The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:07:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rocking the Robins Swindon (H 14/2/17).

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rocking the Robins Swindon (H 14/2/17).  (Read 13329 times)
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2017, 22:49:09 pm »

Sorry , don't mean to moan .... We played quite well and I'm liking the improvement all round Smiley

Talking about moaning, it's valentines night . I love you all!  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2017, 22:54:26 pm »

Buchanan is also becoming a worry . Most goals come down the left now .

I would put this down to the diamond formation not giving any protection to our fullbacks and leaving lots of space out wide.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2017, 22:55:45 pm »

I would put this down to the diamond formation not giving any protection to our fullbacks and leaving lots of space out wide.

Eardley doesn't seem to struggle.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2017, 23:04:39 pm »

Eardley doesn't seem to struggle.

Good point, I think Buchs is an excellent defender. Maybe JJOT offers more protection than Boateng, maybe there are better right wingers than left. Is Eardley really a better player than Buchs? Lets see how the season unfold.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2017, 23:16:23 pm »

Yes, I also think Buchanan is an excellent defender but one who is off his game. Eardley got forward quite a bit today as well and to good effect.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2017, 00:53:56 am »

I am afraid it's lack of pace and it's as simple as that .
Formations and players shielding don't help but time and again we get beaten down the left .
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2017, 05:58:57 am »

I thought that eardley was very good last night. Had their no 11 under control. He changed sides second half and did give Bucks some issues.Page, this hurts, has to take some credit for Eardleys recruitment he is a great RB for this division.

We didn't plat the diamond. We played a 4 3 1 2.

Whilst I appreciate the comments re Boateng I thought JJ was held and shoulders the best player on the pitch
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2017, 06:06:05 am »

Sorry should also have said that whilst I don't think Taylor had a great game yesterday, didn't anyone notice his block in the last ten minutes which caused him to be withdrawn and I doubt we had anyone who could deliver that corner for JJ to score that late winner.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2017, 06:24:13 am »

Taylor's 50/60 yard pass later on in the second half over the head of the defender and onto Smiths foot was worth the entrance fee alone. As Boeteng tired so much in the final ten minutes Taylor was doing a good job of geeing him up even though he was obviously out on his feet too.
I thought Taylor played well last night. It's disappointing that a section of our fans seem impatient to get on his back for every little thing. I'll be glad to see this season over and us safe so we can hopefully go into next season with a fresh start and far less of the negativity from the dick heads.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2017, 07:36:32 am »

Game should have been completely dead inside the first 30 mins. Only our poor finishing (Rico guilty twice inc a pen miss) let Swindon get to half time level.

Finally made the breakthrough and then did our usual last 20 mins where we gradually ran out of steam. Edinburgh should've gone with fresh legs (Wylde was ready to come on) before the equaliser but hesitated. Our lack of fitness is continuing to cost us, and I fear that only a proper pre-season will really get to the bottom of the issue. Until then we'll be playing catch up.

Relieved to see the 2-1 score, and anything other than a win would've been a travesty.

Swindon were the most open and un-physical away side I can remember seeing at Sixfields in a long long time. They were like an U23 team, so easily knocked off the ball.

JJOT was excellent. M Smith is getting sharper and K Anderson is a constant livewire. It's coming back together nicely.

Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2017, 07:37:13 am »

Excellent performance last night, lots of 7's and 8's across the pitch.

Only downside for me was that in the 10 minutes leading up to their equaliser, you could see it coming. I think a change or two would have stopped that happening, we were clearly very tired. But in mitigation its fair to say that we didn't have good options on the bench (defensively) to shut up shop, not ones that are on form/fit.

3 wins from 4, 4 successive excellent performances.

The next 2 games will show us where we truly are and whether or not we have become a top half team, albeit not in the current table.
Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2017, 09:57:01 am »

Our first double of the season.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
TopCat

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2017, 10:07:30 am »

Our first double of the season.  Smiley

Yep first over SwineDon since 55/56. I took this from their forum...

"You have to go back to 55/56 to find the last time Cobblers did a double over us in Div 3.  That season is widely regarded as a benchmark for sh**ness, when we finished 24th for the first time....."

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***’... me!

CARDOZA - A clown, A fool, A charlaton. The destroyer of NTFC 1897 to 2015....ON HIS WATCH!!!!
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2017, 10:44:03 am »

Some good performances from the likes of Boateng, Eardley, JJOT & Smith (2nd half) and we ran out deserved winners.  Just as well because we have a couple of tough away games coming up. There is still a lot to do before we achieve safety but we look better organised although I worry about a fair number of our players looking knackered by the 70th minute.
Report Spam   Logged
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2017, 10:58:48 am »

Last night's action

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10768589/northampton-2-1-swindon
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2017, 11:05:01 am »

JED hinted in his post match interview that he is going to make changes in personnel for Saturday to freshen it up - a few of the players looked very leggy after 3 games in a week
Report Spam   Logged
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2017, 12:35:15 pm »

I think if we had scored that penalty it would've been quite a straightforward night for us. But we never do things the easy way this season.

I was annoyed that the ref booked Smith after he was pushed. I think that took a bit of aggression out of his game especially he refrained from charging down the keeper on one occasion.

Eardley has been steady in defence and it was a great to see him get forward to assist for the first goal. And great play by JJOT.

Their winger gave Buchs a torrid time. It would be good to keep tabs on his if Swindon get relegated.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2017, 15:36:14 pm »

Sorry should also have said that whilst I don't think Taylor had a great game yesterday, didn't anyone notice his block in the last ten minutes which caused him to be withdrawn and I doubt we had anyone who could deliver that corner for JJ to score that late winner.

The summariser on NTSport(Gregg)also thought Taylor was good.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2017, 17:11:41 pm »

The summariser on NTSport(Gregg)also thought Taylor was good.

Ex Cobblers left back Gregor Robertson
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2017, 17:56:39 pm »

Buchanan got skinned a number of times last night but there won't be too many times he comes up against the pace and trickery of that winger last night.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: