The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 22:46:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Easier games to come

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Easier games to come  (Read 16706 times)
Cobbler78

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: January 08, 2017, 22:42:39 pm »

Just been looking at the results, as we are coming to the end of a really tough run of fixtures, we have played more games against top half teams than we have bottom half teams, so easier games are just around the corner.

Here are the numbers

Vs Top 10
Played 13 (5 Points)  0.38 points per game

Vs Rest of League
Played 13 (25 points) 1.92 points per game

This is too much of a difference to be a coincidence

Looking at this trend, we are on target for 8 points from 20 games from teams in the top 10 and 50 points from the rest of the league for a total of 58 points.

Another bonus, we only have 7 of our remaining 20 games vs teams in the top 10.

If only football was played on paper.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 22:44:14 pm by Cobbler78 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 23:00:02 pm »

Is there really any need for yet another thread with regards our current plight? You're like some sort of media whore troll.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 23:02:55 pm »

This is nothing to do with our "current plight". It's pointing out facts of games played. I know this might not sit well with some though, those who don't like facts.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 23:05:43 pm »

Give it a rest hey!!!!!

Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 23:06:49 pm »

Give it a rest hey!!!!!

As I was saying, it won't sit well with some.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 23:28:33 pm »

This is nothing to do with our "current plight". It's pointing out facts of games played. I know this might not sit well with some though, those who don't like facts.

What, like your facts that 'we will stay up with Page in charge,' and that we'll finish 12th on 60 points. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 23:29:57 pm »

What, like your facts that 'we will stay up with Page in charge,' and that we'll finish 12th on 60 points. Roll Eyes

And another.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 23:43:46 pm »

OK marvo, yet more stats. The main point being NTFC are playing mind numbing boring sterile football. It's painful to watch, people are fed up with.
You keep digging up stuff just to try and prove the same point, sometimes your right sometimes it's just bollox.
Your are becoming the  Rob Page of this board. Same old boring sterile crap.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 23:44:55 pm »

OK marvo, yet more stats. The main point being NTFC are playing mind numbing boring sterile football. It's painful to watch, people are fed up with.
You keep digging up stuff just to try and prove the same point, sometimes your right sometimes it's just bollox.
Your are becoming the  Rob Page of this board. Same old boring sterile crap.

It's "you're"
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 23:46:50 pm »

And another.

The facts are we are on a terrible run, with a manager who seems to have no concept of game management, makes truly baffling team selections and substitutions, and sets his teams up to play a stifling and mind numbingly boring brand of football. These are the facts!
Your persistent proclamations regarding how many points we need, and how many we are likely to procure during February, these are not facts. They are your opinions, and, believe me, in all likelihood your viewpoint is deeply flawed. This is not some minor hiccup. The writing has been on the wall for a period of time. I was never overly enthused with Page's appointment, but if he stays we will become entrenched in a relegation dogfight. You will probably squark that this is just my opinion, but I've been around football for enough years to recognize when something is failing badly.
Fact: Page needs to go.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 23:48:45 pm »

See the games played and points won facts that started this thread.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 23:57:28 pm »

See the games played and points won facts that started this thread.

Fact: We've picked up six points out of the last thirty available.
Fact: This is relegation form.
Fact: A few weeks ago you proclaimed people idiots, and that Page had turned things round with two wins in three game. You were wrong, and this is a fact.
Fact: You are either a troll or you are on drugs. If neither of these things, then I'd suggest you do some drugs. It might help you to think straight.

Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 00:06:21 am »

If neither of these things, then I'd suggest you do some drugs. It might help you to think straight.

Just say NO  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 00:59:37 am »

You know if you don't respond to him that's your problem solved..
Report Spam   Logged
Tom

View Profile
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 05:56:18 am »

Most likely we get a few wins against poor teams, delay sacking page because all the easily pleased lot are happy again,
 then we get smashed by everyone half decent for the rest of the season, when it's too late for another manager to fix anything and get relegated.
Report Spam   Logged

guest170

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 06:52:44 am »

People were saying a few months ago that the only reason we were towards the top is because we had played the teams towards the bottom, we have now played the teams towards the top and are where we are so I agree to a certain extent it does balance.
Thats why after the Sheff game I wasnt too critical and it wasnt a huge surprise losing to Bradford.

The problem is how we play. Negative at Sheffield, capitulated against Bradford and whatever the word is for what happened at Bristol. I dont expect us to be as free flowing and exciting as last year, its a much harder league and we lost some key players, but having a flat back 10, or two rigid rows of 5 who dont press is negative, boring and has given us the results that the tactics deserve.

If he had come out and taken even a shred of responsibility for any of the games that maybe some of us late 'page outers' would have given him longer. To blame players and continually defend his tactics is absurd!
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 07:02:23 am »

People were saying a few months ago that the only reason we were towards the top is because we had played the teams towards the bottom, we have now played the teams towards the top and are where we are so I agree to a certain extent it does balance.
Thats why after the Sheff game I wasnt too critical and it wasnt a huge surprise losing to Bradford.

The problem is how we play. Negative at Sheffield, capitulated against Bradford and whatever the word is for what happened at Bristol. I dont expect us to be as free flowing and exciting as last year, its a much harder league and we lost some key players, but having a flat back 10, or two rigid rows of 5 who dont press is negative, boring and has given us the results that the tactics deserve.

If he had come out and taken even a shred of responsibility for any of the games that maybe some of us late 'page outers' would have given him longer. To blame players and continually defend his tactics is absurd!

This. Totally THIS!
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 07:12:19 am »

100% agree, great balanced post.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 08:09:47 am »

You know if you don't respond to him that's your problem solved..

+1
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 08:20:24 am »

All the players will have a bath before on the 31st of Jan, wake up refreshed , forget how sh!t they have been and be comfortable by the end of feb.
The Logic of 78 its that simple
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: