The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 13:39:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Blade here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blade here  (Read 6841 times)
Ralap

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2016, 12:09:40 pm »

This.

I decided when it looked like we were going to fold that I would pull out all the stops to get to as many away games as time and money would allow for as long as we had a club. That quickly changed, once we were saved,  to not wanting to miss a moment of the season, even Plymouth on a Tuesday night in January. I still missed some epic games (Luton away, Northwich at home because of work,  Carlisle and Orient away , finances designated to other games) We may well struggle next season, it's a given that we will, sooner or later, but the memories of last season will keep me going for years.  Smiley

And to top it all off you can get the 2015/16 DVD from the revamped club shop as of tomorrow.  Grin Oh yes.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2016, 14:26:13 pm »

I'm not saying that am I. Dan suggested we need to sign a top quality goalkeeper IF Adam Smith leaves. I am saying we don't need to because Ryan Clarke is good enough with maybe a younger keeper as backup. I also asked for some evidence as to why he thinks Ryan Clarke is not good enough for our 1st team.

When Adam Smith & Ryan Clarke signed last summer most people thought Clarke would be number 1, then it was only the outstanding form shown by Smith in training & pre-season that got him ahead of Clarke. Following that also his form throughout the season with the odd blip thrown in, never allowed Clarke a sniff at getting in bar the occasional cup game earlier in the season when I seem to remember him not letting anybody down.     

He suggested Clarke is a 'vastly inferior goalkeeper to Adam'. Not as good maybe, but vastly inferior - I don't think so.   
Got to agree with all of that. Clarke was our 1st choice signing keeper, and respected at the Kassamp Nou. Having had our fair share of Chris Dunnesque keepers over the years, Clarke certainly isn't a worry between the sticks!
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2016, 14:56:43 pm »

I'd hazard a guess there's considerably less chance of it buying some bricks, a swimming pool and bifolding doors than there was this time last year and considerably more chance of it going back into the club - in whatever form.

If you accept that Clarke is up to it, which I'd tend to - then a backup shouldn't be difficult to find so however the money goes back in, it matters not.

If you're suggesting that KT got involved because he thought he could pillage transfer fees then you're a bit naive
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2016, 15:14:18 pm »

I'd hazard a guess there's considerably less chance of it buying some bricks, a swimming pool and bifolding doors than there was this time last year and considerably more chance of it going back into the club - in whatever form.

If you accept that Clarke is up to it, which I'd tend to - then a backup shouldn't be difficult to find so however the money goes back in, it matters not.

If you're suggesting that KT got involved because he thought he could pillage transfer fees then you're a bit naive

Well said.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2016, 17:09:38 pm »

Gents I hope you are right, but I've got a feeling a lot of it will be on a plane to Florida.
The lack of activerty on the stadium says a lot for me, even if it was a five year plan  Grin we could still extend the south stand.
The east is a basket case simply not fit for purpose a ridiculous waste of money, virtually no more seats for £3m, so I can understand why it's been left in its current state.
Let's wait and see the signings we make and who leaves.
One thing is for sure Chris Wilder was in one hell of a hurry to leave!
Wonder why?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Kingsthorpe Cobbler

« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2016, 17:23:58 pm »

Gents I hope you are right, but I've got a feeling a lot of it will be on a plane to Florida.
The lack of activerty on the stadium says a lot for me, even if it was a five year plan  Grin we could still extend the south stand.
The east is a basket case simply not fit for purpose a ridiculous waste of money, virtually no more seats for £3m, so I can understand why it's been left in its current state.
Wonder why?

Wonder why?

Because the Sheffield United job was available, the job he's always been waiting for.

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2016, 17:46:10 pm »

Then why go for an interview with Charlton that was arranged a week before the open top bus tour?
If they would have negotiated terms he would have gone to CAFC
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2016, 17:54:31 pm »

Wonder why?

I'm probably one of the few on here that actually likes the majority of your posts... But you can't be serious? KT is in no way responsible for the east stand. And he is the sole reason you and Beds have something to moan about. Yet before bloke even gets a chance to run us for his first season, he is subjected to accusations of milking the club and making CW want to leave.

If you and Beds can't understand what he is trying to do, then fine, don't comment. But don't show your despair to make a point by just guessing and making it up. I'll happily bet that neither of you have extended him the courtesy of emailing him direct and asking him for his opinion. Yet you will both spend hours on here trying to discredit him without a shred of evidence to back it up. We're all sorry that DC screwed us. And none of us know what is around the corner with KT. But give the bloke a fighting chance. He saved your fcuking club.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 18:15:36 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
Kingsthorpe Cobbler

« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2016, 17:58:17 pm »

Then why go for an interview with Charlton that was arranged a week before the open top bus tour?
If they would have negotiated terms he would have gone to CAFC

Because Charlton also are a bigger club than us (Premier league a couple of seasons ago). And with Sheff Utd considering Nigel Adkins future Wilder gambled on moving matters forward ie Sheff Utd sacking Adkins and him getting the job at his beloved team.

He forced the matter in his favour. The board admitted in interview that they have always wanted CW as manager but the time was never right or more to the point he hadn't proved himself enough. He has now, and the rest is history unfortunately for us.  
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2016, 18:21:22 pm »

My god ....some people are never happy are they. To actually point the finger at KT for east stand debacle is utterly ridiculous and then to suggest he is on some kind of money grabbing mission ....well I'm lost for words. The guy saved our club from oblivion for god's sake, he has only just got his feet under the table give the man a chance
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2016, 18:36:22 pm »

I'm probably one of the few on here that actually likes the majority of your posts... But you can't be serious? KT is in no way responsible for the east stand. And he is the sole reason you and Beds have something to moan about. Yet before bloke even gets a chance to run us for his first season, he is subjected to accusations of milking the club and making CW want to leave.

If you and Beds can't understand what he is trying to do, then fine, don't comment. But don't show your despair to make a point by just guessing and making it up. I'll happily bet that neither of you have extended him the courtesy of emailing him direct and asking him for his opinion. Yet you will both spend hours on here trying to discredit him without a shred of evidence to back it up. We're all sorry that DC screwed us. And none of us know what is around the corner with KT. But give the bloke a fighting chance. He saved your fcuking club.
Tel you are without doubt one of the lets say more intelligent posters on this site hence why you are one of the few that enjoys my posts.
I apologise if I gave the impression that it's any fault of KT's for the East stand, quite the contrary I can totally understand why he hasn't done anything with it other than bolt a few seats in, it's a case of throwing good money after bad.
I am also grateful for him coming in when he did, I am merely being devils advocate as to the reason Mr Wilder wanted to leave so quickly along with it seems half of the squad.
I am happy to wait and see who we sign.

On a slightly different note it was our Euro2016 sweep at work today and I drew.... The Republic of Ireland so come on you boys in green 😆😆😆😆😆
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2016, 18:37:22 pm »

yes, give him a chance and avoid landing yourself in court. I would imagine KT could afford the legal fees more than you could.
Report Spam   Logged

After years of boredom, despair, resignation and misery, this is unbound joy.
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2016, 18:47:12 pm »

yes, give him a chance and avoid landing yourself in court. I would imagine KT could afford the legal fees more than you could.
Court  Grin WTF are you on about?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest47

« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2016, 19:17:51 pm »

Do you know that?
Report Spam   Logged
Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2016, 20:48:29 pm »

Court  Grin WTF are you on about?

I'm on about comments like 'I've got a feeling a lot of it will be on a plane to Florida.'
Report Spam   Logged

After years of boredom, despair, resignation and misery, this is unbound joy.
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2016, 20:59:41 pm »

Do you know that?
It's all in the Wilder thread, apparently Wilder had been flown to Belgium to meet the owner and it came out in the media.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2016, 21:01:33 pm »

I'm on about comments like 'I've got a feeling a lot of it will be on a plane to Florida.'
And what's wrong with that, it's his club if he wants a return that's all well and good?

Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2016, 21:28:09 pm »

Libellous much?
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2016, 21:33:29 pm »

Libellous much?

Don't worry, no unofficial football message board has ever been sued and if you want to read proper libellous stuff try the various Man Utd and Arsenal boards.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2016, 21:35:11 pm »

Don't worry, no unofficial football message board has ever been sued and if you want to read proper libellous stuff try the various Man Utd and Arsenal boards.

You've obviously never batted away the amount of Shyte some of us on here have...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: