The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 11:43:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Magic of the Cup Thread (Harrow at home - Satdee)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Magic of the Cup Thread (Harrow at home - Satdee)  (Read 14623 times)
harrowboy

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: October 21, 2016, 10:02:59 am »

Hi guys,

A Harrow Borough fan here. Our fans are really looking forward to our FA Cup tie in a few weeks. Could some of you cobblers please tell us the best places to drink/eat in the town of Northampton and any other recommendations for our day out there? We are a small friendly bunch of fans who are happy to mingle with you in your best pubs! Some of us will be coming by coach and some by train. Understand its about a 2 mile walk from the station so any pubs along the way to stop off at would be helpful!

We will happily do the same for you guys should we somehow manage to take the tie to a replay!

If you have any questions about Boro', then just ask.

Cheers.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 10:16:38 am »

Are you any good?

We could do with giving a 5 - 0 hammering to get some confidence back.

I know I could research this myself, but what league are you in and what tier is it?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Matthew Rush

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 10:48:00 am »

Hi guys,

A Harrow Borough fan here. Our fans are really looking forward to our FA Cup tie in a few weeks. Could some of you cobblers please tell us the best places to drink/eat in the town of Northampton and any other recommendations for our day out there? We are a small friendly bunch of fans who are happy to mingle with you in your best pubs! Some of us will be coming by coach and some by train. Understand its about a 2 mile walk from the station so any pubs along the way to stop off at would be helpful!

We will happily do the same for you guys should we somehow manage to take the tie to a replay!

If you have any questions about Boro', then just ask.

Cheers.

You've got the Black Lion to the left as you come out of the station and then turning right towards Sixfields you've got the Becket, Foundry and Sevens at 5 minute walking intervals en route to the ground. It's a pretty handy pub crawl actually.
Report Spam   Logged
Sid

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 10:51:52 am »

Also think Carrs Bar under the main stand (to the right of main entrance, can't miss the sign) will probably admit away fans for this one.

Loads of restaurants on Sixfields itself. TGI's, Frankie & Bennys, Chiquitos. Loads of choice, but the pub crawl from the station is always appealing.
Report Spam   Logged

Cobblers Fans Team Skipper and forever NTFC.

"Ooooohhh Abdul Osman, He's got a big coc...." hhmm?? What d'ya mean they aren't the words?? Grin
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 10:52:30 am »

I am an old Harrovian - must be a few old boys in your side?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 10:56:59 am »

Don't put yourselves down. You might start as favorites come kick off day.
Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

defender

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 11:00:17 am »

Don't put yourselves down. You might start as favorites come kick off day.
               Grin Grin Grin Very apt.
Report Spam   Logged
Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 11:17:41 am »

This short you tube video by Andy Hardy shows you what you can expect from the area in and around Sixfields.

He might not be in attendance himself with his lovely (if a little worried looking) dog though  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

harrowboy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 14:30:45 pm »

Are you any good?

We could do with giving a 5 - 0 hammering to get some confidence back.

I know I could research this myself, but what league are you in and what tier is it?

We are your bog standard Isthmian Premier League (Ryman Premier) side. We have been in the division without a promotion or relegation since 1979! We did win the division in 1984 but were not promoted. The league is 4 levels below yourselves and is regionalised to the south east part of the country (mainly London, Kent and Sussex).

We normally finish in the lower half of the table and rarely get this far in the FA Cup. This is our 4th time in the 1st Round, losing out to Wycombe Wanderers (2000), Chesterfield (2010) but also beating Yeovil Town (1983) as we managed to get to the 2nd round for the only time in our history, losing to Newport County.

We have scored 13 goals in our 5 FA Cup games this season which is more than our lowly 9 in 11 league games. Our top scorer is Ibrahim Meite, who recently as two weeks ago has been training with Leicester City, as they are apparently after the next Jamie Vardy. All of our players are part-time but in the past we have had a number of players who went onto play in the Football League after playing for us. The most notable are;

Chris Hutchings (Chelsea),
John Kerr (Portsmouth),
Eddie Stein (Barnet),
Robert Rosario (Norwich C.),
David Kemp (Crystal Palace),
Mick Doherty (Reading),
Dave Bassett (Wimbledon),
Gary Borthwick (Bournemouth),
Paul Barrowcliff (Brentford),
Daryl Murphy (Sunderland, Ipswich Town),
Marcus Richardson (Cambridge United),
Danny Blanchett (Peterborough United, Burton Albion)
Albert Adomah (Barnet, Bristol City, Middlesbrough)
Charlie Wassmer (Crawley Town)
Robin Shroot (Birmingham City,Stevenage),
Troy Hewitt (QPR, Walsall)
James Shea (Wimbledon).

I do believe your midfielder John Joe O'Toole was born and raised in Harrow.

Report Spam   Logged
harrowboy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 14:33:24 pm »

Thanks for all of the pub recommendations, food info and the video link too. All is appreciated and will be passed on to our fans forum/facebook etc. Keep them coming if there is more!
Report Spam   Logged
spqr

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 14:59:29 pm »

We are your bog standard Isthmian Premier League (Ryman Premier) side. We have been in the division without a promotion or relegation since 1979! We did win the division in 1984 but were not promoted. The league is 4 levels below yourselves and is regionalised to the south east part of the country (mainly London, Kent and Sussex).

We normally finish in the lower half of the table and rarely get this far in the FA Cup. This is our 4th time in the 1st Round, losing out to Wycombe Wanderers (2000), Chesterfield (2010) but also beating Yeovil Town (1983) as we managed to get to the 2nd round for the only time in our history, losing to Newport County.

We have scored 13 goals in our 5 FA Cup games this season which is more than our lowly 9 in 11 league games. Our top scorer is Ibrahim Meite, who recently as two weeks ago has been training with Leicester City, as they are apparently after the next Jamie Vardy. All of our players are part-time but in the past we have had a number of players who went onto play in the Football League after playing for us. The most notable are;

Chris Hutchings (Chelsea),
John Kerr (Portsmouth),
Eddie Stein (Barnet),
Robert Rosario (Norwich C.),
David Kemp (Crystal Palace),
Mick Doherty (Reading),
Dave Bassett (Wimbledon),
Gary Borthwick (Bournemouth),
Paul Barrowcliff (Brentford),
Daryl Murphy (Sunderland, Ipswich Town),
Marcus Richardson (Cambridge United),
Danny Blanchett (Peterborough United, Burton Albion)
Albert Adomah (Barnet, Bristol City, Middlesbrough)
Charlie Wassmer (Crawley Town)
Robin Shroot (Birmingham City,Stevenage),
Troy Hewitt (QPR, Walsall)
James Shea (Wimbledon).

I do believe your midfielder John Joe O'Toole was born and raised in Harrow.

Didn't Pat Gavin play for you at some point after being released by the Cobblers?
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 15:10:47 pm »

This short you tube video by Andy Hardy shows you what you can expect from the area in and around Sixfields.

He might not be in attendance himself with his lovely (if a little worried looking) dog though  Grin

Bizarre ......... I could have sworn at one point I saw a fleeting, subliminal image of Sixfields, as in the football stadium.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 15:40:47 pm »

The Market Tavern on Fish Street, then the Albion Brewery at the bottom of Bridge Street for a taste of Northampton.

Taxi to the Sevens, 5 mins walk from Sixfields then the Walter Tull at Sixfields. That should do you.

Our own John-Joe O'Toole is from Harrow.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 15:46:13 pm »

Bizarre ......... I could have sworn at one point I saw a fleeting, subliminal image of Sixfields, as in the football stadium.

Ken Burns has a lot to answer for.
Report Spam   Logged
swindonclaret

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2016, 15:53:17 pm »

Hope we get a replay, it'll probably be the closest we get to Wembley this season  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 18:19:26 pm »

Sevens is in the middle of the train station and the football ground. Decent bar with sports on TV, plenty of indoor/outdoor seating and has a kitchen selling decent burgers (a couple other choices, but mostly burgers!).
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 19:15:34 pm »

You've got the Black Lion to the left as you come out of the station and then turning right towards Sixfields you've got the Becket, Foundry and Sevens at 5 minute walking intervals en route to the ground. It's a pretty handy pub crawl actually.

I've lived in Northampton all my life and frequented most of the pubs in town at some point or other and yet somehow I've never been in the Black Lion, the Thomas A Becket or the Foundry. I have been in the Sevens though. Once, for a burger in the Frank's concession in there!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 19:35:26 pm »

Hope we get a replay, it'll probably be the closest we get to Wembley this season  Wink
They don't play in Harrow...nearer to Ruislip I think!
Report Spam   Logged
Lanakings

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 19:38:36 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 19:44:59 pm »

Sevens is in the middle of the train station and the football ground. Decent bar with sports on TV, plenty of indoor/outdoor seating and has a kitchen selling decent burgers (a couple other choices, but mostly burgers!).
Hardly middle tbf! The Rover (Sevens) is a 7-10 min walk to Sixfields and Walter Tull max. The station is a 15-20 min walk from said pub!
Thomas a Becket easily best pub on the Weedon Rd (imo). Out of the station Harrow, turn right (towards Sixfields). First pub you come to after a 3-5 min walk. Good choice of real ales, SKY TV and outside pub, any Daventry bound bus from bus stop will take you straight to Sixfields...or the rest of the pubs and a 20 min walk.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: