The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 09:00:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer Targets

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 152   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer Targets  (Read 240214 times)
Rodney

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1480 on: July 21, 2016, 19:10:37 pm »

Not so sure on that one as Beauty and Grant are two different players
Really? Have you ever seen them on the same pitch at the same time?
Report Spam   Logged

After years of boredom, despair, resignation and misery, this is unbound joy.
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: July 21, 2016, 19:13:10 pm »

Mightve been worth getting Bayo back purely for the 'Beauty and the Beast' promo we could have sent out...
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1482 on: July 21, 2016, 19:19:26 pm »

Maybe not but on the video posted on here he looked as if he played on the wing before reverting to a central position when joining posh.
I know that the games all about levels but he looked every inch a tricky winger in that clip!

HB confirmed in his player interview that he can pretty much player across the midfield and in forward areas
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1483 on: July 21, 2016, 19:45:52 pm »

Really? Have you ever seen them on the same pitch at the same time?

No but from reports on both players it is fairly obvious that they are different type of players. You may well be right that interest has died on Grant but as they are different types of footballers the situation may change.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: July 21, 2016, 19:51:22 pm »

I agree with this, I still smile about when he sent four players the wrong way, with one touch, Oxford last year.

Remember that well - but thought it was three plus the Oxford End behind the goal. Must admit I too had to adjust position in my seat.
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1485 on: July 21, 2016, 20:10:14 pm »

Remember that well - but thought it was three plus the Oxford End behind the goal. Must admit I too had to adjust position in my seat.
Have a link. Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #1486 on: July 22, 2016, 07:57:05 am »

Not that he's been mentioned as a potential signing this summer, but John Akinde has signed a new contract at Barnet. Think we were interested in him last season?
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1487 on: July 22, 2016, 08:04:32 am »

Not that he's been mentioned as a potential signing this summer, but John Akinde has signed a new contract at Barnet. Think we were interested in him last season?

I'm not sure if we were ever interested or if it was just a name thrown out there by fans. I certainly would have been very happy with him at Sixfields, in fact I'm surprised someone hasn't bought him from Barnet given his goal-scoring record over the past few seasons.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerTilIDie

View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: July 22, 2016, 09:15:45 am »

So... in summary....

We had a very good squad that needed a few additions going into League One.

We have kept hold of our excellent goalkeeper - positive.

In defence we have signed Zakuani who has a decent League 1 CV and has looked good so far - positive. We also have Phillips & Hanley who have in theory replaced Lelan and Horwood - positive.

In midfield we have now signed another player who has some experience of League One and appears to be an improvement on what we had (be it Byrom or maybe Adams) - positive.

Up top we have added Revell who again has a decent pedigree in League One and has looked useful in pre season - positive.

In my opinion that leaves us with one key position to fill... our new number 11 - Ricky's replacement - we know this is going to be the difficult one.

Potentially another striker (a different player to Rico and Revell) would also be good for balance.

All in all, without tearing up any trees - Mr Page appears to have slowly but surely pieced together a solid looking League One squad. I believe there is room for optimism.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: July 22, 2016, 09:33:50 am »

Think you'll find Phillips will be ahead of Maloney!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1490 on: July 22, 2016, 09:38:44 am »

Think we will concede a lot of goals if that's the case.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: July 22, 2016, 10:38:28 am »

From the two friendlies I've watched so far, if RP doesn't start adding some pace to this team in attacking areas, we're going to struggle. 
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: July 22, 2016, 10:46:06 am »

From the two friendlies I've watched so far, if RP doesn't start adding some pace to this team in attacking areas, we're going to struggle. 

To be fair, I think Page has acknowledged this, I guess the jury will remain out until these signings are made
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: July 22, 2016, 11:04:02 am »

Think you'll find Phillips will be ahead of Maloney!

Based on what I've seen so far I would hope not.
Report Spam   Logged
jamie-brett

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1494 on: July 22, 2016, 13:07:08 pm »

So... in summary....

In defence we have signed Zakuani who has a decent League 1 CV and has looked good so far - positive. We also have Phillips & Hanley who have in theory replaced Lelan and Horwood - positive.

In midfield we have now signed another player who has some experience of League One and appears to be an improvement on what we had (be it Byrom or maybe Adams) - positive.

Up top we have added Revell who again has a decent pedigree in League One and has looked useful in pre season - positive.

In my opinion that leaves us with one key position to fill... our new number 11 - Ricky's replacement - we know this is going to be the difficult one.

Potentially another striker (a different player to Rico and Revell) would also be good for balance.

All in all, without tearing up any trees - Mr Page appears to have slowly but surely pieced together a solid looking League One squad. I believe there is room for optimism.

I agree with the above. Adding another winger. Maybe the lad we had on trial from Spurs in the QPR game.

So I think another striker - Someone with pace
Number 11 - Someone again with a bit of pace
Another wide player - Lad from Spurs maybe

Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1495 on: July 22, 2016, 13:49:11 pm »

The lad from Spurs actually was released by them a few months ago so he's doing the rounds on trial. I think the consensus from Tuesday and his past record is that we should be looking at better options
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: July 22, 2016, 13:49:42 pm »

I agree with the above. Adding another winger. Maybe the lad we had on trial from Spurs in the QPR game.

So I think another striker - Someone with pace
Number 11 - Someone again with a bit of pace
Another wide player - Lad from Spurs maybe

Agreed. Expect the extra striker to be a loanee - Crystal Palace striker/Toney?
One winger to be a loanee as well. And then the other winger to be a cheaper youthful option.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: July 22, 2016, 20:02:36 pm »

So... in summary....

A well balanced opinion more or less throughout. Whether Phillips & Hanley are positives am not to sure at the moment. If you had seen the performance at Brackley your summary may well be more critical! Replacing Holmes is nigh impossible as it would cost thousands - from what I have seen so far we need somebody like Grant in midfield plus a wide player(or two) and a pacy forward. Maybe even a right back to replace Maloney (sick note status). We wont of course get 4/5 players, more like another 2/3.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 21:28:35 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: July 23, 2016, 08:50:03 am »

Anyone think we might get a new signing unveiled along with the kit? Or just wishful thinking on my behalf?
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: July 23, 2016, 09:50:22 am »

Someone has tweeted released MK born Brighton left back Adan Chicksen involved in the open training session this morning....
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 152   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: