The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:32:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Shrimpers (A) 18/02/17

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shrimpers (A) 18/02/17  (Read 6082 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2017, 10:56:43 am »

I did not intend to pick on these players but used them as examples of very different performances levels in their last two games. There are plenty of other players I could mention in this context from match to match.

Appreciate the point now, but the two players singled out have hardly been inconsistent. Perhaps Diamond and Nyatanga might have better as they have both suffered indifferent form. Both players played well yesterday. Still a reasonable point made don't you think 'Bob'?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2487

« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2017, 12:57:53 pm »

Aren't most of them at this level because they're inconsistent?
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2017, 13:57:29 pm »

Missed out on this game but managed to tune in for most of it on the wireless.

Another very decent performance and result. Thats 5 consecutive good performances, I think its fair to say we've had the new manager 'bounce' and we are now well on track to maintain league1 football into a 2nd season. 10 points from his first 6 matches in charge is an excellent return and is play off form. The fixtures have arguably been good ones on the whole but yesterdays point shows that we are definitely heading in the right direction!

With regards to Boeteng being inconsistent, I totally agree with this. Because he's inconsistent through a single game!

I made the point a week or so ago that if he can stop going missing for big chunks in games, he could end up playing international football…he's that good. At Walsall, he was like Kante on the first half; when he got subbed half way through the 2nd half Id forgotten he was on the pitch. He needs to work on this if he is to full fill the masses of potential he has. As a central midfielder he really shouldn't be going awol; I don't think I can recall a player we've had with such varying levels of influence throughout a game!

Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2017, 16:33:54 pm »

Missed out on this game but managed to tune in for most of it on the wireless.

Another very decent performance and result. Thats 5 consecutive good performances, I think its fair to say we've had the new manager 'bounce' and we are now well on track to maintain league1 football into a 2nd season. 10 points from his first 6 matches in charge is an excellent return and is play off form. The fixtures have arguably been good ones on the whole but yesterdays point shows that we are definitely heading in the right direction!

With regards to Boeteng being inconsistent, I totally agree with this. Because he's inconsistent through a single game!

I made the point a week or so ago that if he can stop going missing for big chunks in games, he could end up playing international football…he's that good. At Walsall, he was like Kante on the first half; when he got subbed half way through the 2nd half Id forgotten he was on the pitch. He needs to work on this if he is to full fill the masses of potential he has. As a central midfielder he really shouldn't be going awol; I don't think I can recall a player we've had with such varying levels of influence throughout a game!

Even against Southend you could see that Boeteng is a class act. It's just that a few things weren't coming off like they might do in another game. That's sport for you.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2017, 19:19:49 pm »

Even against Southend you could see that Boeteng is a class act. It's just that a few things weren't coming off like they might do in another game. That's sport for you.

It is when Boateng gave the ball away and getting caught in possession more times than Britney Spears. However by and large the midfield did ok with JJOT prominent through out. Taylor was also prominent particularly 1st half ; all these previous negative snipes at him for a bloke who yesterday had two good attempts on goal one of which directly led to one. He then added two more assists to his name Roll Eyes. For those not there yesterday he did have a quieter 2nd half but made several interceptions and two decent tackles.  Talking about the second half Southend fizzled out and ended up withdrawing at least two of their front 3. The other contributory factor to the second half was that the Cobblers defensively settled down and far more at the races.  Diamond in particular had a fine 2nd half. Smith was good too and both he and Diamond are getting back to their best. JE's handling of subs was good with the exception of Wylde whose speed and directness caused them problems , that is when he had the opportunity. Perhaps his fitness is a problem. Both JJOT and McCourt have lost weight and he (McCourt) also played well when he came on. Perhaps also he is regaining his fitness and confidence. I liked the Cobblers crowd yesterday ; in fine voice and humorous with it. Liked the bit to see Insider standup spread his arms in true missionary style ; uncertain if he was attempting to incite the oppo but looked good. Some big burly black bloke came in late who was greeted by his pals with shouts of snowy!
If we could just keep our momentum going for 85 mins then the game could have been won. To me I never had any doubt that we would hold out in the last xtra 6 mins. We had more of the ball in any case.

PS Buchs had a decent game and God knows what Eardley was upto in the first 20 mins.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 13:58:02 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest1223

« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2017, 19:25:59 pm »

Impressed that no-one else has commented ( unless i have missed it) on very sportsman like action of Southend Chairman who came right up to us as we were leaving to clap us and say well done. Appreciative of both team effort and level of support. Appreciated.
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2017, 17:04:49 pm »

Impressed that no-one else has commented ( unless i have missed it) on very sportsman like action of Southend Chairman who came right up to us as we were leaving to clap us and say well done. Appreciative of both team effort and level of support. Appreciated.
+1 A very nice touch.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: