The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:33:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Cost of supporting the Cobblers

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cost of supporting the Cobblers  (Read 1076 times)
guest170

Badges: (View All)
« on: November 17, 2016, 15:10:36 pm »

Actual stats to some of the speculation on here about cost of supporting the Cobblers

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37988939

Key points...
The cheapest match day ticket is 19% above the league average.
The most expensive Northampton Town match day ticket is 7% below the league average.
The cheapest Northampton Town season ticket is 12% below the league average.
The most expensive Northampton Town season ticket is 3% above the league average.

The most damning fact though is that a Pie is 15p more on average. Thats a whopping £3.90 per season!
A cup of tea is 35p above average, a massive £9.10 for the season. So a pie and tea will set you back £13 over the season! Shocking
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 15:25:00 pm »

A cup of tea is 35p above average, a massive £9.10 for the season.

At the Gillingham game on Saturday Brian (Umbrella man) consumed 5 pints of beer prior to 3pm. Hate to think what his Saturday's expenses come to.
Regarding tea and pie costs I always bring a flask of tea and sandwiches both H & A games.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 15:53:11 pm »

I have an old gits season ticket so it costs me a lot less. I also manage to survive between lunch and evening meal without eating pies. The beer is a bit expensive but its the same in other entertainment venues.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 18:49:35 pm »

Prices on anything only come down if people stop buying. Our catering in the serving points is crap but it will continue to be so unless people stop buying it. That's how it works.
The matchday experience, though, for those who buy the corporate catering is excellent from start to finish - at least on the 4 occasions when I've purchased it, it has been. Tom does a great job with entertainment and the stadium tour etc. and the menu and service is good.
In the end it's the old adage of 'the market decides'. If people perceive value they will come back and spend again.
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 19:14:51 pm »

I worry more about the emotional cost rather than financial.
A bad result can ruin a weekend for me.
Report Spam   Logged
Baby Bear

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 19:49:52 pm »

At the Gillingham game on Saturday Brian (Umbrella man) consumed 5 pints of beer prior to 3pm. Hate to think what his Saturday's expenses come to.
Regarding tea and pie costs I always bring a flask of tea and sandwiches both H & A games.

Your breaking the rules then sunshine.
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 21:50:42 pm »

I am with evers on this. I always take my own food and drinks. Jelly babies for a treat.
Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 07:46:21 am »

A couple of times, when held up by traffic so not able to visit my usual pre match eatery, I had a burger at the stall next to the ticket cabin, however the new log cabin has increased the price to an extent that prevents me from continuing to do so.  Priced themselves out of my occasional custom.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 10:27:26 am »

I find NTFC pretty reasonable value.

£380 season ticket = £16.52 per game for a good seat in the West Stand.

£3 per programme. I find the programme itself a decent read and the price is in line with every other club in this league and the one below, I believe.

I only ever drink a hot drink, which are a bit pricey but it's an entertainment venue.

No interest in eating unhealthy junk food so I don't eat at football grounds unless I have to.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 17:08:28 pm »

Never understood when these types of surveys come out and say "it's more expensive for a cup of tea at Macclesfield than it is at Manchester united" it's a cup of tea. Why should it be cheaper at a lower league club?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 17:18:53 pm »

A couple of times, when held up by traffic so not able to visit my usual pre match eatery, I had a burger at the stall next to the ticket cabin, however the new log cabin has increased the price to an extent that prevents me from continuing to do so.  Priced themselves out of my occasional custom.

That burger place is now located in the fans village behind the North Stand
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 19:14:14 pm »

I worry more about the emotional cost rather than financial.
A bad result can ruin a weekend for me.

This although my life has generally gained a wider perspective as I have got older.

It does work the other way as well though as last season showed.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 19:47:17 pm »

Your sanity
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2016, 22:18:57 pm »

Isn't it about time someone multiplied the costs by four to show how much it is for a family?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2016, 23:45:32 pm »

That burger place is now located in the fans village behind the North Stand

Wasn't aware of that, haven't used the fans village...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2016, 11:02:22 am »

Wasn't aware of that, haven't used the fans village...

It's alright, worry a look.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: