The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:46:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Relegation Watch

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 79   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 107813 times)
Cobbler78

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #280 on: April 18, 2017, 21:30:30 pm »

In all honesty, I'm more concerned about finishing with a whimper and avoiding relegation by the skin of our teeth. It's a difficult sell to get players to join a club that finishes just above the relegation zone - and boy do we need some fresh blood.

This is a good point, I reckon we'll get 3 or 4 points from our last 2 games, 15th will be as good as it gets now.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 18, 2017, 21:32:19 pm »

You seem a bit of a blert..You're not safe till your safe Windy..

It's "you're"
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #282 on: April 18, 2017, 21:36:16 pm »

In all honesty, I'm more concerned about finishing with a whimper and avoiding relegation by the skin of our teeth. It's a difficult sell to get players to join a club that finishes just above the relegation zone - and boy do we need some fresh blood.

Agree with you there! But it seems that 90% of our fans would have taken a 20th place finish before a ball was even kicked this season!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 18, 2017, 22:11:42 pm »

I think we are safe but this is football.

I didnt think we'd win the league by so far last year.
I didn't think we would beat Liverpool.
I didn't think Leicester would win the premier league and then be the last English club In the champions league.
I thought we would go down the season wilder saved us.

One of the reasons football is so good is its ability to throw everything up in the air so u til we are mathematically safe I'll be cautious.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #284 on: April 18, 2017, 22:16:04 pm »

We are safe, some of you are funny, I imagine you wear three condoms and still pull out fearing a worst case scenario.

Don't know about you, but I watched us go down under Gray when at the time it seemed harder to achieve that feat other than gain the 1 point from the last two games. Whilst I agree that the situation is more in our favour this time; the simple fact is that we are not yet safe. Some of our players may feel that their contract may not be renewed come what may. Furthermore we will be without two of our top players. True Port Vale might trip up, but our failure to achieve sufficient points over the last few games is to say the least disconcerting. No amount of spin from you can disguise the simple fact that we are "Not Safe" as yet.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 18, 2017, 22:23:37 pm »

I think we are safe but this is football.

I didnt think we'd win the league by so far last year.
I didn't think we would beat Liverpool.
I didn't think Leicester would win the premier league and then be the last English club In the champions league.
I thought we would go down the season wilder saved us.

One of the reasons football is so good is its ability to throw everything up in the air so u til we are mathematically safe I'll be cautious.

This post sums up the majority of you lot on here. All predictions or assumptions start with "We won't" "We can't" etc. Negative. Not one positive prediction.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #286 on: April 18, 2017, 23:33:52 pm »

This post sums up the majority of you lot on here. All predictions or assumptions start with "We won't" "We can't" etc. Negative. Not one positive prediction.
Nope, it started with  'I think we are safe'.
Go check.
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #287 on: April 19, 2017, 06:10:21 am »

I'll give you 200-1 anyone fancy sticking a tenner on us to go down? Easy money to dull the pain for all of you negative types.

The irony ..... Your so confident that you are only offering 200/1 ..... Which is less than u can get at the bookies and much less than a well thought out accumulator.

Why can't u understand some people want to wait till its mathematically certain till they acknowledge it.....

Your guess work is probably right
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 19, 2017, 07:21:34 am »

The irony ..... Your so confident that you are only offering 200/1 ..... Which is less than u can get at the bookies and much less than a well thought out accumulator.

Why can't u understand some people want to wait till its mathematically certain till they acknowledge it.....

Your guess work is probably right

I guess that proves my point.

By the way, why can't you understand that it's "you're"?
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #289 on: April 19, 2017, 08:46:43 am »

I guess that proves my point.

By the way, why can't you understand that it's "you're"?

Your point being your so confident of a dead cert you give it the massive and offer worse odds than the bookies.

Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #290 on: April 19, 2017, 08:52:14 am »

The FACT is, at this point we can stay up, or we can go down. you are the one making the assumption by declaring us safe when mathematically we are not.

It is a very unlikely scenario that would see us relegated, but its still a possibility. those that witnessed the relegation under Stuart Gray are familiar with those type of scenarios, and hence are cautious.

for the record - I think we will stay up, but to claim that we ARE safe, when mathematically we are not, is to make an assumption.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #291 on: April 19, 2017, 09:15:53 am »

I wouldn't put my house on it, would anyone?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
wrigleys

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #292 on: April 19, 2017, 09:46:35 am »

To add a bit of spice, literally, if we are relegated I commit to cutting off my penis, frying it and eating it with a bag of chips from the Bushland chippy. All on Facebook live. Any donations will go towards buying a small ceremonial coffin for my ex todger which will be displayed (I understand) on the end of season open bus celebrations
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
mitsymad

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 19, 2017, 10:02:49 am »

To add a bit of spice, literally, if we are relegated I commit to cutting off my ****, frying it and eating it with a bag of chips from the Bushland chippy. All on Facebook live. Any donations will go towards buying a small ceremonial coffin for my ex todger which will be displayed (I understand) on the end of season open bus celebrations

I've heard Oxford have booked a victory bus, maybe book a space on that 
Report Spam   Logged

RnFnR
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #294 on: April 19, 2017, 10:07:50 am »

I'll give you 200-1 anyone fancy sticking a tenner on us to go down? Easy money to dull the pain for all of you negative types.
how about if we get relegated you agree to donate £1000 to cobblers in the community?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #295 on: April 19, 2017, 10:29:39 am »

In order for us to be relegated we need to lose our last 2 games and Port Vale need to win their last 3 as we are 7 points ahead of them with a vastly superior goal difference (-10 to their -24). Port Vale have lost their last four games without scoring and have Bolton (H), Walsall (A) and Fleetwood (A) left to play. If they win those three they will deserve to stay up. One point of course will be enough for us to stay up, but with the way we are playing at the moment that might be difficult.

There are plenty of other teams below us of course and surely they can't all overtake us ? As always with the Cobblers though, you just never know.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #296 on: April 19, 2017, 10:49:40 am »

I notice that Bolton have scored once in the last 5 or 6 games and are really missing madine who is injured - hopefully he'll be back on Saturday. Looking at the striking options that bury have I can't believe they're where they are - Vaughan, pope and Ryan Lowe - and if we play anything like we did against millwall and Shrewsbury we are going to lose.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #297 on: April 19, 2017, 11:05:17 am »

I notice that Bolton have scored once in the last 5 or 6 games and are really missing madine who is injured - hopefully he'll be back on Saturday. Looking at the striking options that bury have I can't believe they're where they are - Vaughan, pope and Ryan Lowe - and if we play anything like we did against millwall and Shrewsbury we are going to lose.

Strange side Bury are!! Agreed, on paper they look to have decent options up front, but Pope has only scored 1 in his last 18, Lowe is 38 years old now and again has only scored a single goal since returning from Crewe.
Vaughan though has been the exception, 22 goals so far this season, yet only 1 in his last 6.

Bury's problems have been at the other end, 72 goals conceded. I suppose they're similar to us (70 conceded) in that people probably look at Richards and Revell with Matt Taylor and JJOT behind and then wonder why we have struggled this season too.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
CobblerTilIDie

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 19, 2017, 11:25:05 am »

PORT VALE HAVE WON ONCE AWAY FROM HOME ALL SEASON - AND THAT WAS SIX MONTHS AGO!!! They suddenly have to win both of their away games... and their final home game too... all against teams well above them in the table.

Bury also need to win both their games.

Shrewsbury also need to win both their games - the same Shrewsbury side who couldn't beat a poor 10 man Cobblers team on Monday.

Gillingham also need to beat us... and pick up something against Fleetwood.

Even Oldham need to pick up another win.

The table doesn't lie after 44 games - all of those teams average about 1 point per game.. they aren't all suddenly going to win together in the final couple of games!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #299 on: April 19, 2017, 11:26:43 am »

in that people probably look at Richards and Revell with Matt Taylor and JJOT behind and then wonder why we have struggled this season too.

i dont think anyone would be thinking that.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 79   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: