The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:42:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer Targets

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 152   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer Targets  (Read 239130 times)
Kingsthorpe Cobbler

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1520 on: July 25, 2016, 17:42:43 pm »

Is there a lack of transfer rumours guys? Going by the poor jokes going round I guess so.

Yes, I am a boring old git. 
Report Spam   Logged
TopCat

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1521 on: July 25, 2016, 18:40:49 pm »

Hopefully we will batter the cod on the 6th Aug.....I'll get my coat
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***’... me!

CARDOZA - A clown, A fool, A charlaton. The destroyer of NTFC 1897 to 2015....ON HIS WATCH!!!!
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1522 on: July 25, 2016, 19:01:05 pm »

Is there a lack of transfer rumours guys? Going by the poor jokes going round I guess so.

Yes, I am a boring old git. 

Kingy - you don't have to be old to be a boring git  - plenty manage to do it whilst considerably younger.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 25, 2016, 20:28:05 pm »

Sounds like some trialists playing tomorrow vs Wolves, names being kept under wraps at the moment........Toney and two wingers!!
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1524 on: July 25, 2016, 21:28:34 pm »

Sounds like some trialists playing tomorrow vs Wolves, names being kept under wraps at the moment........Toney and two wingers!!
Toney was in the Newcastle squad at the weekend for the Steel Park Cup at Corby.
It we be convenient, if he stayed at his parents, for a couple of extra days, I suppose.

http://www.corbytownfc.co.uk/news/2016/in-focus-newcastle-utd-xi/
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1525 on: July 25, 2016, 21:52:42 pm »

Probably rubbish, but hell it's a rumour at least.

Northampton Town are set to sign MKDons striker Simon Church. Fee = £250K rising to £300K.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: July 25, 2016, 22:04:33 pm »

Northampton Town are set to sign MKDons striker Simon Church. Fee = £250K rising to £300K.

At least it is a rumour! Interesting one though; Welsh connection!
Report Spam   Logged

Baby Bear

View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 25, 2016, 22:49:17 pm »

That's a lot of wonga for a striker whose scored about 1 in 6 over his career! Knock the 0 off, and it maybe a bit nearer his true value.
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1528 on: July 26, 2016, 08:01:56 am »

I don't understand why the details of trialists have to be kept under wraps like a big secret - by their nature trialists are usually either unproven youngsters or players who have been discarded/released - hardly gold dust
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: July 26, 2016, 08:31:37 am »

At least it is a rumour! Interesting one though; Welsh connection!

Where did u read that?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: July 26, 2016, 09:13:38 am »

Where did u read that?

A highly respected and ITK wise old bloke on this very page! Thks for asking tho' glad to assist🙃
Report Spam   Logged

EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: July 26, 2016, 09:24:54 am »

I don't understand why the details of trialists have to be kept under wraps like a big secret - by their nature trialists are usually either unproven youngsters or players who have been discarded/released - hardly gold dust

I suspect it is because we often haven't confirmed who they'll be until the day of the game. I get the impression that the trialists this year are there to fill a specific role, give some balance and allow us to rest players with slight knocks, rather than earn a contract.

Obviously one could come in and do really well and we would take another look but I think Page knows who he would like the remaining players to be and I don't think any of them will be here on trial.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:28:12 am by EssTeeFree » Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: July 26, 2016, 09:38:28 am »

If you've got the player 'in the building' and playing games for you you've got a marginal headstart on other clubs (including those clubs who may not be aware of the availability of the player or may not currently be considering them as a target).  Keeping the trialists secret until the last minute just helps to preserve your slight advantage/headstart.

If we announced yesterday 6-7 decent trialists who'd be featuring tonight you're basically inviting other clubs to come along to a scouting event and you're diminishing that advantage.

Believe it or not this is more important to the club than keeping you waiting 24 hours to see the names of the trialists on the night.
Report Spam   Logged
jamie-brett

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1533 on: July 26, 2016, 09:48:47 am »

Wonder if we will see Chris Burchill again as he has now officially left Port Fail
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: July 26, 2016, 09:53:39 am »

I appreciate what you're saying but it seems a lot of cloak and dagger for what is likely to be a couple of 19 year olds who have been released from a prem club or a journeyman whose contract has expired. I'm guessing one of the trialists will be chicksen who took part in the open training session on Saturday - I'm not sure why we would need 3 left backs as from what I've read about him he hasn't played further forward in his career
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: July 26, 2016, 10:01:25 am »

I appreciate what you're saying but it seems a lot of cloak and dagger for what is likely to be a couple of 19 year olds who have been released from a prem club or a journeyman whose contract has expired. I'm guessing one of the trialists will be chicksen who took part in the open training session on Saturday - I'm not sure why we would need 3 left backs as from what I've read about him he hasn't played further forward in his career

Chicksen has played a big chunk at right back too, given that Maloney is injury prone as hell I think he would be a good addition that could cover both LB/RB.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: July 26, 2016, 10:17:25 am »

Fair play - sounds like more than useful cover at both full back positions, might even be an improvement on Phillips at right back
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1537 on: July 26, 2016, 10:42:54 am »

Fair play - sounds like more than useful cover at both full back positions, might even be an improvement on Phillips at right back

not sure we need more cover at full back
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: July 26, 2016, 10:50:37 am »

I agree that there are other much more pressing areas that need strengthening but if Maloney continues to be injury prone and Hanley/Phillips struggle to settle then we may need a utility man like chicksen
Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: July 26, 2016, 11:31:18 am »

Fee = £250K rising to £300K. for Church .That does sound a little steeple  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 152   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: