report Spam   Logged

wrigleys

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2016, 20:31:32 pm »

Where does your nickname come from notlob?
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #286 on: April 20, 2016, 20:48:27 pm »

Is that a serious question? I hope not! Undecided

Incidentally, Bolton is no worse than Northampton. I feel safer going out at night there than in Teyn!

Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 20, 2016, 20:52:28 pm »

Then I'll await a record attendance with baited breath!  Smiley

How many can you actually get in Sixfields at the moment?  Someone mentioned one of the stands was shut or something so you wouldn't be able to sell out to capacity even if you had 10,000 wanting tickets.  Is it being improved or something?  I notice you've a long post on redevelopment but I haven't read through it.

Current capacity of 7,724. Bit s***, right?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #288 on: April 20, 2016, 22:39:04 pm »

Hope and believe yr joking Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #289 on: April 21, 2016, 06:46:35 am »

Manlove
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 21, 2016, 06:51:03 am »

A bag of Werther's originals to sustain you on your yomp?

And a hope that the match is on a Saturday and not Tuesday! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
notlob

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 21, 2016, 12:40:00 pm »

Is that real ale pub down the country lane, few minutes walk from the erm, Reebok still there? No idea what its name was but parked up there and had a couple before the League Cup game back in 2008. Sorted place!

Yeah that's the one.  If you don't mind mingling with the home fans you'll get a much better pint.  About the same distance from the ground and plenty of parking nearby.   And it's the 'mighty Macron' now if you don't mind.  It might well be the Bolton Evening News Arena or some other s***e by next season mind.  Just turn left out of Barnstormers and look for the dreaming spires!  Smiley

Apparently our new Chairman and Chief Exec can't agree on a new Manager.  Word is that Dean Holdsworth wants Phil Brown where as Ken Anderson wants Wilder.  Presume Wilder must have indicated a willingness to at least speak to the club or we wouldn't be having this debate.  Apparently we have brought in Andy Townsend in an advisory capacity to arbitrate.  It never rains but it pours!!!

Some consideration also being given to Keith Hill at Rochdale by all accounts.  Bolton lad and done a decent job in League 1 with Rochdale.  Also David Flitcroft another Boltonian who was having a cracker with Bury but now looks to have gone off the boil a bit.

I'm getting bored of it now!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #292 on: April 21, 2016, 14:16:14 pm »

I think David Flitcroft is massively over rated.

Has a massive budget last season and only just took Bury up. Far more impressed by Keith Hills accomplishments.
Report Spam   Logged
notlob

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 21, 2016, 17:11:45 pm »

I think David Flitcroft is massively over rated.

Has a massive budget last season and only just took Bury up. Far more impressed by Keith Hills accomplishments.

Bury is just down the road from us and they despise us with a passion.  Must admit they were going great guns earlier in the season and I thought we might be swapping places with them for a while.  Not sure re Flitcroft.  Keith Hill I've admired for a while but question marks over whether he's a one club man?  Latest rumour is Kenny Jacket as Wolves want shut at the end of the season.  I'd be happy enough with that.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 21, 2016, 17:44:35 pm »

Is that a serious question? I hope not! Undecided

Incidentally, Bolton is no worse than Northampton. I feel safer going out at night there than in Teyn!

Why
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #295 on: April 21, 2016, 18:05:21 pm »

Why

Not you as well.  Roll Eyes Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 21, 2016, 21:04:01 pm »

Not you as well.  Roll Eyes Grin

Nether had a problem with Northampton even Kings Heath - so am hurt by an ex Npton comments Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #297 on: April 22, 2016, 16:35:29 pm »

Northampton town centre is, in parts, an absolute jungle on a Friday and Saturday night. Having pride in your local area is one thing but surely you can recognise it isn't perfect? Being offended by someone pointing out that Northampton is a bit rough and ready, I find bizarre tbh. Unless you've only ever lived in Northampton and therefore have no point of reference.
Report Spam   Logged

Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #298 on: April 22, 2016, 16:41:33 pm »

I'm pretty much down town every weekend, and I don't think it's any worse than any other town. Been out what must be a couple hundred times and probably only seen a handful of fights.
Report Spam   Logged
notlob

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 22, 2016, 16:56:41 pm »

Northampton town centre is, in parts, an absolute jungle on a Friday and Saturday night. Having pride in your local area is one thing but surely you can recognise it isn't perfect? Being offended by someone pointing out that Northampton is a bit rough and ready, I find bizarre tbh. Unless you've only ever lived in Northampton and therefore have no point of reference.

If it's anything like Bolton town centre it'll be full of lads in their late teens full of roids and s*** cocaine, drinking cheap shots after preloading on vodka till 11pm.  Accompanied by a smattering of slags.  That's why we all stay local or go to Manchester.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: