The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 06:49:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer Targets

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 152   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer Targets  (Read 239078 times)
Cobbler78

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #2800 on: August 31, 2016, 22:18:03 pm »

Has this been confirmed? If so seems KT and RP did all they could and Cox got greedy wanting a bigger pay off from Orient.
Report Spam   Logged
NoFinerTown

View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: August 31, 2016, 22:18:36 pm »

Unfortunate to have missed out on a fair few targets from the sounds of it but then that's what you get for leaving things this late.

The Holmes money should have been used to immediately source a player of a similar ilk if we really had intentions of pushing on.

As it is we have a solid if not exciting first XI but you'd have to say not a huge amount beneath that. We'll definitely struggle for goals and whilst defensively we may not get hammered we will find it hard to win games.
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2802 on: August 31, 2016, 22:19:28 pm »

My biggest issue is as others have said its been bloody obvious since pre season what we are missing and nothing has been done to address it!!

Melville needs sacking in the morning, what the hell has this bloke done?. The cox deal should have been completed long before now and as for the lack of pace up top!!

Revell gets injured on Sunday we are royally screwed!

Couldn't agree more......and Revs is not even a proven leading goalscorer/striker, more a back up goalscorer with a fantastic work ethic.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2803 on: August 31, 2016, 22:20:25 pm »

I think it's dawning that we are royally screwed and this is as far as the current board can take us.
Sell up KT,let someone else come in with the finance to take the club forward both on and off the pitch.

You'll always be fondly remembered as the man who saved the club and for that every ntfc fan is hugely thankful.
Don't let your legacy be tarnished by failing to have the finance to keep us up.
Sell up now and maybe we can push on again.
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: August 31, 2016, 22:24:12 pm »

We will sign that old Vale winger and Tyson soon enough..
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: August 31, 2016, 22:26:28 pm »

I think it's dawning that we are royally screwed and this is as far as the current board can take us.
Sell up KT,let someone else come in with the finance to take the club forward both on and off the pitch.

You'll always be fondly remembered as the man who saved the club and for that every ntfc fan is hugely thankful.
Don't let your legacy be tarnished by failing to have the finance to keep us up.

Sell up to who?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: August 31, 2016, 22:32:28 pm »

Its funny how small margins can make such a big difference, you feel had cox plus a quick forward been added we may even have a squad capable of a play off push. With what we have and have added, it really is going to be a battle to stop up. My biggest issue is as others have said its been bloody obvious since pre season what we are missing and nothing has been done to address it!!

Melville needs sacking in the morning, what the hell has this bloke done?. The cox deal should have been completed long before now and as for the lack of pace up top!!

Revell gets injured on Sunday we are royally screwed!

Nail firmly on head. Totally underwhelmed.
Report Spam   Logged
Tom

View Profile
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #2807 on: August 31, 2016, 22:32:48 pm »

What a ridiculous post. I won't even justify my comment, I don't think i need to.
Report Spam   Logged

SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: August 31, 2016, 22:34:55 pm »

Barring some sort of miracle discovery we are clearly short of someone with the ability to score 20+ goals a season. No excuse for leaving things so late, it needed sorting in plenty of time. Unless Richards gets fit or Hooper suddenly becomes something he never has been, then we're going to have to try squeezing extra goals out of people who are not natural strikers. Personally very disappointed - I hope my pessimism is unfounded.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: August 31, 2016, 22:35:51 pm »

We will sign that old Vale winger and Tyson soon enough..

I was thinking the same thing. I would be surprised if the Vale bloke hasn't already committed.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: August 31, 2016, 22:39:42 pm »

Sell up to who?
We heard all this tosh when DC had the club
No one will buy it.
KT or at least a group of which he is the front man did.
It's now apparent the finances of the said group are not enough to keep us in this division.
We are not competitive at this level,look how Oxford have kicked on.
The time for parading American footballers(did that shaq fellow ever appear at sixfields) are long gone.
Put the club on the market and let's see what develops.
I don't think even the most claret spectacle wearing fan would argue that the likes of Oxford are buying players for hundreds of thousands in order to progress where as we are buying untried loans and freebies,
We as fans know what happens next,we are not idiots.
I'm not knocking the board for having a go but it's glaringly apparent that the step up in league is far too big for a consortium of their limited resources.

It's all very well not putting up ticket prices for the Man U game but when we can't compete in the transfer market you have to question the logic!
A lot of ST were sold on the back of the promise little deliver big tag line.
Tonight we have been promised big and delivered little.
Sorry to vent my spleen but that's how I feel
Another in a large line of chances for the club to kick on has gone begging,
Who in all honesty expect us to stay up under a manager who has bemoaned the lack of firepower for weeks but now leaves us until Jan without any improvement in that department??
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #2811 on: August 31, 2016, 22:45:49 pm »

You need to take a step back Shoey.

Zakuani.
Revell.
Taylor.
Anderson.
Nyatanga.

All great signings at this level.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: August 31, 2016, 22:49:21 pm »

Zakuani.
Revell.
Taylor.
Anderson.
Nyatanga.

100%. Very impressed with our signings - it's just that annoyance that we are so close to having a very capable side. Cox would have been perfect for us.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2487

« Reply #2813 on: August 31, 2016, 22:50:59 pm »

100%. Very impressed with our signings - it's just that annoyance that we are so close to having a very capable side. Cox would have been perfect for us.

Agree fully about Cox. Not much the club can do if the player changes his mind though!
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: August 31, 2016, 22:53:35 pm »

We are not competitive at this level,look how Oxford have kicked on.

The same team that recently sold a player for £3 million pounds?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #2815 on: August 31, 2016, 22:54:42 pm »

Dear oh dear just as I had foreseen, up sh1t creek without a paddle.
1 L1 striker at the club, Rico crocked, that leaves Hoskins and JJ Hooper.
The fact we haven't maximised the Man U game is nothing short of incompetence when we are obviously struggling for money, the mess of a stand can't help matters either.
As for Meville do me a favour.........
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: August 31, 2016, 22:58:41 pm »

We can still sign free agents, so there is still options to be explored here.

Anderson certainly solves one of our winger problems, maybe this will spur Potter/Gorre/D'Ath/Sonupe onto greater things knowing there is some real competition/quality in their position. Even more so knowing we were looking to add Cox as well.

If Cox pulled out at the last minute then I don't know what else KT/RP or anyone else could do if he was our main target.

Report Spam   Logged
vietnamcobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: August 31, 2016, 22:59:51 pm »

+1 to this and Mr Slowe's post - Signing Cox would have left us with the polar opposite feeling to now.

My only small gripe is I feel we have too many 'fringe players' with the new boys (Hanley, Phillips, Sanoupe, Gorre) on top of the players RP inherited from Wilder who he feels won't cut it.

I see Ebanks-Blake has gone to Shrewsbury on a 6 month loan - that's a signing I would have been happy with.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: August 31, 2016, 23:00:14 pm »

Zakuani.
Revell.
Taylor.
Anderson.
Nyatanga.

Good signings at this level, maybe? Certainly Revell, Taylor and Zak. But great? I think the reason people are getting uppity is because it's glaringly obvious we lack creativity down the flanks - and goal scorers. Hopefully Anderson will solve part of that problem, but the simple fact is we have had forever to replace Marquis and Collins (and don't forget the goals scored by Holmes and Adams), and yet we haven't done it. Revell is a good player, but his strike rate in league football is generally poor. We been promised things since all through the summer, and even today there was talk of three coming in. Very disappointing.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: August 31, 2016, 23:04:20 pm »

+1 to this and Mr Slowe's post - Signing Cox would have left us with the polar opposite feeling to now.

My only small gripe is I feel we have too many 'fringe players' with the new boys (Hanley, Phillips, Sanoupe, Gorre) on top of the players RP inherited from Wilder who he feels won't cut it.

I see Ebanks-Blake has gone to Shrewsbury on a 6 month loan - that's a signing I would have been happy with.

I think this is a very valid point. The first eleven should keep us ensconced in mid table, but if we pick up too many injuries and suspensions? Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 152   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: