The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:51:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ricky Holmes hands in transfer request

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ricky Holmes hands in transfer request  (Read 14622 times)
guest170

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2016, 06:21:38 am »

I wonder why the club announced the transfer request. Perhaps it was to show us fans that it's him that wants to leave rather than the club making a quick buck or to see if it will sniff out a bit more interest from other clubs - or a mixture of both.
To let other clubs who might be interested know and that a deal with another club might be close so get in quick.
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2016, 06:22:00 am »

What do Ricky Holmes, Chris Wilder, Danny Rose, Raheem Hanley, John Marquis, Danny Alfei and Darnell Furlong all have in common?  They all share the same agent.

What's your point ??
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2016, 06:28:32 am »

That they have the same agent😀
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2016, 06:35:57 am »

I would think there are a lot of players / managers/ coaches who share the same agents. Don't see the problem.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
defender

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2016, 06:42:35 am »

It is a shame that this has happend but, If he no longer want's no longer wants play for us, Then there is no point in trying to keep him, He did very well for us and played a big part in our season, but we move on without him, that's football.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2016, 06:52:02 am »

What do Ricky Holmes, Chris Wilder, Danny Rose, Raheem Hanley, John Marquis, Danny Alfei and Darnell Furlong all have in common?  They all share the same agent.

thomas cook?
Report Spam   Logged
Parklands Cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2016, 06:59:11 am »

To me Holmes will go down as one of the best players i have seen in a claret shirt in 50 years of watching.
Will be sorry to see him go but at 29 with a fantastic deal offered to him, near to his home I can fully understand him wanting to go.
Time will tell if on the pitch it works out for him or not.
Some players and clubs just seem to gel well as  he has done with us but at a bigger club like Charlton that may not happen.
As long as we get a good fee and spend wisely we move on.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2016, 07:36:29 am »

You'd be surprised how few players most agents have on their books at this level.  Most fans would not have known that over two thirds of Boothroyd's signings (permanent and on loan) were with the same agent and represented over half that agent's clients - to the point that you could almost predict who'd be coming in next.  My point is that many on here seem shocked and annoyed by Holmes request, but that underestimates the role of agents in modern football.  I used to watch the likes of Cyrille Regis and Eric Hall working the players' lounge at Sixfields.  It's easy to understand the total lack of club loyalty these days, and at this level word-of-mouth is I'm sure a strong pull when players choose an agent. 
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2016, 08:07:23 am »

and the fact Charlton will triple his wages and he can walk to the training ground from his house

Anybody know who Adam Smiths agent is ......

JJOT is represented by ex Leicester man Lee Philpot 
Report Spam   Logged
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2016, 08:07:27 am »

I've just noticed on the offy site they are claiming he's 6ft 2ins.
I appreciate people pimp up their CVs but at some point a buying club is bound to notice.
I mentioned this fact to Gareth at the end of season bash at the County Ground. He told me that it has nothing to do with Ntfc but the database is run by a separate company. They are the ones who add all the information, in this case wrongly.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2016, 08:18:10 am »

You'd be surprised how few players most agents have on their books at this level.  Most fans would not have known that over two thirds of Boothroyd's signings (permanent and on loan) were with the same agent and represented over half that agent's clients - to the point that you could almost predict who'd be coming in next.  My point is that many on here seem shocked and annoyed by Holmes request, but that underestimates the role of agents in modern football.  I used to watch the likes of Cyrille Regis and Eric Hall working the players' lounge at Sixfields.  It's easy to understand the total lack of club loyalty these days, and at this level word-of-mouth is I'm sure a strong pull when players choose an agent. 

Although apparently there are much more stringent controls on agents (not that I would trust any of the football authorities on anything) I think there is more than a possibility that there is a massive amount of collusion amongst a relatively small group of people and a similar amount of "tax free" money floating about. 
Report Spam   Logged
cobblerron

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2016, 08:36:56 am »

The bid turned down was in the region of £500k. Looks like, for once, we won't be fleeced.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2016, 09:15:22 am »

The bid turned down was in the region of £500k. Looks like, for once, we won't be fleeced.
Nor should we.
It's about time the cobblers were run like a proper football club
Report Spam   Logged
Realale

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2016, 10:11:04 am »

I will be gutted to see him leave but I am also quite looking forward to seeing Holmes up against Buchanan.
Report Spam   Logged

Who ya gonna call, Scousebusters!!
roade cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2016, 10:52:25 am »

I will be gutted to see him leave but I am also quite looking forward to seeing Holmes up against Buchanan.
You going to watch Charlton versus Sheffield United next season?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2016, 11:06:29 am »

Where did you read the quoted half-million tag?
Report Spam   Logged
Gazman

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2016, 11:10:51 am »

Nor should we.
It's about time the cobblers were run like a proper football club

KT said the transfer request was 'a game changer' might be that £500k will be accepted as a result
or "Stick another £50k on it and hes yours"
At this level for someone who is 29 and in the last year on his contract I guess is not a bad price if he has to go.
As long as it all goes back into the transfer kitty
Does anyone know if KT is planning on building a new house at the minute?
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2016, 11:31:47 am »

[/quote

Yes that WILL be interesting!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Cockney Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2016, 12:05:52 pm »

If it's 500K for Ricky Holmes to join Charlton I'll drive him there myself
Report Spam   Logged
swindonclaret

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2016, 12:13:50 pm »

Local radio down here is reporting

FOOTBALL : @BBCWiltshire understands deal struck for @Official_STFC's Nicky Ajose to join Charlton for fee in the region of £800,000 #stfc

Wonder if that takes them out of the market for Ricky?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: