The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:30:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Blade here

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blade here  (Read 6766 times)
SufcCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: June 05, 2016, 08:49:56 am »

Hi just wondering if youve heard anything about this Ricky Holmes chappy coming to the lane? Strong roumers up in Sheffield that its more or less a done deal and will be confirmed in the next 48 hours, CW seems to rate/speak about him highly.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 09:11:27 am »

Though Wilder at the moment is still untouchable, he will fast fall from grace if he starts raiding our players.
I've already got a bad taste in my mouth from the way he courted Charlton before Sheffield United.
My faith in football was restored this last season with Leicester and the Cobblers exploits but with Vardy on the verge of moving to Arsenal and maybe Holmes to Blades then sorry sounds like the fun is over back to the underlying recognition that greed is the thing that drives football these days.
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 09:12:30 am »

As a player for the second half of last season he was fantastic.
He can be a little injury prone thus he only played half the season.
He's nearly 30 and never played above L2 level and is still under contract so will you value him as high as us?
It will be interesting to see how much Mr Wilder will want him. He always spoke highly of him but was known to drop him from time to time.
I'm sure if he leaves he will say like everyone else how much he's loved his time here and is not moving for cash but to be closer to his home in ........... Essex 😂
We'll wait and see what happens.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 09:37:54 am »

Though Wilder at the moment is still untouchable, he will fast fall from grace if he starts raiding our players.
I've already got a bad taste in my mouth from the way he courted Charlton before Sheffield United.
My faith in football was restored this last season with Leicester and the Cobblers exploits but with Vardy on the verge of moving to Arsenal and maybe Holmes to Blades then sorry sounds like the fun is over back to the underlying recognition that greed is the thing that drives football these days.

Greed drives most people. Football is no different.

But in answer to the guy who supports second best team in Sheffield....

Ricky was great for us. Not rated at Portmouth. And like it's been mentioned before... He has no record above L2 level. Any attention he'll lap it up... No attention, he'll fall apart.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 09:45:28 am »

Couldn't have said it better pattcobb, this is exactly how I feel about the situation. I also hope that there is a bit more communication from page and kelvin next week on the playing side of things - it's been very quiet this week and there have been rumours flying round all over the place
Report Spam   Logged
SufcCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 09:59:48 am »

I know were your coming from, seen it a hell of a lot alately, money and football etc, harry maguire for instance. Just wanted to know if you guys have heard anything or was just roumers atm. Also with george long ummin n arrin about the new contract CW said hes got a back up plan in place for if he wants to move on, and same again, your keepers been linked. Its harsh in football than money drives players instead of loyalty/passion, but thats the way it is
Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 10:16:38 am »

A lot going around about Holmes but mainly forum gossip.

Either way think he'll end up going he was too good last year and other people will offer more ££££

Be gutted if he went but think it's inevitable  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
cobblerron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 10:30:40 am »

I know were your coming from, seen it a hell of a lot alately, money and football etc, harry maguire for instance. Just wanted to know if you guys have heard anything or was just roumers atm. Also with george long ummin n arrin about the new contract CW said hes got a back up plan in place for if he wants to move on, and same again, your keepers been linked. Its harsh in football than money drives players instead of loyalty/passion, but thats the way it is

Can you afford £500k for Smith and £250k for Holmes
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 10:35:24 am »

Pay the money and you'll get him.

He's been class for us.

Wilder was also class for us, starts nicking our players then his legend status may become tarnished - not that he'll give a **** and rightly so. Gotta do what's best for his new club.

The thing with Ricky is I think he enjoys being a big fish in a small pond.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 10:36:51 am »

The best cobblers player of the last decade IMO.
Shame we couldn't hold onto him.
I wonder who'll be next out the door??
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 10:37:05 am »

It was always going to be a rumour regardless though wasn't it? Ex manager goes to a club with better finances, our best player is always going to be rumoured to be a target. Whether it's actually something that's acually in motion or not, who knows.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 11:04:25 am »

Think we should be asking more than that for Smith.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 11:38:47 am »

The best cobblers player of the last decade IMO.
Shame we couldn't hold onto him.
I wonder who'll be next out the door??

Past tense? Whilst he might go he hasn't yet. That is unless I've missed the deal complete.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
SufcCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 14:20:50 pm »

I would like to think so yes, just hope we dont get them as a steal and give you guys the money you deserve for them, looking forward to seeing you next year and hope you can do well and take league 1 by storm! Good luck for the season fellas
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 14:57:09 pm »

Wilder out if respect for Oxford, Didn't sign any of there players when he came here, I am still hoping that he gives us the same amount respect. As for this greed  issue,A footballers playing day's are short, so you can't blame them for getting the best contracts while they can.
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 16:22:16 pm »

Wilder out if respect for Oxford, Didn't sign any of there players when he came here, I am still hoping that he gives us the same amount respect. As for this greed  issue,A footballers playing day's are short, so you can't blame them for getting the best contracts while they can.

Defender there defending the greedy arrogant dis-loyal modern footballer. As I said a couple things this last season have regained my faith in the actual football itself. Otherwise for me it has always been about the quality of the day out - with the football last season being a very nice bonus indeed.
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 16:59:35 pm »

None of the Oxelona players were good enough?
A footballer who has done his best within the confines and level of the environment, realises he needs to move to a better environment to be able to have similar success shocker!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 17:31:21 pm »

Couldn't have said it better pattcobb, this is exactly how I feel about the situation. I also hope that there is a bit more communication from page and kelvin next week on the playing side of things - it's been very quiet this week and there have been rumours flying round all over the place
The new manager is probably having a well deserved holiday and I'd wager the chairman is doing something similar.

The season has officially been finished for barely a week (we've already signed a player this week by the way) so why on earth should they be communicating constantly with us?

If people are so impatient and already worrying that we haven't signed x, y and z or that Holmes, Smith ect are going then that's mad. If it was July 1 then that would be a different matter.
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2016, 17:48:10 pm »

Ricky Holmes will do what's right for Ricky Holmes

Report Spam   Logged
Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2016, 18:07:37 pm »

as would any of us, whatever job we were in.
Report Spam   Logged

After years of boredom, despair, resignation and misery, this is unbound joy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: