The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:11:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Relegation Watch

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 107614 times)
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1520 on: January 27, 2019, 15:17:20 pm »

Our next 3 are Colchester (h) and then two away games at Tranmere and Lincoln...
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: January 27, 2019, 15:32:53 pm »

Yes, relegated to the also rans of football who have s***e owners. Hope that helps.

No, it doesn't help. It just tells me what I already knew about you!
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #1522 on: January 29, 2019, 16:49:36 pm »

American businessman rumoured to be close to taking over at Yeovil on the local New tonight down here. Noticed that have signed a lad from Southampton today. Local radio repirting he has the funds to take them back to league 1 and beyond.

We might see them move up the table over the coming weeks?

http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp?NewsItemId=29509
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1523 on: February 02, 2019, 16:56:41 pm »

Only two midweek games this week.....

Tranmere v Cobblers and Cheltenham meet Yeovil, two teams below us who have both played a game less than we have.

On Saturday another two teams below us meet each other.....Vale host Cambridge, Cheltenham go to Colchester, Notts County go to Forest Green, Macclesfield host Crewe, Morecambe at home to Bury, and Yeovil at home to Grimsby.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Knockingonabit

View Profile
Nineth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #1524 on: February 05, 2019, 22:21:03 pm »

What a weird old game it is...gloom and despondency and then suddenly 10 points clear. With four teams currently averaging a point a game or less, 46 points could be enough this year rather than the usual benchmark of 51. The probability is another 9 from 15 games would see us safe,.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1525 on: February 06, 2019, 08:25:11 am »

If we win 4 more games and draw a few then we'll be absolutely fine.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1526 on: February 06, 2019, 10:59:09 am »

If we win 4 more games and draw a few then we'll be absolutely fine.
11 wins from the last 15?
75 points ish,
After all its only the bleeding 4th division, why not.😉
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1527 on: February 06, 2019, 12:02:34 pm »

11 wins from the last 15?
75 points ish,
After all its only the bleeding 4th division, why not.😉

So what you are saying 'play offs here we come' ? Am I reading you right? Timmo has a supporter!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #1528 on: February 12, 2019, 20:58:22 pm »

The biggest factor towards us not slipping down the table was the welcome news that the players closed ranks and sorted the home truths out in the dressing room after the Colchester game .
I imagine KC was not involved in that and the senior players took over.
I bet you that’s why Pierre has taken over as skipper .
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #1529 on: February 18, 2019, 21:42:42 pm »

Still 10 points clear but this thread has to still be alive. Notts could be out of the bottom two by Tuesday night pushing us all a little closer to the dreaded line.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: February 18, 2019, 22:45:08 pm »

Still 10 points clear but this thread has to still be alive. Notts could be out of the bottom two by Tuesday night pushing us all a little closer to the dreaded line.

Sounds if you are a bit of worrier Cool  Even so most of us share your concerns, some more so than you or I for that matter.We do have a healthy 11pt gap between us and NC and we have to play them! We have to keep accumulating points somehow and dont care how. I know this will disappoint the purists but if needs be..................
Report Spam   Logged

Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1531 on: February 19, 2019, 18:04:05 pm »

Morecambe, port vale and notts county are all in action tonight - I know most people (including KC by the sound of it) seem to think we’re safe already but that isn’t the case.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 19, 2019, 20:03:21 pm »

Morecambe, port vale and notts county are all in action tonight - I know most people (including KC by the sound of it) seem to think we’re safe already but that isn’t the case.

Chelts 2-0 CambU
Notts C 1-4 Newport
Old 1 -2 Mcombe
PV 1 - 2  Tranmere
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 20:51:51 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #1533 on: February 19, 2019, 21:35:32 pm »

Still have that 10 point cushion and all level on games now. It's between 16th place down now as there is a gap between us and Newport in 15th. We are probably the least likely to go down of the 9 teams in the running but that won't stop me from having a little worry  Huh? Probably another 10 or 11 points will do it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1534 on: February 20, 2019, 06:42:39 am »

Still have that 10 point cushion and all level on games now. It's between 16th place down now as there is a gap between us and Newport in 15th. We are probably the least likely to go down of the 9 teams in the running but that won't stop me from having a little worry  Huh? Probably another 10 or 11 points will do it.
Hence what we are playing the most negative football with a team full of defenders .
It’s belt and braces so that we don’t get dragged into it .
If we hadn’t got those 4 away points it would be looking precarious.
I just personally think he went too far on Saturday and 3 points was possible
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #1535 on: February 20, 2019, 06:43:49 am »

It’ll be Yeovil finishing bottom, then a toss-up between Port Vale and Macclesfield joining them.  Don’t fret!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #1536 on: February 20, 2019, 06:48:25 am »

Hence what we are playing the most negative football with a team full of defenders .
It’s belt and braces so that we don’t get dragged into it .
If we hadn’t got those 4 away points it would be looking precarious.
I just personally think he went too far on Saturday and 3 points was possible

I see that and agree it's what Curle seems to be doing. The problem is, it's highly likely to go wrong in a few of the remaining games and we'll concede a goal. Then what do we do because the team is in no way set up to create anything when chasing a game, especially if the other team then decides to shut up shop. 
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 20, 2019, 07:57:38 am »

You thought Saturday was negative...

Just wait til the Port Vale, Macc & Yeovil games at home & Notts Co away #parkthebus #hangingonforanilnil
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #1538 on: February 20, 2019, 08:21:30 am »

You thought Saturday was negative...

Just wait til the Port Vale, Macc & Yeovil games at home & Notts Co away #parkthebus #hangingonforanilnil

I don't think it's a case of hanging on for a nil nil. Okay we are more solid at the back since the Colchester game, but if you keep the ball out of your net the worst it will be is a draw and one point. However, if you take a chance you end up winning the game 1-0 or better. I didn't enjoy Saturday's game but I also don't enjoy seeing opposition teams break at will and hurt us on the counter attack. KC clearly has a points target in mind and intends to get there by hook or by crook, if that means playing a bit ugly for the rest of the season so be it.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 20, 2019, 11:06:04 am »

I don't think it's a case of hanging on for a nil nil. Okay we are more solid at the back since the Colchester game, but if you keep the ball out of your net the worst it will be is a draw and one point. However, if you take a chance you end up winning the game 1-0 or better. I didn't enjoy Saturday's game but I also don't enjoy seeing opposition teams break at will and hurt us on the counter attack. KC clearly has a points target in mind and intends to get there by hook or by crook, if that means playing a bit ugly for the rest of the season so be it.

Given it's 3 points for a win and only 1 for a draw surely the weighting of our approach should be to win games. Surely it's easier to win one of every 3 games than draw all 3.

Morias and Williams should play if fit. They represent our best goal threat and if they want out then make it clear this is their best way out. In reality if they hit form they are more likely to stay as they enjoy their success and support of one of the best supported teams in this league (currently 6th best with Notts County's - who are 2nd best - artificially exaggerated by very low ticket prices for some games). The additional pay will also encourage them.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: