The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:14:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Tickets please......

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tickets please......  (Read 6072 times)
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2016, 09:24:00 am »

Not each one individually, but the fat one I would call Johnson, and the clueless looking one with a helmet, I would call Boothroyd.

Grin

That verbal asalt will sort them out  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2016, 09:28:46 am »

I thought this section was a forum about Northampton Town Football Club. Have I missed something?

You're quite right of course, but I would like to congratulate everyone on avoiding talking/typing about the other thing for so long. Well done everybody  Smiley

Can I still talk about slugs please?
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2016, 14:12:58 pm »

You're quite right of course, but I would like to congratulate everyone on avoiding talking/typing about the other thing for so long. Well done everybody  Smiley

Can I still talk about slugs please?
The wanderings on this thread were caused by my musings in general about how far behind the Germans we seem to be.
A lot if people couldn't accept that. Some using ancient history to reassure themselves UK would be alright, alone.
History of course doesn't suggest that.
To get back on thread, I was wondering how Sixfields prices compare with the rest of the division?
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2016, 14:19:28 pm »

No it wasn't - I didn't mention anything about being up to being a fan. I said, If they are annoyed at £2 increase when we've gone up a division, and £2 is now "too expensive" the they likely should be spending there money elsewhere - that's my opinion, and again, just because you don't like it doesn't make it any different  - it's still perfectly valid.

Also please note, we don't live in Germany, Italy or Spain. Just incase you we're confused ;-) please stop taking things out of context.
You seem to struggle with the definitions of 'valid' and 'inference'!
You have infered that clearly...don't give a jack how valid you think your comment is! Comparative prices on the Continent ARE on the other hand, valid. Similar incomes comparable with admission prices shouldn't be too hard to grasp!
Oh and for the record...STH who travels all around the country!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2016, 14:30:39 pm »

Actually, I think democracy is more about the populous nominating someone who will listen to their views, do some research, weigh up the pros and cons and then represent a moderated version of those views; basically picking someone to act as a stupidity filter and ensure that the important decisions are made by someone with more than two brain cells to rub together. Of course, it would be naive to think that in reality that's what happens, given party politics and self interest, but at least you get a say in choosing a reasonably intelligent person who broadly reflects your world view to represent you.

Actually giving the average Joe Bloggs a direct say in making a decision is a bad idea, mainly because the average Joe Bloggs is pig thick. Can you imagine every decision being made by referendum? "We have a massive public spending deficit, we really need to increase income tax." "**** off, I ain't paying no more taxes, where do I vote 'no'? Can I take a selfie while I'm doing it?"
That's why constitutionally, there can never be a referendum on terms of economy and security.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2016, 14:43:17 pm »

Ha Ha - you'll get Hallam going on that "expert analysis" of the current situation! Talk about a prejudiced view point

There are two ways of looking at Remain and Leave - the rather nice and cuddly gravy train you get with staying or a leap into the unknown with Brexit but pardon me to have some confidence in this country's ability to survive against apparent odds. So you think the youth and future generations will thank you for remaining in the EU dominated by Germany plus rising right wing nasties in France, Austria, Holland etc ; bankrupt Southern European States with massive youth unemployment plus a unsustainable refugee problem with all its attendant problems. The real villain in this is not you or I but Corbyn whose lack lustre performance enabled many unsatisfied labour voters to vote leave. Still 51% voted out and I suppose we have to abide by the majority wishes; painful for some though!
I agree to an extent...but in your previous post, you'd clearly alluded to the fact that it wasn't a leap into the unknown!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2016, 15:05:53 pm »

The wanderings on this thread were caused by my musings in general about how far behind the Germans we seem to be.

Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2016, 20:13:21 pm »

He ought to give his missus a slap, she obviously put his Cobblers scarf in with the whites Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2016, 21:08:00 pm »

He ought to give his missus a slap, she obviously put his Cobblers scarf in with the whites Grin
Grin Surely Antoine De Caunes and Jean Paul Gautier follow! Who remembers Eurotrash?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2016, 00:03:13 am »

Season tickets are available to collect from the club from NEXT Wednesday........cutting it a bit fine!! 3000 season tickets to dish out 3 days before the first game!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2016, 06:08:47 am »

Grin Surely Antoine De Caunes and Jean Paul Gautier follow! Who remembers Eurotrash?  Grin
Ah Guillem Bauza. Who could forget?
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2016, 07:59:36 am »

To get back on thread, I was wondering how Sixfields prices compare with the rest of the division?

Purely by coincidence, I had exactly that conversation with Phil Andrews last night.  While the erstwhile Prem prima donnas are reportedly more expensive, I have now checked Swindon, Oxford, Pish, Walsall, Bury, Rochdale, Bristol Rovers, Southend.  All are at least £2 cheaper to buy a seat on the day than the Cobblers.  If you can and are happy to stand it's even cheaper - £13 at Rochdale (!), £17-18 more generally.  I cannot be bothered checking others, someone else can do that, but I have not found a single one so far where it costs more than £20 for a pay on the day seat.  I have checked Charlton, they are pricing the cheapest seats at £17 for our fixture (sounds like they are ripping us off then?). Bolton most expensive at £23.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2016, 08:15:22 am »

Purely by coincidence, I had exactly that conversation with Phil Andrews last night.  While the erstwhile Prem prima donnas are reportedly more expensive, I have now checked Swindon, Oxford, Pish, Walsall, Bury, Rochdale, Bristol Rovers, Southend.  All are at least £2 cheaper to buy a seat on the day than the Cobblers.  If you can and are happy to stand it's even cheaper - £13 at Rochdale (!), £17-18 more generally.  I cannot be bothered checking others, someone else can do that, but I have not found a single one so far where it costs more than £20 for a pay on the day seat.  I have checked Charlton, they are pricing the cheapest seats at £17 for our fixture (sounds like they are ripping us off then?). Bolton most expensive at £23.

The difference is over what percentage are they filling their grounds?
If the club had lots of spare capacity and were not anticipating selling the seats that we do have they could 'encourage' by charging less, currently they don't have to?
With tickets anticipated to be in short supply and most games near sell outs, the club are able to justify charging more.
£2 extra for a casual supporter isn't great deal though.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2016, 09:28:38 am »

£2 extra for a casual supporter isn't great deal though.

It might be if we struggle.  So why not apply the same rules of supply and demand as the airlines do (yield management)?  For example, midweek November at home to Oldham, a tenner to sit in the east, Easter Monday at home to Posh, £30? 
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2016, 09:35:24 am »

It might be if we struggle.  So why not apply the same rules of supply and demand as the airlines do (yield management)?  For example, midweek November at home to Oldham, a tenner to sit in the east, Easter Monday at home to Posh, £30? 

No, I meant that it "isn't a great deal" for the casual supporter
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
rodger

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2016, 17:53:15 pm »

Oldham Athletic Adult price £24 pay on the day. Charlton Athletic Adult price £23 pay on the day.
Report Spam   Logged
REDLETTER

we came,we saw,we conquered.N.t.f.c.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2016, 22:14:11 pm »

Give them time boys,maybe this season or next season we could have a swipe card,that you use as a season ticket.You can transfer money onto it and start saving for next seasons ticket.With the card get 10% Discount in club shop,bars food outlets etc .And discount with any club sponsors.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2016, 06:56:22 am »

Oldham Athletic Adult price £24 pay on the day. Charlton Athletic Adult price £23 pay on the day.

Oldham is £22 on matchday, £18 for a single advance purchase made before 5 pm the previous day (their online ticketing system shows slightly different prices to their earlier news release).  Charlton Athletic is £17 for a zone 5 matchday seat and £20 for zone 4 (most of the ground!) for a silver game, £20 matchday zone 5 for a gold game.   Our fixture is silver.  You shouldn't compare with the prices for us as away fans, as I said we appear to being ripped off.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: