The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:15:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Who's right Page or Harper?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's right Page or Harper?  (Read 4415 times)
guest2677

Badges: (View All)
« on: November 26, 2016, 16:31:52 pm »

In interview after today's game Page reckoned we were the better side first half, Lee Harper disagreed.
So is Page right, deluded or just plain stupid?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 16:34:26 pm »

They were the better side, didn't need to get out of second gear. They have a decent performance with the minimum of fuss and effort.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 16:38:09 pm »

In interview after today's game Page reckoned we were the better side first half, Lee Harper disagreed.
So is Page right, deluded or just plain stupid?

Maybe he doesnt actually think or realise what he is saying, hence the clichés.
Report Spam   Logged
tuks

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 16:40:26 pm »

GPC. They were the better side - first half. Overall a draw would have been fair. We dominated the second half without quite getting the rub of the green.

Having bossed us first half Clough didn't have a kick second half. How many saves did Cornell have to make?

Summary - far far better today than the previous few games.
Report Spam   Logged
Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 16:47:05 pm »

Bolton edged the first half, we bossed the second.
Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 16:48:27 pm »

Bolton dominated first 30, bit more even towards the end of the first half.

Almost total Cobblers domination second half.

Page's subs were well timed and changed the game.

He's learning!
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 16:51:24 pm »

Agree with previous posts, they bossed the first half with Page's unambitious one up front allowing them the freedom of Sixfields.  Second half we were the better team and desperately unlucky not to have come away with a point.  Had JJOT's goal not been disallowed, I am convinced we'd have gone on to win it.  We look much better 4-4-2 (or 4-2-4 when we're attacking).  Buchanan had a barnstormer today, my MoTM.  
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 17:02:58 pm »

Easily pleased?? Second half was obviously better for us, we did put them under a bit of pressure, but I don't think we dominated and we certainly didn't create a glut of chances. Apart from Taylors near post effort, how many times did they keeper have to make a save or claim a cross even?

The obvious lack of quality in certain areas shines through....Revell has reverted to type after a decent start for us, Richards no longer produces the goods. Midfield are all much of a muchness and mostly the same type of player. We don't have a player who can change a game IMO, although I thought that Potter had a decent cameo today. Phillips was ok too I thought, and Buchs had his usual good game. Which leaves me to believe that Buchanan is the only player in our team that I would hate to be without......the rest are all pretty average and replaceable.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 19:35:43 pm »

GPC. They were the better side - first half. Overall a draw would have been fair. We dominated the second half without quite getting the rub of the green.

Having bossed us first half Clough didn't have a kick second half. How many saves did Cornell have to make?

Summary - far far better today than the previous few games.

They looked the better side for most of the 1st half without over-working our defense. Towards end of 1st half we started to come more into the game. Second half was nearly all one way in our favour and our "goal"  looked ok to me; who was deemed to be offside? Thought that Phillips played ok. The subs particularly JJOT worked. Pushing Hoskins out wide worked too - his speed and directness trouble BW thru' out the half. Revell played well winning a lot off ball. Anderson showed up well at times, lacks speed and directness and does go awol during the game. Defense ok with the two centre halfs blotting out their forwards - both looked very secure indeed. At the end of the day BW got away with it, for a start that Gorre pass for somebody hitting the post as that should have been a goaL. Also Revell inches away from a splendid Taylor long ball. Athough they played well 2nd half the result was the same. So for me the jury's out on Page but after that performance he deserves another chance,  MOM JJOT for me but Hoskins display on the wing was one in the eye for the experts on here.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 22:05:00 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 20:16:44 pm »

Hoskins display on the wing was one in the eye for the experts on here.

I have said for weeks that we need to play Hoskins as winger, because one thing is for certain, he's no f**king striker.  I goal in 40 games.  I love his energy and directness, and he put in some cracking crosses second half today, but he lacks the guile demonstrated by Zak Clough to be even a 10 goal a season striker.  As for Anderson, the only other person to command such a regular starting shirt is Clarence the Dragon.  Frankly, I'd prefer Clarence to be wearing the number 4.   
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 20:29:56 pm »

Talking of radio Northampton where did the new presenter suddenly appear from - they certainly have a high turnover of staff
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 20:32:25 pm »

Talking of radio Northampton where did the new presenter suddenly appear from - they certainly have a high turnover of staff

I suspect she'll be moving on soon too. She's bloody awful!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 20:38:46 pm »

I didn't want to mention that in case I sounded sexist but I agree entirely!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 20:45:02 pm »

Easily pleased?? Second half was obviously better for us, we did put them under a bit of pressure, but I don't think we dominated and we certainly didn't create a glut of chances. Apart from Taylors near post effort, how many times did they keeper have to make a save or claim a cross even?

The obvious lack of quality in certain areas shines through....Revell has reverted to type after a decent start for us, Richards no longer produces the goods. Midfield are all much of a muchness and mostly the same type of player. We don't have a player who can change a game IMO, although I thought that Potter had a decent cameo today. Phillips was ok too I thought, and Buchs had his usual good game. Which leaves me to believe that Buchanan is the only player in our team that I would hate to be without......the rest are all pretty average and replaceable.

As usual you and I were at a different game ! Why ? How many times did our goalie have to make a save? JJOT when he came on transformed our midfield imo he was the best midfielder on the pitch. Also As that eloquent commentator Mr Harper remarked JJOT will be missed at Stourbridge - he was right. Revell did better today won quite a bit of ball and used it quite well. When you compare him with their centre forward who I thought was a big lazy lump.Finally that 2nd half side worked today I hope Page can stick with it at least up until January.
Report Spam   Logged

guest47

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 20:48:20 pm »

.Also As that eloquent commentator Mr Harper remarked JJOT will be missed at Stourbridge - he was right.

if today's substitute, JJOT, wil be missed against a team 4 divisions below us then our squad is not fit for League One
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2016, 21:09:29 pm »

We should have a thread called "Caroline's Clangers".  Here are just five from earlier today:  "Kettering got a draw today: Kettering Town 1, Dorchester 0".  "So JJOT is banned...is that a change in the rules?"  "I called David Ripley a former England cricketer - he told me he never played for England".  "First half at Bradford, you were great"...really, Caroline?  Tim Oglethorpe must be cursing the BBC's D&I agenda.  "Brackley.....um....they....um....drew with Dorchester Town".  She and that rugby loving bozo, Carsten Wishart. are a pair of bumbling, blithering idiots.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 21:23:01 pm »

I didn't want to mention that in case I sounded sexist but I agree entirely!

I think Sky have had many knowledgeable female presenters over the years, as have Five Live. It's nowt to do with her gender and everything to do with the fact she doesn't know what she's talking about!

I was about to list a few examples but Insider has kindly done it for me ^^^. Grin

Oh, and also the desperate-to-sound-matey thing she does of calling Lee Harper "Harps" all the while really grates...
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 21:23:49 pm »

We should have a thread called "Caroline's Clangers".  Here are just five from earlier today:  "Kettering got a draw today: Kettering Town 1, Dorchester 0".  "So JJOT is banned...is that a change in the rules?"  "I called David Ripley a former England cricketer - he told me he never played for England".  "First half at Bradford, you were great"...really, Caroline?  Tim Oglethorpe must be cursing the BBC's D&I agenda.  "Brackley.....um....they....um....drew with Dorchester Town".  She and that rugby loving bozo, Carsten Wishart. are a pair of bumbling, blithering idiots.

Grin indeed! The whole station needs a shake up,Oglethorpe must be retiring soon too?
Report Spam   Logged
Kingsthorpe Cobbler

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2016, 21:39:54 pm »

Give her a chance, she's only just started in the job.

Joe Townsend wasn't very good when he first started, then improved with time.

She has worked in radio before at BBC Bristol, supports Plymouth Argyle apparently.

I'm sure in time she will be fine.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2016, 22:08:21 pm »

I think you should be HE official go between with KT.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: