The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 08:46:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Saturday 24th September - #SellOutSixfields

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday 24th September - #SellOutSixfields  (Read 4906 times)
Cobbler78

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2016, 10:10:25 am »

I always try to bring extra people to watch the Cobblers, but in general anyone who buys a ticket to an event does not do it out of sentiment unless it's a charity event, which a ticket to Sixfields is not. People are attracted by the quality of the football and the facilities on offer at the ground. Obviously when a side is on a winning run people will turn up in droves even if the facilities were awful (which they are not at Sixfields).

I see your point, but the comment below yours about just rounding up a group of mates/relatives/fairweather fans to encourage them that this will be a good game to attend can't be a bad thing. Support your local team, we have seen what us as a group of fans can achieve/contribute when our backs were against the wall last year, why no use that mentality to help build the club now. Fix the room while the sun is shining etc.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2016, 10:26:09 am »

To be fair my friends don't know who Kelvin Thomas is.

I have convinced them that their home town club has just gone 31 games unbeaten and is just about to go toe to toe with Man Utd and that we should get pissed up and go down saturday. (I am doing dry september, but the drinking bits the only lie Wink )

This is exactly the spirit. If we notice a significant increase in attendance it could be something the club build on on a monthly basis. Each month a designated "BringABuddy" type game stick an extra 1000 on the home attendance and who know, a few of them might become regulars. Surely it's worth a go.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2016, 12:05:02 pm »

This is exactly the spirit. If we notice a significant increase in attendance it could be something the club build on on a monthly basis. Each month a designated "BringABuddy" type game stick an extra 1000 on the home attendance and who know, a few of them might become regulars. Surely it's worth a go.

Its the old adage nothing ventured nothing gained!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2016, 07:30:39 am »

Apparently we sold about 500 of the package deals so that people could get a Man U ticket. That's why the West stand is sold out for Saturday. Fair play to the club for doing this.  Whether they all turn up or not is another question,
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2016, 11:34:29 am »

I'd be surprised if the gate wasn't nearer 6k than usual.

On the team selection side, Page would be foolish not to freshen it up after the exertion of last night. Expecting Anderson to start instead of Hoskins, and possibly a change in the middle of the pitch with either McCourt or Beautyman having a rest.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2016, 11:59:29 am »

I think it will be well over 6000 in just home fans if the West Stand (4000) is sold out already. I sent a message to KT last night congratulating him on the ticket policy. I didn't see any Man Utd fans in home areas and judging by the noise most fans seemed to be regulars. I also asked if the club could maybe push the #SellOutSixfields game this Saturday in the next couple of days now the Man Utd game is out of the way. Watch this space.
Report Spam   Logged
tonyg1611

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2016, 13:14:50 pm »

Apparently we sold about 500 of the package deals so that people could get a Man U ticket. That's why the West stand is sold out for Saturday. Fair play to the club for doing this.  Whether they all turn up or not is another question,

i have just been on ticket site and well over 400 tickets still available in the west alone !!!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2016, 21:53:56 pm »

i have just been on ticket site and well over 400 tickets still available in the west alone !!!

West Upper = 48
West Lower = 324
North = 120
East = 16 (but no option to buy tickets at either end of the East stand)
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2016, 22:22:55 pm »

I think it will be well over 6000 in just home fans if the West Stand (4000) is sold out already. I sent a message to KT last night congratulating him on the ticket policy. I didn't see any Man Utd fans in home areas and judging by the noise most fans seemed to be regulars. I also asked if the club could maybe push the #SellOutSixfields game this Saturday in the next couple of days now the Man Utd game is out of the way. Watch this space.
There was at least one in the North.
Made friends with one of the stewards who in turn made friends with one of his colleagues. Don't think he'll be back on Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2016, 10:46:33 am »

Final push for #SellOutSixfields. Who else is taking people along and how many?
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2016, 13:20:14 pm »

Are we counting Gorre as a spectator for this once to increase the attendance figure?
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2016, 09:22:32 am »

Highest home league attendance of the season. Great effort.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2016, 11:39:12 am »

Good effort. Maybe a few hundred extra on the attendance due to the Man Utd ticket sales.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2016, 11:46:44 am »

Highest home league attendance of the season. Great effort.

Yes good effort as you must have gotten a 100/200 extra "fans" there.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2016, 11:57:36 am »

Yes good effort as you must have gotten a 100/200 extra "fans" there.

A lot obviously from the Man Utd package tickets, will be interesting to see how it compares with B.Rovers without the #SellOutSixfields push to see if it really did make a difference.

A positive result Tuesday pushing us up the league, game being after payday for most and Rovers bringing more than Southend, we might even be pushing 7000. A huge positive as this time last year crowds we hovering around 4000.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2016, 12:08:01 pm »

We got a decent attendance without pushing the hashtag.

I'm not on Twitter so might have missed it but there was nothing on the Offy Site nor in the marketing email I got on Friday.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2016, 12:49:40 pm »

We got a decent attendance without pushing the hashtag.

I'm not on Twitter so might have missed it but there was nothing on the Offy Site nor in the marketing email I got on Friday.

Nothing done officially by the club. As for unofficially, as you say, you're not on Twitter, they did retweet the # a few times. It definitely had an impact, nobody will really know how much of an impact though. Next couple of games as a comparison might show the true impact.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 13:34:32 pm by Cobbler78 » Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2016, 13:00:46 pm »

having a week long advert all over the media did more I reckon. The club retweeting It is just preaching to the converted
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2016, 13:32:21 pm »

having a week long advert all over the media did more I reckon. The club retweeting It is just preaching to the converted

Not strictly true, preaching to the converted to encourage them to bring some of the as yet unconverted. Would be great if the club could get behind a scheme like this, involve the local rags, radio, TV as well as social media to pack out a designated game in October.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2016, 15:20:05 pm »

A 4-0 home win normally helps with the attendances. Follow that up with a decent result Tuesday and next Sat should be buoyant
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: