The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 18:59:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

This week Chris Wilder is linked with......

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This week Chris Wilder is linked with......  (Read 35322 times)
guest1269

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #580 on: August 11, 2016, 09:47:16 am »

I think any sensible and gracious fan always wishes an "old boy" that did well for us and didn't leave under any sort of cloud all the best and in some cases follow their fortunes for a while.

Chris Wilder deserves massive respect and if the Blades is his dream job hope he has a long and successful career there -  but no, in my opinion he is not the new messiah - he didn't sign every player we had last year, score every goal, make every save. He didn't travel thousands of miles at his own personal cost to cheer the team on. He may not have been paid for a few weeks but undoubtedly had more options than other club employees on or close to on minimum wage. He certainly supported KT's bid to buy the club but I see no evidence he "persuaded" him to do so.

I still maintain that a factor last season in the darkest days that could have gone either way (Bad or good) was the simple fact we could sign no loan players and simply had to work with what we had got - I doubt that is what any manager would have chosen but I still believe it was pivotal in our amazing run.

Last season was extraordinary on so many levels and many many people contributed to it - in both obvious and less obvious ways.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #581 on: August 11, 2016, 11:46:08 am »

Wilder phoned kt up to ask him if he fancied getting back into football. As good as persuading him I guess
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #582 on: August 11, 2016, 12:05:14 pm »

I am not sure where this fallacy re loan players comes from.

We used 9 or 10 loan players last year and they must have appeared 120 to 140 times in total
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 11, 2016, 12:15:13 pm »

Chris Wilder deserves massive respect and if the Blades is his dream job hope he has a long and successful career there -  but no, in my opinion he is not the new messiah - he didn't sign every player we had last year, score every goal, make every save. He didn't travel thousands of miles at his own personal cost to cheer the team on. He may not have been paid for a few weeks but undoubtedly had more options than other club employees on or close to on minimum wage. He certainly supported KT's bid to buy the club but I see no evidence he "persuaded" him to do so. 

Genuinely struggling to work out which player(s) he didn't sign last season. I'm assuming it's going to be a real obvious player, but I can't think who.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest1269

« Reply #584 on: August 11, 2016, 14:49:45 pm »

Genuinely struggling to work out which player(s) he didn't sign last season. I'm assuming it's going to be a real obvious player, but I can't think who.

To be fair - I'm just doing the same exercise (and I wrote the line) and I'm struggling!!!

Re the loans I'm talking about the specific period where we started our run (never to look back)
Report Spam   Logged
Crawley Cobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Level 5 Combination
« Reply #585 on: August 12, 2016, 01:00:57 am »

Hackett? (Though he got bombed out).
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #586 on: August 12, 2016, 08:20:56 am »

Well for what its worth I don't wish any ill on CW. He did a lot of really good things for us and was the right man at the right time.

I didn't feel this at the time but I'm kind of glad that the Sheff U job came along as its unlikely he would have created such great memories this year. Moving on kind of protects his status I guess...

I appreciate there's little or no loyalty amongst players and managers these days but hadn't realised that it extended to fans too. Shame on those who just roundly dismiss CW's achievements with us...

Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #587 on: August 12, 2016, 08:29:29 am »

i dont wish any ill on him, i just dont give a s*** what he does anymore
Report Spam   Logged
Matthew Rush

« Reply #588 on: August 12, 2016, 08:44:02 am »

i dont wish any ill on him, i just dont give a **** what he does anymore

Can't quite believe this considering you keep clicking into a thread with his name in the title.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #589 on: August 12, 2016, 09:00:17 am »

This 100%.

Is like seeing a ex girlfriend move on with a guy that is loaded and has better car than you.
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 12, 2016, 18:01:16 pm »

Of course not. But he did leave a sour taste in a lot of fan's mouths when he courted Charlton.
Sheffield United I understand best of luck to him, but Charlton?
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 12, 2016, 19:30:48 pm »

Of course not. But he did leave a sour taste in a lot of fan's mouths when he courted Charlton.
Sheffield United I understand best of luck to him, but Charlton?

He was never going to Charlton, he used them to flush out Sheffield United
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #592 on: August 12, 2016, 20:53:16 pm »

I'll always be grateful to CW for sticking his V up to Oxford, royally screwing them over and coming to us. The delusional twats are still bitter to the core!  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 12, 2016, 21:39:46 pm »

He was never going to Charlton, he used them to flush out Sheffield United
Yes I know, but left a bad taste, the day after the parade too.
I'm so thankful for what CW did for NTFC but of course he is now geography history
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #594 on: August 15, 2016, 09:04:37 am »

This 100%.

Is like seeing a ex girlfriend move on with a guy that is loaded and has better car than you.

Probably has a smaller peni$ though...
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #595 on: August 15, 2016, 09:50:13 am »

A goalkeeper.. Hmmm
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #596 on: August 15, 2016, 09:55:19 am »

A goalkeeper.. Hmmm

What?? Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 15, 2016, 10:10:17 am »

The knifes are out at Sheffield utd, they will have to start winning, or Wilder will be gone.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #598 on: August 15, 2016, 10:14:08 am »

I wondered how long it would be before wilder came in for Adam smith - watching the goals from the Sheffield United v Rochdale match on Saturday may suggest that he has lot patience with his keeper.
Report Spam   Logged
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 15, 2016, 10:32:24 am »

In his after match interview he says he wants a Goalkeeper, a centre half, a centre midfielder and a pacy forward....dreams
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: