The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:31:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Euro 2016 - France

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Euro 2016 - France  (Read 4056 times)
guest48

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2016, 17:16:23 pm »

Sorry but why is no alcohol in Qatar a bad thing? Surely this would tone down some of the violence we've seen.
By all accounts the Russian "firms" were there for one thing only, and it wasn't a few beers, so no alcohol wouldn't have made no difference for them.
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2016, 18:53:40 pm »

By all accounts the Russian "firms" were there for one thing only, and it wasn't a few beers, so no alcohol wouldn't have made no difference for them.

Yes, but for the previous poster to say he would feel unsafe due to alcohol restirctions is bizzare.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2016, 19:38:08 pm »

I don't see where Hodgson got it wrong. Wilshere for Rooney was a positive substitution and Milner for Sterling made complete sense being 1-0 up. I'm actually glad he resisted the crowd pleasing Vardy for Kane.
They were undone by a opportunistic goal from Russia in extra time which can happen in any game at the death.
It was a great performance.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2016, 19:45:12 pm »

Yes, but for the previous poster to say he would feel unsafe due to alcohol restirctions is bizzare.

Perhaps it is the risk of having his hand amputated or being publically flogged.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2016, 12:14:13 pm »

A couple of upside down P@@h flags in the papers today...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2016, 17:32:14 pm »

Can't believe England's finest  Grin are moaning because the naughty Russians gave the wannabe tw@ts a good hiding.

Whilst I have every sympathy for the innocents, this is absolutely a case of reaping what you sow. If they ain't threatening bar owners and terrorising decent folk, they are fcuked. Like all bullies, they are cowards underneath.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2016, 19:26:36 pm »

A couple of upside down P@@h flags in the papers today...
Decent Posh fan who owned one of those flags. Posted on Awaydays FB last night, saying they were having good time, chatting even with Cobblers fans before the Russian scum stormed in attacking anyone male or female. Was photo of an hour before the apes arrived. Sickened by it.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2016, 19:29:57 pm »

Can't believe England's finest  Grin are moaning because the naughty Russians gave the wannabe tw@ts a good hiding.

Whilst I have every sympathy for the innocents, this is absolutely a case of reaping what you sow. If they ain't threatening bar owners and terrorising decent folk, they are fcuked. Like all bullies, they are cowards underneath.
That's the point, it wasn't England's finest...the 1800 banned were at home! You must have seen the sickening level of violence, with dozens kicking and stamping on defenceless England fans on the ground until unconscious to know what you are saying is crass!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 19:31:53 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2016, 07:20:50 am »

That's the point, it wasn't England's finest...the 1800 banned were at home! You must have seen the sickening level of violence, with dozens kicking and stamping on defenceless England fans on the ground until unconscious to know what you are saying is crass!

Nothing crass about it. What happened was terrible. But nothing more than English supporters have done a hundred times over. As if it was ever going to be our choice when it was payback time.

English hooligans have left their calling cards, both literally and in terms of permanent physical/structural damage all over Europe as well as in the domestic league. Do you think our "supporters" used discretion and valour when choosing their victims. I am sorry that innocent people got hurt. But it was inevitable that it would all get worse. There are groups now thrown into the melting pot, that really don't give a fcuk who you are.

I distanced myself from it all many years back now. Just part of growing up I suppose. But this new dimension is random and incredibly dangerous. The Frankenstein from the 70s & 80s you might say.
Report Spam   Logged
Weststandview

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2016, 10:19:43 am »

This isn't 2 firms going head to head - the video link gives you an idea of how last Saturday afternoon panned out.

This was the violence that left a 51 year old receiving CPR and in an induced coma.

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2016, 16:01:51 pm »

This isn't 2 firms going head to head - the video link gives you an idea of how last Saturday afternoon panned out.

This was the violence that left a 51 year old receiving CPR and in an induced coma.

There is no suggestion that on this occasion it wasn't a bit one sided. Historically, that hasn't bothered the England hooligans.

I'm merely saying it was all a bit too inevitable, that sooner later somebody would up the ante. I doubt very much if this is the end of it.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2016, 16:10:44 pm »

I doubt very much if this is the end of it.

Especially when they're hosting a world cup in a couple years! Some of their tabloids are even glorifying what Russian fans are doing.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2016, 15:47:34 pm »

I don't see where Hodgson got it wrong. Wilshere for Rooney was a positive substitution and Milner for Sterling made complete sense being 1-0 up. I'm actually glad he resisted the crowd pleasing Vardy for Kane.
They were undone by a opportunistic goal from Russia in extra time which can happen in any game at the death.
It was a great performance.

there were a couple of occasions where we broke away near the end, where Kane didn't have the legs. Vardy would have put that game to bed.

Stirling was shocking and has been all season, he dosn't deserve to be there. Albrighton and townsend were much more deserving of his slot.
Report Spam   Logged

guest48

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2016, 16:20:36 pm »

Did anyone notice, at last nights Portugal v Iceland game, the German flag in the far right hand corner ? Printed right across the middle was "FUCHTORF", surely there's not a place called FUCHTORF and it was someone having a bit of a laugh !!   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2016, 16:34:11 pm »

Yes there is, it was over the back from where I used to live.  Used to make me smile every time I drove past the sign...
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2016, 20:40:44 pm »

Did anyone notice, at last nights Portugal v Iceland game, the German flag in the far right hand corner ? Printed right across the middle was "FUCHTORF", surely there's not a place called FUCHTORF and it was someone having a bit of a laugh !!   Grin
Yeah, in the corner next to a smallish St George's.
Report Spam   Logged
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2016, 12:21:21 pm »

Come on England!!! We've got to beat this lot.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2016, 13:12:51 pm »

Stirling is still useless...
Report Spam   Logged

Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2016, 13:52:17 pm »

This is the worst feeling I've ever had about a football game. And I've had a few bad feelings as you know.
Report Spam   Logged
swindonclaret

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2016, 14:12:31 pm »

Can someone tell Kyle walker he doesn't have to try to beat 5 players and get to the by line every time he gets the ball in the welsh half
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: