The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:01:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bury the Shakers.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bury the Shakers.  (Read 13755 times)
WasRambo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2016, 16:09:38 pm »

Plymuff in 17th minute of added on time.... should have held my nerve but our lads gave me the jitters!
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2016, 16:22:50 pm »

When I saw 6 mins added I started the ironing waiting for their 3rd. Fair play we held on and got the 3 pts.

Please don't do that again Cobblers it was horrible.

Hopefully we'll take care of Harrow next week.

Our next league game in Gilly away 12th Nov seems a mile off.

Cool
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2016, 18:05:56 pm »

First half hour, no entertainment.
Last half hour, too much entertainment.

Sad to see the Bury fans fighting each other. Generally a nice bunch but I suppose tensions were running high when they could see yet another loss on the way.

Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

guest47

« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2016, 19:36:55 pm »

Good to see Grayson Perry helping out at The Cobblers today

Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2016, 19:42:06 pm »

Abysmal defending for their two goals. I think Smith has lost confidence and this is affecting the defending as a unit.

Other than that, totally dominated and should have scored even more.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2016, 19:59:58 pm »

Taylor proved yet again how important he has become for us - in tight scrappy games, which the first half hour or so was, his set pieces are worth their weight in gold. If fit he is an automatic choice and the other midfield place is between McCourt and o'toole. I agree with the views of Hoskins - the last few weeks has been like signing a new player (reminiscent of Ricky Holmes last season) and long may it continue, all he needs is a more consistent end product. I also intend to agree about smith - if you watch him he seems edgy and keeps coming and stopping which may be a hangover from the united match.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2016, 20:49:35 pm »

First half hour, no entertainment.
Last half hour, too much entertainment.

Sad to see the Bury fans fighting each other. Generally a nice bunch but I suppose tensions were running high when they could see yet another loss on the way.

Fans copying their players fighting amongst themselves whilst waiting for the penalty to be taken...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2016, 20:58:41 pm »

Highlights.....

http://www.skysports.com/efl/championship/video/10637740/northampton-3-2-bury
Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2016, 21:15:13 pm »

Good to see Grayson Perry helping out at The Cobblers today

It will be interesting to learn how you arrived at this ; let alone how and why. Some of us may know that this cross dresser draws inspiration from emotional experiences so not sure how this ex Grammar School boy gets onto the managers area? Good try tho'!

ps wrong coloured area too!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 21:26:32 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest47

« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2016, 21:31:18 pm »

It will be interesting to learn how you arrived at this ; let alone how and why. Some of us may know that this cross dresser draws inspiration from emotional experiences so not sure how this ex Grammar School boy gets onto the managers area? Good try tho'!

ps wrong coloured area too!

It was the bobby socks.
Report Spam   Logged
Fred_NTFC

View Profile
Level 6 1000 Posts Search
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2016, 22:01:54 pm »

Smith is flapping at everything he would have calmly caught last season, not sure how much influence Paddy Kenny has had but he's making some utterly ridiculous punches for no apparent reason.

Diamond also was roasted at times for pace toward the though I thought Zakuani was the one calmness at the back towards the end. Would still like to see Rod involved personally but hey-ho.

If Hoskins had learnt to finish it would have been a cricket score out there. Great to see Rico looking injury-free again, he is such a model professional & looked more like the player we know today.
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2016, 22:11:12 pm »

Some of us may know that this cross dresser draws inspiration from emotional experiences
Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2016, 23:42:45 pm »

Your the only bell end on this website
Grin so brave from your bedroom
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
defender

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2016, 06:53:48 am »

Abysmal defending for their two goals. I think Smith has lost confidence and this is affecting the defending as a unit.

Other than that, totally dominated and should have scored even more.

Agreed, We were so tight in that dept early in the season, but we seem to be a bit 'gun ho' recently and we will pay the price if we don't sort it out soon. A full backs primary job is to defend, not to go charging forward and get caught to far up the pitch, which makes us very exposed to counter attacking football.
Report Spam   Logged
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2016, 08:10:05 am »

Agreed, We were so tight in that dept early in the season, but we seem to be a bit 'gun ho' recently and we will pay the price if we don't sort it out soon. A full backs primary job is to defend, not to go charging forward and get caught to far up the pitch, which makes us very exposed to counter attacking football.
Well said defender.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2016, 11:27:59 am »

But we are  now the leagues 2nd top scorers which is a result of the attacking full backs.
You wouldn't want to hold Malony back from how he played the most of yesterday .
7 goals scored in the last 2 games 4 conceded. ..If we could stop shipping the odd goal without major changes would be nice.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2016, 11:51:03 am »

Agree with Beds. An important part of the system with only one up top is attacking full backs able to put the ball into the box.  The 2 goals we conceded yesterday were not due to the backs being out of position. Lee Harper wisely said on the radio that the defensive problem yesterday was due to Taylor & McCourt dropping too deep and in doing so giving Bury time & space to attack. 
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2016, 11:53:59 am »

That game was mental. We should have scored 10, which just makes it more confusing as to how Bury could feel hard done by with not getting the equalizer.

I like both Hooper and Hoskins contributions, but boy oh boy do they need to learn how to finish.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2016, 11:59:08 am »

Hoskins has been a revelation since being given a free role behind the striker but for a forward his finishing is consistently poor and he badly needs to work on this. I didn't think JJH contributed much yesterday but like Hoskins he is a work-in-progress. Some tough matches coming up in the league so the points were very welcome.
Report Spam   Logged
Aitobs

View Profile
500 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2016, 12:14:30 pm »

I don't understand all the Hoskins love.

As far as I can see, we've got a winger who can't finish to save his life.

Yes, he's got some good skills and can be creative, but he has a complete inability to score goals from the chances he creates. He's had 19 appearances for Town this season and scored just 1 goal. For a winger, that just isn't good enough.

If a bit of fancy footwork and a couple of good crosses is all it takes to impress Cobblers fans these days into calling you "the new Ricky Holmes", then we really are in the wilderness.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: