The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:57:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

'Pompey Party'

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Pompey Party'  (Read 11484 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2016, 13:12:35 pm »

A34 is a decent option if you want to avoid M25/A3, especially if you're coming from Daventry. Used to be able to get down to Pompey in 2hrs. M275 entering the city is a better option than the Eastern Road too.

That said the A3 is way better than it used to be as they've got rid of the bottleneck and built a massive tunnel.

Yes true, I live just off the A3, although it still takes me 2 hours to Northampton early on a Saturday with very little traffic.
Pompey is another 30 minutes further or anything between 45 and 90 minutes on a sunny day.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2016, 13:22:45 pm »

Fratton Park holds about 21,000 so it should definitely be a season high gate for the division.
Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2016, 13:52:09 pm »

Fratton Park holds about 21,000 so it should definitely be a season high gate for the division.

You can't blame them.. turning up to watch the champions  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2016, 15:37:07 pm »

Just arrived in my hotel in Fareham. Came down the A34 and the M27. Traffic jams round Winchester and Eastleigh. Don't leave it late tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2016, 15:50:04 pm »

Just arrived in my hotel in Fareham. Came down the A34 and the M27. Traffic jams round Winchester and Eastleigh. Don't leave it late tomorrow.
Get them pubs checked out!
I'm looking at going to Old Portsmouth I think. Gotta see the sea after going all that way.
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2016, 16:20:18 pm »

Just talking a stroll past the Spinnaker tower, readying myself for tomorrow's Pompey party. Beautiful evening.
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2016, 16:29:29 pm »

Just talking a stroll past the Spinnaker tower, readying myself for tomorrow's Pompey party. Beautiful evening.
Any chance you can sample the pubs this evening as a kind of public service? We ent heard from Coolcat yet here
Report Spam   Logged

guest2608

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2016, 16:50:10 pm »

I lived in the dockyard for many years on a big grey war canoe..... I'm looking fwd to packing my grip tonight, getting my leave chit stamped by the jossman, joe blacksy booked for 0615z , s*** shower shave shampoo, civvy rig on, ashore by 0630, train to London, six pack of red death and 20 blue liners....hit Joannas for some dirty MILF sessions, knocked eyt by boot necks by 2300..... picked up by MODPLOD, big eats back on board.....

Eh?
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2016, 17:13:26 pm »

I'm driving down with my mum and dad and leaving them in Southsea for the day. If I park in Southsea, near the hoverport is Fratton Park in reeasonable walking distance does anyone know?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2016, 17:21:09 pm »

I lived in the dockyard for many years on a big grey war canoe..... I'm looking fwd to packing my grip tonight, getting my leave chit stamped by the jossman, joe blacksy booked for 0615z , **** shower shave shampoo, civvy rig on, ashore by 0630, train to London, six pack of red death and 20 blue liners....hit Joannas for some dirty MILF sessions, knocked eyt by boot necks by 2300..... picked up by MODPLOD, big eats back on board.....

Eh?

Shore patrol not running in Pompey?
Report Spam   Logged

Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2016, 17:48:58 pm »

I'm driving down with my mum and dad and leaving them in Southsea for the day. If I park in Southsea, near the hoverport is Fratton Park in reeasonable walking distance does anyone know?

It is a fair stroll to be honest, I'd allow at least 45 minutes walking from there maybe more.

Might be best dropping your folks there and parking in central Southsea a bit further along the shore.
Report Spam   Logged
southeastcobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2016, 17:50:07 pm »

Is there any particular watering hole the claret army will be gathering before the game?

ps sorry if i have missed this before
Report Spam   Logged

** 31 UNDEFEATED **
WWWWWWWWWWDDWDWWDDDDWDWWDDDDDWW
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2016, 18:20:17 pm »

It is a fair stroll to be honest, I'd allow at least 45 minutes walking from there maybe more.

Might be best dropping your folks there and parking in central Southsea a bit further along the shore.

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2016, 18:47:23 pm »

Noticed that they have built on the big car park they used to have out the front, might make parking a bit of an issue?
Report Spam   Logged

pattcobb
Guess who's back?

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2016, 19:11:03 pm »

Thanks
You can get the train to Fratton from Harbour or Portsmouth and Southsea station £2.70 return.
As my return is to and from Portsmouth Harbour my ticket allows for a break in journey, which I will take in Fratton for 3 hours.
Report Spam   Logged

southeastcobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2016, 19:23:54 pm »

I spoke to portsmouth a number time regarding parking. The big car park is still there but limited spaces, they have advised its first come first served at £5 a pop. This also includes disabled parking. Recommended time to arrive to secure a space 12.00-12.30pm.

See you all tomorrow, #UpTheCobblers
Report Spam   Logged

** 31 UNDEFEATED **
WWWWWWWWWWDDWDWWDDDDWDWWDDDDDWW
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2016, 19:33:03 pm »

For various reason i think the capacity at Fratton Park is around 18,500.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2016, 20:45:49 pm »

Any chance you can sample the pubs this evening as a kind of public service? We ent heard from Coolcat yet here

First pub I walk past, I was greeted with a chorus of "we've got O'Toole" 😀
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2016, 21:00:25 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin So hope that's true.
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2016, 21:54:53 pm »

Was it the players? Judging by the pallet of beers in the club shop yesterday?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: