The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 02:34:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Magic of the Cup Thread (Harrow at home - Satdee)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Magic of the Cup Thread (Harrow at home - Satdee)  (Read 14622 times)
the grumpy old man

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Signature 1000 Posts Combination
« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2016, 08:41:12 am »

Hooper admitted on Radio Northampton after the game he handballed it. I couldn't see it from where I was though.

I have to say I thought their number 7 had a good game.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End Grand National sweepstake winner 2024
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2016, 08:58:27 am »

Well that's the way to deal with the underdog isn't it?
Have to say that I really don't care for underdogs with their array of plumbers, bank clerks and even milk maids (see Football Focus yesterday) and I like them to be put in their place. And that was emphatic.
Of course when we are the underdogs v Premier League opposition, it's a whole different ball game  Wink
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 19:24:56 pm by pattcobb » Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2016, 09:50:57 am »

I wish people will get off hoopers back for once Roll Eyes

He did OK  certainly better than Anderson - some of Hoopers passing was good.
Beginning to like Hooper!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
sixfields starling

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #223 on: November 06, 2016, 10:07:57 am »

I personally like Anderson ,  getting better every game and scores. Can't really grumble at that.

Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 06, 2016, 10:18:03 am »

I'm sorry I was absent yesterday, I spent the time with me younger Son in Lister hospital,  He got something under his thumb nail AT WORK they could not get it out, so they had to remoVe his nail and cut the side of his Thumb to drain out the poison, He's home now, but in a lot of pain and full of anti-biotics, but I Kept up to date on the mighty COBBLERS.
                                          COME ON COBBLERS!!
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2016, 11:46:11 am »

I personally like Anderson ,  getting better every game and scores. Can't really grumble at that.

Anderson is a funny player. He has had some moments of real quality - the piledriving finish yesterday, the turn and assist against Swindon etc - but he's a bit of a passenger in some games. Besides his excellent goal, I'm not convinced that he had much of an impact on the game yesterday and some of his passing was pretty wayward. Is he better than Nicky Adams when it comes to contributing assists? Time will tell.

For me, the attacking trio behind the striker is the one area of the team which needs further improvement. Hoskins is thriving in the free role behind the striker and is showing glimpses of developing a Ricky-Holmes-esque ability to carry the ball at speed and drive into the box. His range of passing was good yesterday and he slipped through some quality balls for the full backs on the overlap, before supplying the killer ball over the top for Revell to set up the third. IMO he's definitely the best of the three at the moment, but he needs to improve his finishing if he's truly going to take over Holmes' mantle. The shot against the bar yesterday suggested that he's not far off.

Hooper is doing about as well as can be expected considering he's a centre forward being played as an attacking midfielder. His decision making and defensive commitment is probably slightly better than Gorre's, which is why he's worth his place at the moment. However, I would say that he lacks the range of passing and crossing ability needed to be a long term fixture in that position. Could he develop these skills in time? Possibly.

For me, we still need to sign a Dean Cox type in the January window. James Armson at Brackley is getting rave reviews and might be an option if we're willing to spend a little bit of money.

Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #226 on: November 06, 2016, 12:04:22 pm »

Anderson seems a bit like Aaron Davies when he first arrived, came from playing in the championship and ended up scoring goals but not much else. As its League One rather than League Two, it doesn't seem as noticable. Thats not a criticism really, I like him.

On the Armson front. I think he's had the chance to move up divisions but seems to move around part time clubs, due to location perhaps/friends? Still he seemed a step above when I used to see him play at Nuneaton
Report Spam   Logged
Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: November 06, 2016, 12:11:45 pm »

He did OK  certainly better than Anderson - some of Hoopers passing was good.
Beginning to like Hooper!

Don't you like men with beards or something?

The lad has 5 goals now, he's is our third highest goal scorer behind Revell 8 and Richards on 6.

Hooper has 1 that was handled towards the net. Hooper had a poor first half yesterday but improved as Harrow tired.

Agree with many on here that the Harrow number 7 looked tidy in possession and distributed the ball well.
Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: November 06, 2016, 12:18:39 pm »

Some good goals in round 1  Tongue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37886167

and a match report from Harrow..

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/harrowborough/teams/60083/match-centre/2-38436
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 12:36:45 pm by Ormen » Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #229 on: November 06, 2016, 13:38:37 pm »

Hooper was terrible yesterday!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Kingsthorpe Cobbler

« Reply #230 on: November 06, 2016, 13:57:32 pm »

Hooper admitted on Radio Northampton after the game he handballed it. I couldn't see it from where I was though.

I have to say I thought their number 7 had a good game.

Yeah, Michael Bryan has football league pedigree at Watford and on loan at Bradford City. Also, has two International caps for Northern Ireland in 2010.

He is still only 26, but quite clearly has lost his way big time to be playing at the level Harrow play at.   
Report Spam   Logged
Benji

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 06, 2016, 15:52:10 pm »

Yeah, Michael Bryan has football league pedigree at Watford and on loan at Bradford City. Also, has two International caps for Northern Ireland in 2010.

He is still only 26, but quite clearly has lost his way big time to be playing at the level Harrow play at.   

Apparently was on trial with us in 2012 after leaving Watford, was an unused substitute in a friendly against Derby and ended up at Brackley.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #232 on: November 06, 2016, 17:06:06 pm »

Hooper was terrible yesterday!

Yes he was
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 06, 2016, 17:56:11 pm »

Yes he was

Not awful - not great either. He is only awful to those who have made their minds up, you know no lateral thinking. Having witnessed two decent displays displays at Salop and Skunthorpe am quite prepared to see how he goes during Nov and Dec before taking a similar prejudicial stance as some do on here.
Report Spam   Logged

Benji

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 06, 2016, 18:18:56 pm »

Hooper is not a winger/wide attacker he's doing an OK fill in job in position we are very short in. I don't know what the answer is, Beautyman and Hoskins also look ineffective when played out of position in that role while Gorre hasn't really cut is so far either. I think it's a case of making do until the transfer window when a replacement should be a priority.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #235 on: November 06, 2016, 18:32:12 pm »

Not awful - not great either. He is only awful to those who have made their minds up, you know no lateral thinking. Having witnessed two decent displays displays at Salop and Skunthorpe am quite prepared to see how he goes during Nov and Dec before taking a similar prejudicial stance as some do on here.
No, he was awful to those that watched him. I thought he might find his level against Harrow but no. It seems he still needs to keep digging.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 06, 2016, 18:57:19 pm »

....and a match report from Harrow..
Thanks Fly....
[/quote]

Anybody who says this about a Northampton team deserves a big thank you!

"But it was a hammering by a truly classy side who were just too good for a Harrow team who never stopped running and whose heads never dropped."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 19:03:31 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #237 on: November 06, 2016, 19:07:24 pm »

He was poor v scunny, thats my opinion, and my opinion hes not good enough
Report Spam   Logged
Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: November 06, 2016, 19:48:59 pm »

Please apply the same logic to Anderson then evers.

The Chroney gave him an 8 

"Paul Anderson - Stunning strike got Cobblers up and running and that set the tone. Involved in plenty of Northampton’s good play... 8"

Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: November 06, 2016, 19:50:49 pm »

....and a match report from Harrow..
Thanks Fly....

Anybody who says this about a Northampton team deserves a big thank you!

"But it was a hammering by a truly classy side who were just too good for a Harrow team who never stopped running and whose heads never dropped."

Your welcome.   Quite a fair and balanced report.
Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: