The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 05:19:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Zander

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zander  (Read 4675 times)
cobbler150

Badges: (View All)
« on: September 04, 2016, 19:47:04 pm »

Whilst Revell, Taylor, Zakuani etc have rightly been getting the attention from us unfickle fans. Just wanted to mention Zander. Hes adjusted to league one better than most expected on here and played a massive part in making us soild at the back. Always puts in 100% and not looked out of place next to two very solid league 1 defenders.

Thats all
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 19:49:29 pm »

Whilst Revell, Taylor, Zakuani etc have rightly been getting the attention from us unfickle fans. Just wanted to mention Zander. Hes adjusted to league one better than most expected on here and played a massive part in making us soild at the back. Always puts in 100% and not looked out of place next to two very solid league 1 defenders.

Thats all
He arguably looks better in league one than in league two.
The better opposition players have bought out the best in him.
All in all a proper player
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler150

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 19:56:19 pm »

He arguably looks better in league one than in league two.
The better opposition players have bought out the best in him.
All in all a proper player

+1
Report Spam   Logged
Merry Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 20:26:07 pm »

There's only one Zander Diamond....
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 21:40:02 pm »

Zander has been the biggest surprise of the season for me. I really wasn't sure he'd cut it in League One but was so wrong. He's been outstanding  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 21:46:22 pm »

Two words to sum Zander up this season Consistently Good
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 09:12:09 am »

Zander has been the biggest surprise of the season for me. I really wasn't sure he'd cut it in League One but was so wrong. He's been outstanding  Cheesy

As with Concrete Rod last season, these are the occasions when we are delighted to be proved wrong. Considering his years of SPL and European matches, perhaps we shouldn't be surprised. He has played in competitive matches against the likes of Lokomotiv Moscow, Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 09:15:17 am by Rodney » Report Spam   Logged

After years of boredom, despair, resignation and misery, this is unbound joy.
brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 09:17:40 am »

Has he been ever present throughout THE THIRTY as well?
Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
cobbler150

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 09:25:41 am »

Has he been ever present throughout THE THIRTY as well?

Yep, bit of an unsung hero really
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 04:40:29 am by cobbler150 » Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 09:31:50 am »

He was an absolutely essential part of the side that miraculously avoided relegation as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Gaztop1

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 15:08:46 pm »

Zander is a great defender who reads the game well & is rarely outdone, some of the conments like he's not good enough for this league make me laugh. As a player he played over 200 games for Aberdeen in a far better league than this against better players.
Report Spam   Logged
andycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 15:13:41 pm »

Agree with all the above POS so far.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
guest2677

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 06:59:04 am »

He somehow seems fitter to me this season. Sharper and quicker.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 07:50:00 am »

Really impressed with Zander so far, has been a beast in the air but hasn't been beaten that often on the floor either.

Deffo an unsung hero so far.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2016, 08:11:03 am »

He rarely gets the plaudits from the fans.
Maybe the lads in the corner could lead the way with a chorus of
One zander diamond.

After all he is the only player left from the Oxford win that kept us in the league and he's been a pivotal figure in the championship season.

Credit where it's due IMO.
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 09:07:32 am »

What I like most about him is that he's actually quite a decent footballer too, unlike Cresswell. He's happy having the ball at his feet and can pick a pass too. Always a useful thing to have.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerTilIDie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 10:21:02 am »

I never doubted his ability, but there was a time not too long ago when he couldn't manage Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday football... thankfully those days are behind him and he is an ever present rock at the back. Between him, Smith, Brendan and Buchs we have maintained the solid base to our team from last season. Zaks is a perfect addition to the team also, with the experience, aerial ability and importantly the pace to really stand out in this division.

If JJOT can get back to the levels of last season I believe we are very close to having a very good League One side.
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 08:06:42 am »

I remember when I heard we'd signed a guy called Zander Diamond from Burton, I immediately imagined a dreadlocked Jamaican. Turns out he's like a photographic negative of that.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 07:07:23 am »

Still not as surprising as when Radio Northampton told me on the way home we had bought South African winger Alistair Slowe.
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 07:35:02 am »

Still not as surprising as when Radio Northampton told me on the way home we had bought South African winger Alistair Slowe.

http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2016/08/27/cyprus/1-division/anagennisi-fc-deryneia-/ac-omonia-nicosia/2270062/

Playing for a 1st Div Cypriot team. Still on the bench, somehow got a yellow card despite now coming on. Also playing in that match was Matt Derbyshire!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: