The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 09:41:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Radio Northampton

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Northampton  (Read 53894 times)
Irchy cob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2017, 14:40:26 pm »

Well I am glad you got the gist of it! But you are quite right - should read interpretate. Hope that helps!

Sorry Evers that doesn't make sense either - third time lucky?!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #161 on: January 25, 2017, 14:48:20 pm »

Which part confuses you - Einstein? Glad to help.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2017, 14:59:04 pm »

Which part confuses you - Einstein? Glad to help.

The interpretate part - I think you meant interpret
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2017, 18:20:46 pm »

The interpretate part - I think you meant interpret

Grin He's like a gift that keeps on giving. Bless him Grin
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2017, 19:05:59 pm »

I am also a woman and have been interpenetrated on a number of occasions by a Great Dane.
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2017, 19:09:01 pm »

I am also a woman and have been interpenetrated on a number of occasions by a Great Dane.

Is that even legal? Shocked Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2017, 20:02:13 pm »

No such word as  "interpretate"  so yr right.
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2017, 20:28:55 pm »

Older supporters need to think back a few years when sometimes you would only find out the Cobblers result by looking in the morning paper next day.
I used to deliver the green / pink un, on a Saturday evening. Cash on delivery, keep the change kid, far better than a normal paper round!
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2017, 21:22:26 pm »

I would love to have heard her interview Chris Wilder after a poor performance .
She would have been eaten alive .
Too many PC people on here .
The bottom line is that she is inept and needs to be kept away from football interviews .
Mind you , she's even worst with rugby !

She probably would have interrupted him mid-rant away at Notts County  Tongue Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2017, 21:35:28 pm »

People are missing the point here .
The supporters have one chance to listen to a managers post match comments and there is one person selected to ask the questions .
If that one person knows nothing about football and is not taken seriously , we as supporters learn nothing .
It's not a case of switching over because there is no other choice .
This lady has been employed as a sports reporter and she is out of her depth . Unfortunately , her boss doesn't appear to think so according to her letter back to me and so that's where the problem lies .

Exactly. I don't want to switch off because I want to hear the manager's and players thoughts and get answers to the type of questions us supporters would like want to ask. That's why you need a competent person at the helm. I also like to hear others insightful views on the game. At the moment we're not getting any of that.
Report Spam   Logged
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2017, 21:53:19 pm »

I don't think you can compare Caroline Densley with Joe Townsend, the difference being that Joe co-commentated on games and did a great job. So much so that Sky now employ him. Crikey, could you imagine her commentating on matches? Now that really would be worth listening to!
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2017, 05:15:33 am »

Exactly. I don't want to switch off because I want to hear the manager's and players thoughts and get answers to the type of questions us supporters would like want to ask. That's why you need a competent person at the helm. I also like to hear others insightful views on the game. At the moment we're not getting any of that.
c
Well maybe she should interview one or two experts from here. Players and managers and staff from personal experience toe the line these days. They ain't gonna say anything unless like Notts County away last season there are exceptional circs.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:47:06 pm by pattcobb » Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
guest2995

« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2017, 07:50:00 am »

Spot on !
That's why it does matter .
I suspect she was employed because there is a trend in recent years for " fans representatives " as opposed to traditional journalists - as illustrated by programmes like Soccer AM for example .
There is s place for both , but don't give her the job of talking to the manager before or after the game , just get her chatting to the supporters outside Carrs Bar !
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2017, 08:57:30 am »

c
Well maybe she should interview one or two experts from here. Players andvmanagers and staff from petsonal experience toe the line these days. They ain't gonna say anything unless like Notts County away last season tere are eceptional circs.

what are you on about?

Of course they will answer questions, you know, about the game that everyone just watched and listened to. Things like:

What was the thinking behind the midfield diamond?
Do you think it left us a little exposed on the wings?
Why did you choose Matty Taylor as the anchor of the diamond rather than one of the other positions?
We seemed to press the opposition the opposotion well for the first 20 mins and then sat off a bit, was that intentional or is it something we need to work on further?
What was the thinking behind the Substitions/formation changes/personnel changes? etc etc etc.

Radio northampton dont ask any FOOTBALL questions. Its all... how are you feeling? How do you think it went? Are you happy?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2017, 09:44:58 am »

what are you on about?

Of course they will answer questions, you know, about the game that everyone just watched and listened to. Things like:

What was the thinking behind the midfield diamond?
Do you think it left us a little exposed on the wings?
Why did you choose Matty Taylor as the anchor of the diamond rather than one of the other positions?
We seemed to press the opposition the opposotion well for the first 20 mins and then sat off a bit, was that intentional or is it something we need to work on further?
What was the thinking behind the Substitions/formation changes/personnel changes? etc etc etc.

Radio northampton dont ask any FOOTBALL questions. Its all... how are you feeling? How do you think it went? Are you happy?

Exactly right .
Supporters want more searching questions , without being over intrusive .
I think Townsend tried to do that but was up against a difficult character in Wilder who could be contrary .
Page got a totally easy ride from the media and so far I have learnt nothing about JED's intentions .
There's only one thing worst than CD asking questions ,and that's Lee Harper - by the time he has got to the end of his sentence , everyone has switched off, turned the floodlights off , swept the changing rooms and started watching MOTD....
Report Spam   Logged
brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2017, 11:17:26 am »

Compare this to their Saints coverage, which is hugely in-depth and analytical. It's almost like they dumb down the stuff for Cobblers fans...
Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2017, 12:21:39 pm »

c
Well maybe she should interview one or two experts from here. Players andvmanagers and staff from petsonal experience toe the line these days. They ain't gonna say anything unless like Notts County away last season tere are eceptional circs.

Blimey Patts, did you lose your glasses?
Report Spam   Logged

pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2017, 12:51:46 pm »

Blimey Patts, did you lose your glasses?

er yes and I forgot to preview, done now! Shocked
Points made after my post are pretty valid so if I'm allowed to change my opinion?
Could do better is my new opinion.
Listened to a bit of the saints show last night it's very good, so will listen to football show tonight see if it's improved.
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2017, 13:43:48 pm »

er yes and I forgot to preview, done now! Shocked
Points made after my post are pretty valid so if I'm allowed to change my opinion?
Could do better is my new opinion.
Listened to a bit of the saints show last night it's very good, so will listen to football show tonight see if it's improved.

Fair enough Pattcobb, i honestly think that is the first time i have seen someone say 'i have considered others' points on this topic and my view has now changed' on this forum !
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 26, 2017, 13:53:31 pm »

Compare this to their Saints coverage, which is hugely in-depth and analytical. It's almost like they dumb down the stuff for Cobblers fans...

It's not known as Radio Saints for nothing, you know? Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: