The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 00:17:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Tickets please......

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tickets please......  (Read 6074 times)
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2016, 20:33:34 pm »

You've nailed it there too I am upset about the referendum. result . An apparently irreversible knee jerk vote with that bought votes off  UKIP for a worried Prime Minister that had a foundation in xenophobia at best and racsism at worst.
Welcome to the world of democracy.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2016, 20:47:15 pm »

I was shocked at the price I had to pay at Stanley for a "seated" ticket. Really your comment is a bit on the rhetorical side as it depends on how the team is performing; if well like at Pompey would have paid double for a seat! If not so good £18'ish. Generally I could not care less about heated seats, Frauleins or German Salami delivered to where I sit. Just happy to be there; as for me being in the presence of a Cobblers crowd in full swing is a pretty good experience.
Of course for whatever I have said here before you are correct. Portsmouth away for me was right up there with your Wembleys, Shrewsbury Anfield.
You can't really put a price on those expereinces. And that is where they have us isn't it?
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2016, 20:53:49 pm »

Your experience of Germany would appear to be limited to Christmas Markets

Lived there for eleven years, season ticket holder for four seasons at Gladbach?
A bit more than just the Weinachsmarkt...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2016, 21:00:35 pm »

Lived there for eleven years, season ticket holder for four seasons at Gladbach?
A bit more than just the Weinachsmarkt...
I call that lucky, hope you took my remarks with the mirth they were meant. I am off to Hamburg next month, my tenth German city. Ok as a tourist I grant you but love the country. Makes this evening's news all the more sad.
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2016, 07:09:31 am »

Welcome to the world of democracy.

Actually, I think democracy is more about the populous nominating someone who will listen to their views, do some research, weigh up the pros and cons and then represent a moderated version of those views; basically picking someone to act as a stupidity filter and ensure that the important decisions are made by someone with more than two brain cells to rub together. Of course, it would be naive to think that in reality that's what happens, given party politics and self interest, but at least you get a say in choosing a reasonably intelligent person who broadly reflects your world view to represent you.

Actually giving the average Joe Bloggs a direct say in making a decision is a bad idea, mainly because the average Joe Bloggs is pig thick. Can you imagine every decision being made by referendum? "We have a massive public spending deficit, we really need to increase income tax." "**** off, I ain't paying no more taxes, where do I vote 'no'? Can I take a selfie while I'm doing it?"
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:16:40 am by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2016, 10:26:38 am »

I think that is a rubbish opinion; if you want the kind of service as outlined by Deepcut - the UK is not for you! To be mollycoddled like that would drive most of us up the wall. As for your comment ref the referendum; this Island did ok without Europe for centuries; we are a trading nation and should be capable of making our own way in the world without the Germans/French etc holding our hands.
and how's voting leave working out for us? This 'trading nation' now has to pay a whole lot more for everything (ps, we don't manufacture anything anymore, this country is paid for by the finance industry. and a weak pound doesn't really help that much). Well done gramps, you'll soon be dead and not bothered about it. in the mean time, you've fúcked things up for everybody else.  I'm never helping a pensioner cross the road again
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2016, 11:36:26 am »

and how's voting leave working out for us? This 'trading nation' now has to pay a whole lot more for everything (ps, we don't manufacture anything anymore, this country is paid for by the finance industry. and a weak pound doesn't really help that much). Well done gramps, you'll soon be dead and not bothered about it. in the mean time, you've fúcked things up for everybody else.  I'm never helping a pensioner cross the road again

Ha Ha - you'll get Hallam going on that "expert analysis" of the current situation! Talk about a prejudiced view point

There are two ways of looking at Remain and Leave - the rather nice and cuddly gravy train you get with staying or a leap into the unknown with Brexit but pardon me to have some confidence in this country's ability to survive against apparent odds. So you think the youth and future generations will thank you for remaining in the EU dominated by Germany plus rising right wing nasties in France, Austria, Holland etc ; bankrupt Southern European States with massive youth unemployment plus a unsustainable refugee problem with all its attendant problems. The real villain in this is not you or I but Corbyn whose lack lustre performance enabled many unsatisfied labour voters to vote leave. Still 51% voted out and I suppose we have to abide by the majority wishes; painful for some though!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 11:37:59 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2016, 11:58:32 am »

Yeah - that's very prejudiced towards the facts of the situation, Marquis. You should try to use less facts, more random speculation,  cross your fingers and just hope that all will be well.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2016, 14:28:19 pm »

I don't read the Daily Mail

Maybe you just look at the nice pictures then?  Wink

There is a deeper movement successfully manipulating and separating the population of this country and further afield. Some of us can see this, some can't. I certainly don't need telling what to think by the TV,social media and the newspaper industry.

However Divide and conquer as a strategy has never been quite so effective as it is now.

Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2016, 16:36:14 pm »

Ha Ha - you'll get Hallam going on that "expert analysis" of the current situation! Talk about a prejudiced view point

There are two ways of looking at Remain and Leave - the rather nice and cuddly gravy train you get with staying or a leap into the unknown with Brexit but pardon me to have some confidence in this country's ability to survive against apparent odds. So you think the youth and future generations will thank you for remaining in the EU dominated by Germany plus rising right wing nasties in France, Austria, Holland etc ; bankrupt Southern European States with massive youth unemployment plus a unsustainable refugee problem with all its attendant problems. The real villain in this is not you or I but Corbyn whose lack lustre performance enabled many unsatisfied labour voters to vote leave. Still 51% voted out and I suppose we have to abide by the majority wishes; painful for some though!
He might have a point about Corbyn.
He secretly wanted out anyway is the general opinion.
If this government is so wrong, so bad etc. Why isn't the opposition leader banging fists on tables and telling them and us so?
To be fair Corbyn is like a wet lettuce.
Report Spam   Logged

The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2016, 16:47:16 pm »

Can anyone name the slugs?
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2016, 18:18:14 pm »

I'll take the nice and cuddly over the recession we're predicted to be in this time next year. Still, once your generation has departed this earth and the rest have seen how the grass isn't greener I predict well campaign to join again, if they'll have us of course.
Oh and to go back to the trading nation thing. Who are we going to trade with exactly? EU countries can't enter into their own trade agreements so we'd need to sign one with the EU as a whole. We can't have access to the single market unless we accept free movement of people. You know, all those horrible eastern Europeans you thought you could stop from coming over here. You lot didn't really think this through did you?
Still, at least we'll no longer have unelected leaders telling us what to do. Oh.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2016, 19:11:39 pm »

Can anyone name the slugs?
Not each one individually, but the fat one I would call Johnson, and the clueless looking one with a helmet, I would call Boothroyd.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2677

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2016, 19:18:02 pm »

I'll take the nice and cuddly over the recession we're predicted to be in this time next year. Still, once your generation has departed this earth and the rest have seen how the grass isn't greener I predict well campaign to join again, if they'll have us of course.
Oh and to go back to the trading nation thing. Who are we going to trade with exactly? EU countries can't enter into their own trade agreements so we'd need to sign one with the EU as a whole. We can't have access to the single market unless we accept free movement of people. You know, all those horrible eastern Europeans you thought you could stop from coming over here. You lot didn't really think this through did you?
Still, at least we'll no longer have unelected leaders telling us what to do. Oh.
Don't worry about it Marquis, the politicians will see to it that we get the opposite of what a majority voted for.
Report Spam   Logged
Freddie Ramscar

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2016, 20:01:07 pm »

Every pensioner can now breathe a sigh of relief!   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2016, 21:28:05 pm »

The problem is that you assume I voted leave. I don't mind Eastern Europeans at all. Happy to suffer Beds Cob wild predictions. I think your prognosis on the current situation is spot on particularly from your point of view. Bit of a prophet aren't you.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2016, 21:48:41 pm »

Every pensioner can now breathe a sigh of relief!   Wink

Grin - good to see you back Freddie you always have the best quips!
Report Spam   Logged

SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2016, 05:57:01 am »

He might have a point about Corbyn.
He secretly wanted out anyway is the general opinion.
If this government is so wrong, so bad etc. Why isn't the opposition leader banging fists on tables and telling them and us so?
To be fair Corbyn is like a wet lettuce.
That's very unfair to wet lettuce. It's a horticulturalist remark and I'll see you in court.
Report Spam   Logged
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2016, 06:57:33 am »

I thought this section was a forum about Northampton Town Football Club. Have I missed something?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2016, 07:36:27 am »

I thought this section was a forum about Northampton Town Football Club. Have I missed something?

Aparently, a referendum?  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: