The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 06:47:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Dale @ Home Dec 17th

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dale @ Home Dec 17th  (Read 9900 times)
just.reading

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #200 on: December 18, 2016, 16:27:22 pm »

We've got Iaciofano, would love to see him get a start.

He is totally different to Rico/Revell, so we do have another pairing up top we could go with but RP stubbornly seems to be trying to break this horror run with the same players/formations/tactics.

Genuine question: Would you also love to see an 18 year old Prem youngster with no first team appearances given a go?
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #201 on: December 18, 2016, 16:35:04 pm »

Genuine question: Would you also love to see an 18 year old Prem youngster with no first team appearances given a go?

In our team? No, I would prefer people to make the step up from the youth/reserve team otherwise it is a pointless exercise having one.

Nothing wrong with a lot of Premier League youngsters, Berahino is a good example of when it works. I would just prefer us to give talented youngsters a go, especially when you are struggling to score goals.

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #202 on: December 18, 2016, 16:40:57 pm »

One of a few things that concerned me was the first 15 minutes before our goal when we sat back, allowed Rochdale to come on to us  and hoofed every loose ball forward, sometimes towards an unsupported Revell, other times to no one.  It kept coming back. Never seen a home team game plan that instructs your team to start like that, unless against a team that has a standing way above your own!
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #203 on: December 18, 2016, 17:01:58 pm »

One of a few things that concerned me was the first 15 minutes before our goal when we sat back, allowed Rochdale to come on to us  and hoofed every loose ball forward, sometimes towards an unsupported Revell, other times to no one.  It kept coming back. Never seen a home team game plan that instructs your team to start like that, unless against a team that has a standing way above your own!

We've been doing it for weeks and it makes very average teams look like world beaters. Its enough to make you tear your hair, especially given how well and how high we pressed last year.

You just know the way we play its only a matter of time before we concede and accounts for so many late goals. You cant sit back as deep as we do without pressing the ball and expect to get away with it for 90 mins!
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #204 on: December 18, 2016, 17:10:17 pm »

You just know the way we play its only a matter of time before we concede and accounts for so many late goals. You cant sit back as deep as we do without pressing the ball and expect to get away with it for 90 mins!
The worrying thing is that most people on here and in the stadium can see this but Mr Page can't
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #205 on: December 18, 2016, 17:15:35 pm »

Does anyone think there's the remotest chance that anything might happen this week or is kelvin just going to prolong the agony for another game or two?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #206 on: December 18, 2016, 17:29:27 pm »

Does anyone think there's the remotest chance that anything might happen this week or is kelvin just going to prolong the agony for another game or two?

Nothing will happen!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
cobblersbob

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 18, 2016, 18:08:06 pm »

After the humiliation of Stourbridge I reckon we'll win this. You normally win after getting embarrassed. There's still alot of hate towards Page but this is a big game nevertheless. I can't see KT getting rid of him before the transfer window.

Prediction 2-0 Cobbs.

Hi Dr F - did you know your prediction was quoted in the "i" newspaper on Saturday ?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #208 on: December 18, 2016, 18:38:07 pm »

After the humiliation of Stourbridge I reckon we'll win this. You normally win after getting embarrassed. There's still alot of hate towards Page but this is a big game nevertheless. I can't see KT getting rid of him before the transfer window.

Prediction 2-0 Cobbs.

Hi Dr F - did you know your prediction was quoted in the "i" newspaper on Saturday ?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 18:43:33 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #209 on: December 18, 2016, 19:18:35 pm »

Incredibly disjointed display.

First half...Revell totally isolated. Phillips and Hoskins positioning at times made it look like we were playing with a 5 man defence. In fact, it was impossible to work out our formation, and unusually for me I was sat near the half way line so had a dam good view of proceedings. Pretty lucky to go into the break level on terms...

Second half...a quick 'tactical change' from Page, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. HOWEVER. I found out after the game that McCourt was injured and was given 5 minutes to run whatever it was off. He didn't, hence the change. So as usual, Page hadn't been proactive!

So Pages first proactive change was on 75 minutes. At half time we had a competition. I said that Anderson would touch the ball 3 times before being subbed, a mate said 4, another mate said 5. We were all wrong though. He touched it a magnificent 6 times! One of those was a header straight to a Rochdale player on the half way line, 1 conceded a throw in. Whilst the other 4 were 'challenges' for lose balls. He literally didn't 'pass the ball' once, or go on 1 single run during those 29 second half minutes!

What concerns me the most is a bloke (me) who'd been on the jolly all day can see more of whats happening than our manager. Anderson literally does nothing, although he does have a habit of being in the right place at the right time occasionally to score goals. But if he doesn't score...he may as well not be on the pitch. Similarly to Taylor, set pieces aside he is currently offering us nothing. But that said, Id still pick him based on his set piece delivery which is often outstanding. So half of our midfield is contributing a big fat zero from open play. Why isn't Page addressing this? Its so clear to anyone attending the games, but not it seems to our manager. Baffling...

As for the 'dodgy ref'. I thought the foul on Anderson (ironically) was a red card. And if it wasn't a red card then Anderson should have been booked for diving. The ref had a decision to make and didn't make one. Very poor on his part.
Their first equaliser (now having seen it on replay) was clearly handled and should have been disallowed. BUT the defending leading up to the cross was shocking, with Hoskins being skinned in the right back position.
As for the 3rd goal. I've watched it now a dozen times, albeit on my phone and in my opinion its inconclusive. Some will blame Cornell, some wont. What I will say is that with this lad, theres a flap in him every game. He's a back up goalkeeper, no more no less. He shouldn't be in the team. He reminds me of Dunn...

Aside from the goals, Rochdale missed 2 absolute sitters whilst if McCourt had connected to the Hoskins cross first half it would have been a goal. Plus their keeper pulled off one great save. On balance, I think the result was about fair, Rochdale were more streetwise than us and looked far stronger in midfield. If they had been reduced to 10 men on 13 minutes which arguably they should have been then it may have been very different though. Taylors goal should have been saved as well, that goal was a gift. Hoskins goal...definitely his best 'finish' for the club. He's really coming on...

Disappointing cameo at the end. No 3rd substitution, more evidence that Page doesn't watch the same game as most of us do. This is a weekly occurrence, his inexperience as a manager cannot be the reason for this. Its in his DNA to let games drift away. I cannot see this changing as long as he is a manager which is why I've seen enough and would get rid.

Im *hoping that KT gets shot tomorrow. Cant see it but Im hoping. Otherwise, in 8 days time it will be a case of 'we go again'.
Report Spam   Logged
Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: December 18, 2016, 19:43:43 pm »

So half of our midfield is contributing a big fat zero from open play.

Apart from scoring all of our goals since Harrow Borough.

How did you rate Potter for his 21 minutes?

I'll help you out for their third goal. Henderson backs in to Cornell, Cornell then misses the ball as he topples forward and Lund walks straight past Taylor to nod in. Henderson was NOT pushed by Zak as suggested by another poster.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 19:48:56 pm by Ormen » Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #211 on: December 18, 2016, 19:48:22 pm »

Potter was dreadful, but the real mystery is constantly playing Cornell when we have one of the best keepers in the league on the bench mystifying?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 18, 2016, 19:50:08 pm »

Apart from scoring all of our goals since Harrow Borough.

How did you rate Potter for his 21 minutes?

Its an interesting point. Strangely, we seem to have a handful of players who seem to have a habit of scoring but doing little else most of the time!

Potter was at least involved. He didn't do a lot, but at least he 'was there'. Anderson just drifts out of games.

Id have liked Gorre to have been given a go for Taylor in the last 15 minutes. Or the kid brought on for Revell.
Report Spam   Logged
Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: December 18, 2016, 20:07:19 pm »

Potter was dreadful, but the real mystery is constantly playing Cornell when we have one of the best keepers in the league on the bench mystifying?

Good god, someone else can see that Potter is useless. No wonder page is reluctant to make changes if he is our best replacement.  Smith was the best keeper in L2 last season but I think he is well down the pile in L1. I don't think Cornell is a world beater but he does catch the occasional cross taking away the pressure of an attack by our opponent. Since he has been in I can only recall the Stourbridge goal being down to him.

Steve Collis or Paddy Kenny...that is the real question?  It was plain to see at half time how he (Collis) and the other Rochdale coach had their subs drilled, ours wandered aimlessly and looked very disinterested.  
Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 18, 2016, 20:12:35 pm »

Good god, someone else can see that Potter is useless. No wonder page is reluctant to make changes if he is our best replacement.  Smith was the best keeper in L2 last season but I think he is well down the pile in L1. I don't think Cornell is a world beater but he does catch the occasional cross taking away the pressure of an attack by our opponent. Since he has been in I can only recall the Stourbridge goal being down to him.

Steve Collis or Paddy Kenny...that is the real question?  It was plain to see at half time how he (Collis) and the other Rochdale coach had their subs drilled, ours wandered aimlessly and looked very disinterested.  

A reason for our subs being disinterested is probably because they know that whatever happens, they are not coming on.

Most have probably fallen out with Page. Smith, Gorre, Rod. The kids had 10 minutes or whatever it was in a tin pot cup game. Only Rico and to a lesser extent Potter would have had any realistic hope of being given some game time.

As for Cornell. He flaps at least once every game. He will be non league after his stay here...
Report Spam   Logged
Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: December 18, 2016, 20:14:41 pm »

Its an interesting point. Strangely, we seem to have a handful of players who seem to have a habit of scoring but doing little else most of the time!

Potter was at least involved. He didn't do a lot, but at least he 'was there'. Anderson just drifts out of games.

Id have liked Gorre to have been given a go for Taylor in the last 15 minutes. Or the kid brought on for Revell.

Potter was 'there' like a young lad running about in the park trying to get the ball off his dad (their number 9). Times he touched the ball with his fresh legs... maybe once but it may well have been none. Agree on Gorre. At least one of their players may have had to run after him.
Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: December 18, 2016, 20:20:02 pm »

A reason for our subs being disinterested is probably because they know that whatever happens, they are not coming on.

Two did and one of them for 45 minutes.

It's up to our coaching staff to MAKE them interested. Where were they? Were they on the pitch with our subs?
Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

spqr

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 18, 2016, 20:28:22 pm »

An interesting comment by Drilling

First half...Revell totally isolated. Phillips and Hoskins positioning at times made it look like we were playing with a 5 man defence.

I have not seen any of the home games but have been to a few of the northern away games.

At Barnsley Revell ran and ran.  There was a fair bit of passing and the Cobblers won.

The next game was at Oldham.  I was impressed with the defence but could not see a goal coming.  At this stage it was clear that Revell was living up to his stats and the comments made when he joined - he will run but will not score many. 

People started to have a go at Gorre who is a winger.  He was being asked to defend and hardly got forward.  Yes he missed a goal, but he is not alone in that.  If he was allowed to be a winger we might see some excitement. 

My feeling is that the team is not fast enough to break from defence and regularly get goals.  Is this how Page sees the game or is he waiting to get a proven goal scorer and we will see a new style of play next year?

I felt that the early away games showed that the Cobblers had ability and could pass a ball. 

The game at Chesterfield was poor to put it mildly.

The Port Vale game was won, but the team was lucky.  Richards and Revell looked slow and Vale had 17 corners I think.  The Cobblers had 3 or 4. 

You can say the goals conceded are bad luck.  However, it is happening too often.

Page's job is not easy, but he chose to do it.  All managers whether in football or not have to deal with people.  Sometimes you have to bite your lip and sometimes you have to stand your ground with individuals.  That is what makes a good manager.  None of us actually know what is going on.

I do hope that we do not have another Crerand season - unless we stay up.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2016, 20:29:09 pm »

Two did and one of them for 45 minutes.

It's up to our coaching staff to MAKE them interested. Where were they? Were they on the pitch with our subs?

Lord Percy was probably changing his tights, as for Kenny who knows.
Report Spam   Logged
Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2016, 20:34:36 pm »

Lord Percy was probably changing his tights, as for Kenny who knows.

There you go  Grin We can of course make light of it on here but that for me is the main area in which our outfit is failing.

If Page needs to address anything it's that, the rest will follow.
Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: