The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 22:09:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

MK Dons

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MK Dons  (Read 11509 times)
WasRambo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2016, 10:26:40 am »

Blimey, after a whole season with no boo boy, our supporters are absolutely gagging to make Gorre one.

I don't think anyone (on here) is making him a boo-boy. Pretty much everyone can see there's some potential but also pretty much everyone feels the frustration from a player who is either unable or unwilling to use everything  (that should be) in his armoury. The longer it goes on the worse it will become as he becomes even more predictable, if that's possible.

It's natural to point out a players shortcomings - it doesn't mean you're making them a boo boy. I could also add that Gorre is not keen on a tackle either and is a bit tardy at tracking back, preferring to watch the ball rather than the full back running behind him.

Languid or lazy - it's in the eye of the beholder I guess
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2016, 10:35:45 am »

Blimey, after a whole season with no boo boy, our supporters are absolutely gagging to make Gorre one.

It certainly seems that way to me.

I can understand the frustration, but the negativity is not helping him or the team. Revell was constantly encouraging hm, putting an arm round him when he did do things right yesterday.

Hopefully the adjustments he has to make won't take long.

Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2016, 10:41:35 am »

The player we were all raving about a year ago!
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 05, 2016, 10:50:13 am »

Gorre is lucky he is in a league with some semblance of technique and tippy tappy football cos he would get crucified at any lower level.

In his favour defences are terrified of him and back off like mad but how long before they work him out?

Nothing personal but he needs to stop giving up when he loses the ball. He needs to work much harder on tracking back. He also needs rapid progression on use of his left to take on a man and cross. Maybe he's worse on the right because it seems strange Page isn't playing him there.

I understand we sometimes scapegoat but these appear valid criticisms.

Report Spam   Logged
cobbler150

« Reply #184 on: September 05, 2016, 11:14:34 am »

I agree. He clearly want to do well, his celebration post WBA, wanting to take then pen etc. I thought their No2 looked scared of him. Final ball needs and will improve. Just give him time. Took Otoole a season to settle in!  Not everything is instant. Ive seen far worse in a teyn shirt.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #185 on: September 05, 2016, 11:38:12 am »

Valid criticisms is one thing. Screaming "GET HIM OFF PAGE" when we are winning 3-1 isn't exactly helpful.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #186 on: September 05, 2016, 11:54:57 am »

None of us want a boo boy, what we want is for all players to play to the best of their potential. Being so predictable and not tracking back means he is not doing this
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #187 on: September 05, 2016, 11:58:21 am »

Valid criticisms is one thing. Screaming "GET HIM OFF PAGE" when we are winning 3-1 isn't exactly helpful.

Stop screaming it then?
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #188 on: September 05, 2016, 12:03:44 pm »

Its early doors still but Goore is possibly the most frustrating player I've witnessed in a Cobblers shirt. Not because he's sh1t, far from it. I think he could be a cracking player. But somethings missing. And we all know what it is...so...

...FFS Mr Page, play him on the bloody right wing and see what happens!

As for the team performance, I thought we were excellent. Everything just seemed to click. Wycombe aside, thats the 3rd consecutive match (after WBA and Cov) where I've come away and thought we *could have a really decent season.

We also need to factor in that 2 of this seasons best 3 or 4 performers were not available.

But in summary. After 6 matches of the season we remain unbeaten and sit 11th in the table. And we've got Man UTD in round3 of the cup having knocked out both a champ club and a prem club. Quite honestly, I don't really get any of the negativity I've read, particularly on Twitter and FB. We are in a transitional period in a higher division with a new manager, I would say that things are overall very positive for us!
Report Spam   Logged
southeastcobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #189 on: September 05, 2016, 12:10:44 pm »

To me, Gorre almost looks scare to try beat his man going forward incase it goes wrong.. but also he seems so scared to use his left foot. At this level they should be competent enough to strike the ball with both feet. Whats the worst that could happen, make contact and see what happens rather than giving the ball away with out an attempt on goal.
Report Spam   Logged

** 31 UNDEFEATED **
WWWWWWWWWWDDWDWWDDDDWDWWDDDDDWW
NoFinerTown

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 05, 2016, 12:18:29 pm »

Vastly improved performance overall and some fantastic individual displays. Certainly gives hope that this set of players could be challenging at the right end of the table come the end of the season.

I do worry however what we will do in the event of a Revell injury, we'd be looking very light up top if he was missing for any length of time.

As others have said before I don't think fans are looking for a scapegoat in Gorre, but the frustration is entirely understandable. It's only intensified by the fact that he does seem to have something about him. He definitely needs support and nurture rather than abuse, however only he can take responsibility for his own work rate and making right decisions in the heat of the moment.

Do others think it likely we have an obligation to play him as part of the loan deal?
If not, I would bring JJOT back for Walsall and possibly shift Matty Tayls to the left side, keeping Anderson on the right. I certainly think Beautyman has made the case for keeping him central and a midfield pairing of McCourt and JJOT should be nothing if not solid.

Plenty of reasons to be positive - just hoping we stay injury free until Jan!
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 05, 2016, 12:27:39 pm »

To me, Gorre almost looks scare to try beat his man going forward incase it goes wrong.. but also he seems so scared to use his left foot. At this level they should be competent enough to strike the ball with both feet. Whats the worst that could happen, make contact and see what happens rather than giving the ball away with out an attempt on goal.

What's the worse that can happen??? A stadium full of people having a pop at it because it went wrong
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #192 on: September 05, 2016, 12:37:45 pm »

What's the worse that can happen??? A stadium full of people having a pop at it because it went wrong
He's got that now!! Matt Taylor's air shot shows that isnt the case. I'd rather he went outside the defender with a 20% success rate than inside with a 5% success rate (% made up for illustrative purposes!)
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2016, 13:08:49 pm »

I don't think anyone (on here) is making him a boo-boy. Pretty much everyone can see there's some potential but also pretty much everyone feels the frustration from a player who is either unable or unwilling to use everything  (that should be) in his armoury. The longer it goes on the worse it will become as he becomes even more predictable, if that's possible.

It's natural to point out a players shortcomings - it doesn't mean you're making them a boo boy. I could also add that Gorre is not keen on a tackle either and is a bit tardy at tracking back, preferring to watch the ball rather than the full back running behind him.

Languid or lazy - it's in the eye of the beholder I guess

Good point and I think illustrates what a lot of observers have observed - I'm certainly equally critical on the points being rationally aired but I would certainly not promote booing, get him off calls or anything on match day that is going to seriously undermine a players confidence. My biggest early concern was that he was perhaps displaying a "I'm too good for this level" attitude - but on more observation I think I was wrong and as others have pointed out it is probably more down to youthful inexperience. On the plus side he does have pace and defenders hate a player like that coming straight at them but for me over the next few games the overall work rate should improve and a little variation on the cutting in square option could make him a significant contributor.     
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2016, 13:13:24 pm »

Now I myself may not be at the peak of sartorial elegance but did anyone notice how horribly scruffy Winkleman was at the game - also accompanied by a gaggle of inappropriate dressed women - they even made Barry Fry look classy in his crisp blue suit...........
Report Spam   Logged
Revelling In It

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2016, 13:15:38 pm »

Previous poster and long time reader but felt compelled to rejoin to wade into the Gorre debate.  I think the fact that he is so one sided is the very fact Page plays him on the left.  If he was on the right he would be the easiest player to play against.  Show him down the line every time and then aim to cut out the cross or let him swing one on.  Goals scored from crosses are few and far between - I'm not talking about pull backs or passes along the floor but genuine crosses.  Teams would defend narrow and show him down the line.  A left back could create a body shape which only allows him to go in one direction as they'd know he was never going to cut inside.  Being on the left doesn't allow a defender to do that.  As the understanding on the left grows, if Buchs starts to overlap then we could have a great pairing on our hands.

Can see how people are frustrated that a winger doesn't get down the wing and whip in a cross but football has changed.  We seem to have this obsession with wing play and crosses in the UK that our continental counterparts don't understand.  The danger is through the middle - let someone play out wide if they want, the chances of conceding from it are limited.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2016, 13:47:29 pm »

You hardly ever saw Chris Hackett on the left wing. He knew his strengths and improved on them which made him almost unplayable (in the lower leagues) in his pomp for us, despite every man and their dog knowing exactly what he was going to do. I know they are different situations but to get into the Swansea team or the top flight which is clearly Gorré's aim, then he is going to have to work on his weaker foot. He reminds me of Toni Silva and he hasnt made it for exactly this reason.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #197 on: September 05, 2016, 14:16:06 pm »

If he was on the right he would be the easiest player to play against.  Show him down the line every time and then aim to cut out the cross or let him swing one on.

brilliant - possibly the worst sentence ever.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2016, 14:57:36 pm »

brilliant - possibly the worst sentence ever.

Why's that then, I thought it was a very valid point - better than a lot of the drivel on here.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #199 on: September 05, 2016, 15:16:52 pm »

Why's that then, I thought it was a very valid point - better than a lot of the drivel on here.

Suggesting that the best way to defend against a winger is to let them run past you and get a cross in because not many Goals are scored from crosses, is not a valid point.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: