The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 23:40:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ricky Holmes hands in transfer request

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ricky Holmes hands in transfer request  (Read 14772 times)
Cobbler78

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #200 on: June 17, 2016, 14:29:51 pm »

didn't want to start a new thread as it is just a 'rumour' but I've heard whispers that our first choice left back may be on his way next. Back up north Im lead to believe.

This would be a disaster, nothing we could do to keep Ricky....or possibly Adam Smith, I doubt anyone would offer Dave Buchanan life changing wages/contract to tempt him away. Is there something more going on here? The BlackCat house mates of Adams, Holmes, Byrom and Buchanan have been broken up. Holmes seemed unhappy the way Adams left, is there more to all of these players leaving than meets the eye?

If Buchanan and Smith do leave, that would be over half of our first team squad XI from last year gone as well as the Management team. I go from thinking we have an outside chance of the playoffs, to just hoping we survive......what a shame
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler150

« Reply #201 on: June 17, 2016, 15:24:48 pm »

When Holmes tweeted about Adams the writting was on the wall! If Buchy wants out then thats a bad sign! Im trying to stay positive but i feel like im lying to myself
Report Spam   Logged
Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 17, 2016, 16:42:12 pm »

Footballers are like sheep and social media doesn't help. Once pre-season starts things will hopefully settle down.
Report Spam   Logged

After years of boredom, despair, resignation and misery, this is unbound joy.
Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #203 on: June 17, 2016, 16:44:25 pm »

Buchanan is one of the players even I had down as being nailed on to be here next season.

If he wants out too then something really is afoot.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2016, 17:26:45 pm »

Don't panic yet.
As has been said before, we've replaced our manager with another who already has experience of league one. We've 'replaced' Marquis with Revel, someone who has greater experience at a higher level and sounds like a similar type to me. We have lost Adams and Holmes, but the former can be replaced by Potter given fitness and a run, and whilst the later may take league one by storm at Charlton because he's trick and exceptional with the ball at his feet he might also get a little lost at the next level because he's not overly quick for a wide player. Significantly, we do now have funds to replace him with proven league one quality. We've also signed a youngish right back with decent experience at league one level, and a 22 year old left back who's played for England under19s and Buchanon hasn't yet left us.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #205 on: June 17, 2016, 17:35:12 pm »

didn't want to start a new thread as it is just a 'rumour' but I've heard whispers that our first choice left back may be on his way next. Back up north Im lead to believe.

Cue for the conspiracy theories not to mention doomsday soothsayers and told you so's
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #206 on: June 17, 2016, 17:54:36 pm »

To be honest I'm not 100% sure Buchs will be good enough for league one.
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 17, 2016, 18:47:47 pm »

Can't believe you all now think Buchanan is leaving based on what somebody on here says
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 17, 2016, 19:58:11 pm »

Can't believe you all now think Buchanan is leaving based on what somebody on here says

Certainly not all - maybe just the usual suspects.
Report Spam   Logged

cobblerron

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 17, 2016, 20:40:03 pm »

Didn't give that impression when he was welcoming the new players to Sixfields on Twitter
Report Spam   Logged
Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 17, 2016, 21:22:13 pm »

As I've already said, we need pre-season to start. When that happens, players can start looking ahead, rather than back. Same for fans!
Report Spam   Logged

After years of boredom, despair, resignation and misery, this is unbound joy.
guest47

« Reply #211 on: June 17, 2016, 21:33:45 pm »

It's going to be interesting to see which of our players that adapt well to League One. I don't think it will be a problem for any of them.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2016, 08:42:18 am »

Well he played 69 game for Preston at that level and I can't remember him getting skinned too often by the better players (Roofe etc) that we came up against last year. For me Buchanan's a must keep, as much for his experience and leadership qualities as anything else.

My main concern at the moment is further up the field. Revell is clearly a more than decent targetman but his signing is slightly reminiscent of when Hoofroyd brought in Clive Platt when we already had Bayo. For me Rico and Revell are too similar and the budget would have been better spent signing someone who offered something different (i.e. pace) in addition to signing a young and hungry back up/long term successor for Rico (Marquis).

If Page goes for a 4-4-2 with Revell and Rico up front and two traditional wingers then he'll be abandoning what made us so good last year: a fluid 4-2-3-1 with a dynamic front four and JJ bossing the midfield from deep. When we played 4-4-2 following Collins' arrival we started looking leaden and predictable and results suffered.

Before any of the 'happy clappies' pile in, I'll say that it's very early days and these concerns will probably prove to be completely unfounded. However, I still think it's a debate which is worth having, particularly when our long-term survival at this level is at stake.

Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2016, 09:35:01 am »

Agree with most of this Bungle.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2016, 15:27:59 pm »

Well he played 69 game for Preston at that level and I can't remember him getting skinned too often by the better players (Roofe etc) that we came up against last year. For me Buchanan's a must keep, as much for his experience and leadership qualities as anything else.

My main concern at the moment is further up the field. Revell is clearly a more than decent targetman but his signing is slightly reminiscent of when Hoofroyd brought in Clive Platt when we already had Bayo. For me Rico and Revell are too similar and the budget would have been better spent signing someone who offered something different (i.e. pace) in addition to signing a young and hungry back up/long term successor for Rico (Marquis).

If Page goes for a 4-4-2 with Revell and Rico up front and two traditional wingers then he'll be abandoning what made us so good last year: a fluid 4-2-3-1 with a dynamic front four and JJ bossing the midfield from deep. When we played 4-4-2 following Collins' arrival we started looking leaden and predictable and results suffered.

Before any of the 'happy clappies' pile in, I'll say that it's very early days and these concerns will probably prove to be completely unfounded. However, I still think it's a debate which is worth having, particularly when our long-term survival at this level is at stake.

Well thought out but I doubt that Revell and Richards will play as a pair unless circumstances demand it. Richards is injury prone so we need a decent alternative; in fact the same could be said for Revell although I am not aware if he is injury prone. We need to replace Holmes pdq, and plus a back up like Adams. Not sure where Potter fits in all this!
Report Spam   Logged

The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2016, 16:50:05 pm »

At this present time I'm presuming we would look like this under last seasons 4-3-2-1:

Smith

Maloney-Rod-Diamond-Buchs

Byrom/Taylor-JJ

D'Ath-Hoskins-Potter

Rico
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2016, 17:28:59 pm »

At this present time I'm presuming we would look like this under last seasons 4-3-2-1:

Smith

Maloney-Rod-Diamond-Buchs

Byrom/Taylor-JJ

D'Ath-Hoskins-Potter

Rico

I doubt Revell has been brought here to sit on the bench. Also D'ath and Potter would have to majorly up their game to trouble League One defences.

Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2016, 18:00:02 pm »

I doubt Revell has been brought here to sit on the bench. Also D'ath and Potter would have to majorly up their game to trouble League One defences.

I can't see Rico not starting, so maybe you are right and we'll revert to 4-4-2?

D'Ath and Potter are the only wide options we have currently, both still have the potential to up their game given the chance though.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2016, 19:22:47 pm »

I can't see Rico not starting, so maybe you are right and we'll revert to 4-4-2?

D'Ath and Potter are the only wide options we have currently, both still have the potential to up their game given the chance though.

I like D'ath; he was very good  until RH appeared in
December  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Wheresmeticket?

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2016, 21:27:56 pm »

Surely we should be looking at all the L2 players we are going to be signing this year.  Major changes were always going to happen.  We have to be feeding on the smaller fish as the bigger fish are feeding on us?  Waiting optimistically for the cream of L2 / out of favour champ players to be announced any day soon. 
If that doesn't start happening significantly by mid July I will be worried and my failure to buy a season ticket in time to save £120 will be less painful...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: