The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 04:38:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Relegation Watch

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 79   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 107693 times)
Cobbler78

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2017, 14:35:34 pm »

Exactly. Under Page there were many performances and results that I'm sure would not have been bettered by the current stewardship. E.g Walsall (H), Southend (H), Swindon (A), Sc***horpe (A), Oxford (A), Sheff Utd (A), Shrewsbury (A) and a few others. We had a few poor performances, like Posh, Bristol Rovers, Milwall etc but then again we've had a few poor ones under JDE like Oldham and Fleetwood and who have we beaten since Page left that we wouldn't have expected to? Results have, by and large, consistently ALL season depended on the quality of the opposition.

This in a nutshell is what people have been failing to understand all season, despite the facts being right under their nose.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2017, 14:46:24 pm »

Exactly. Under Page there were many performances and results that I'm sure would not have been bettered by the current stewardship. E.g Walsall (H), Southend (H), Swindon (A), Sc***horpe (A), Oxford (A), Sheff Utd (A), Shrewsbury (A) and a few others. We had a few poor performances, like Posh, Bristol Rovers, Milwall etc but then again we've had a few poor ones under JDE like Oldham and Fleetwood and who have we beaten since Page left that we wouldn't have expected to? Results have, by and large, consistently ALL season depended on the quality of the opposition.

We didn't play well v Southend (h) and Sheff Utd (a). Oxford (a) was fine but they were toothless up front and we nicked a win with a late set piece, rather than beating them with a great performance.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2017, 15:19:17 pm »

Exactly. Under Page there were many performances and results that I'm sure would not have been bettered by the current stewardship. E.g Walsall (H), Southend (H), Swindon (A), Oxford (A), Shrewsbury (A) and a few others.
I've been watching football a long time but I've yet to see how you can "better" a result that you won  Huh?

PS You forgot Stourbridge in your list of "a few poor ones" 
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2017, 15:24:23 pm »

I agree, anyone who was there could see we were a rudderless ship destined to sink.

And as for Bristol Rovers, I know they are a great side but we were good that day!
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2017, 17:04:55 pm »

We didn't play well v Southend (h)

Erm, didn't we win? 4-0? Against a team in the promotion race? Imagine the score if we HAD played well!
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2017, 17:06:10 pm »

I've been watching football a long time but I've yet to see how you can "better" a result that you won  Huh?

This is kind of the point being made!
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2017, 18:38:17 pm »

I wasnt enjoying watching the games when Page was there with a few exceptions, I'm enjoying it more under JE, I dont care how the stats come across or who we have beaten or if we were unlucky, if I enjoy it I'm more likely to keep going. I don't need stats quoted and re quoted and used in a million different ways to let me know if I enjoyed a game.
Report Spam   Logged
andycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2017, 18:55:51 pm »

The last few games under page were absolute dog sh1te and we were only heading one way. Jed stopped the rot and probably saved our league 1 status.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2017, 19:20:03 pm »

Erm, didn't we win? 4-0? Against a team in the promotion race?
They weren't at the time. They finished the day bottom but one to Coventry.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2017, 20:44:29 pm »

They weren't at the time. They finished the day bottom but one to Coventry.

We were 5th, are we the 5th best team in the league?
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2017, 21:09:48 pm »

When we played Southend they were bottom but one. They were not a team in the promotion race. It wasn't much to brag about. If we beat them now in the same manner then it would be.
Report Spam   Logged

Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2017, 21:19:37 pm »

When we played Southend they were bottom but one. They were not a team in the promotion race. It wasn't much to brag about. If we beat them now in the same manner then it would be.

I actually think you might be serious haha
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2017, 21:34:51 pm »

Personal opinion is that anyone who truly believes RP is a manager equal to JE then they're ridiculously stupid.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2017, 21:36:51 pm »

Anyone that believes Page will be a manager again period needs their bumps felt.
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2017, 21:38:02 pm »

You're the one that seems to think being bottom but one is the same as being in the promotion race.
Have you never stopped to wonder why you're the only person on here that thinks the things you do?
Report Spam   Logged

Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2017, 21:54:51 pm »

Have you never stopped to wonder why you're the only person on here that thinks the things you do?

I think we both know the answer to that don't we.............
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #156 on: March 29, 2017, 22:28:30 pm »

Anyone that believes Page will be a manager again period needs their bumps felt.
I'd say that's a damning indictment of the chairman that went all out to secure him Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #157 on: March 29, 2017, 22:40:34 pm »

I'd say that's a damning indictment of the chairman that went all out to secure him Shocked

Anybody - as I am lost for words!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Moultoncobb

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2017, 06:45:37 am »

The Southend team we beat 4-0 were a different team to the one now fighting for promotion, they've clearly improved a lot since we played them. Not that hard to understand.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2017, 07:19:45 am »

The Southend team we beat 4-0 were a different team to the one now fighting for promotion, they've clearly improved a lot since we played them. Not that hard to understand.

Really, how many different players?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 79   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: