The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 20:22:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Relegation Watch

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 79   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 109065 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1160 on: April 08, 2018, 19:28:20 pm »

There's usually a team who are all but safe on 45, 6 or 7 points needing just 1 win in the last 6 for safety but dont get one, (we did it on our last relegation) I fear (hope) oldham could be the candidates this time.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1161 on: April 09, 2018, 06:33:48 am »

I predict a win at bury and then the old all too familiar abject defeat at Bury Grin

Apologies all😄 Sure you knew what I meant, win at Blackpool, lose at Bury, you heard it here first.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1162 on: April 09, 2018, 09:00:34 am »

My honest assesment is that we now have a management team that at last speak about what is required to get us out of this position we are in and have weeded our any weak links from the squad in terms of attitude .
I think we will play with more freedom and a bit more belief .
The question is , are we good enough .
There is a chance we could get on a roll if we score first at Blackpool .
My worry is the likes of Barnett , Turnbull, Hoskins , Powell and Foley are not division 1 standard and we may not make the cut .
It’s going to take a massive effort and really come from within
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1163 on: April 09, 2018, 09:30:10 am »

My honest assesment is that we now have a management team that at last speak about what is required to get us out of this position we are in and have weeded our any weak links from the squad in terms of attitude .
I think we will play with more freedom and a bit more belief .
The question is , are we good enough .
There is a chance we could get on a roll if we score first at Blackpool .
My worry is the likes of Barnett , Turnbull, Hoskins , Powell and Foley are not division 1 standard and we may not make the cut .
It’s going to take a massive effort and really come from within

I definitely think our squad is good enough to put out winning teams in the games we have left - and I wouldn't be concerned with including a couple from Turnbull, Hoskins , Powell and Foley in that team. The problem - for months now - is that I have been watching some decent players  on the pitch in Cobblers shirts, but on very few of those occasions have they looked anything like a team. Fingers crossed for a bit of inspired guidance - and a slice of luck.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1164 on: April 09, 2018, 09:57:04 am »

I definitely think our squad is good enough to put out winning teams in the games we have left - and I wouldn't be concerned with including a couple from Turnbull, Hoskins , Powell and Foley in that team. The problem - for months now - is that I have been watching some decent players  on the pitch in Cobblers shirts, but on very few of those occasions have they looked anything like a team. Fingers crossed for a bit of inspired guidance - and a slice of luck.
That’s true . We have had no pattern and there doesn’t appear to be a game plan .
I just hope the new management team have had enough time to do something about that .
It’s all about attitude and self belief now .
Are the loan players really up for this and have we got the spirit required in the dressing room .
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1165 on: April 09, 2018, 12:23:47 pm »

Very much. It's a case of which league do you want to be playing in next season? And the answer does not include a Welsh bench in the Premirship!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #1166 on: April 09, 2018, 18:11:22 pm »

I just hope the new management team have had enough time to do something about that .

If Austin keeps us up he deserves the freedom of the town and a massive bonus. Personally can’t see us getting even close but it’s good to have something to cling to. We’ll probably have a better idea in 27 hours time and whether it’s still ‘business as usual’.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #1167 on: April 09, 2018, 18:39:42 pm »

Hasn't Dean Austin been part of the management team since he joined?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest49

« Reply #1168 on: April 09, 2018, 18:43:18 pm »

Shhhhhh....I don’t think anyone has noticed. I’d imagine he’ll be on the same bus as Jimmy in a few weeks.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #1169 on: April 09, 2018, 19:04:48 pm »

Yes, correct. But managers tend to say how they want their teams to play and the coaches then coach accordingly. Dean Austin may have a totally different philosophy, we shall see in the next few games I guess.   
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #1170 on: April 10, 2018, 07:45:38 am »

Not sure Austin can keep us, though I am praying he does. He talks very well and comes across as someone who has a passion for the game, stating that you want players to play for the badge on the shirt is the sort of thing you want to hear from a manager. If we see vast improvements in the way of playing but he doesn't manage to keep us up then I would be happy for him to be given the role full time. If he keeps us up then I would love to see  him be given a chance to become the full time manager, I could be wrong but I think he could be just what we are looking for.
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1171 on: April 10, 2018, 07:56:03 am »

Yes, correct. But managers tend to say how they want their teams to play and the coaches then coach accordingly. Dean Austin may have a totally different philosophy, we shall see in the next few games I guess.   

Even if he didn't have an entirely different philosophy from JFH then, he should have now.

Putting player deficiencies aside, for me DAs first test is has he learned from JFHs failings.

If he just serves up more of the same (which surely he can't/won't) then he's failed from the start
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1172 on: April 10, 2018, 08:10:45 am »

If he can instill passion and commitment in the players, we will see an improvement. If he shows that he is his own man, that will be another plus. If he generally doesn't haul everyone back for corners, he gets my vote!

We have had several managers over the last few years that were big enough names and we thought they were the man to take us to higher levels. Manager egos are not a good quality. Prove that you are a leader and have the respect of the players (like Wilder). If he can do that, I'd be happy for him to stay and lead us next season - even if we are in L2.
Report Spam   Logged
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #1173 on: April 10, 2018, 08:23:39 am »

A lot of positive spin soundbites coming from the club however this means nothing without performances on the pitch. The reality is we need to win every game and given our form this season I can guarantee now that won't happen. A truly miserable season however we have changes so hopefully we can have a decent summer of re-building in the hope we can hit the ground running in August in what looks like a much weaker League 2 than previous years.
Report Spam   Logged
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1174 on: April 10, 2018, 15:37:11 pm »

Things will become a lot clearer tonight one way or another. I've had another look and victory for us tonight as well as the other results going for us would leave things looking a whole lot healthier.

If we can just plant doubt into the other's minds ahead of their games in hand...
Report Spam   Logged

The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1175 on: April 10, 2018, 15:43:08 pm »

For a doom and gloom scenario, what is the earliest we can be confirmed as relegated?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1176 on: April 10, 2018, 15:43:53 pm »

There's usually a team who are all but safe on 45, 6 or 7 points needing just 1 win in the last 6 for safety but dont get one, (we did it on our last relegation) I fear (hope) oldham could be the candidates this time.
No...you hope it is Oxford Utd!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1177 on: April 10, 2018, 15:49:06 pm »

For a doom and gloom scenario, what is the earliest we can be confirmed as relegated?

Difficult to say because of all the games in hand but I don't think it would officially happen until 2/3 games to go.
Report Spam   Logged

guest2487

« Reply #1178 on: April 10, 2018, 16:12:13 pm »

Get into them!
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1179 on: April 10, 2018, 16:34:33 pm »

Difficult to say because of all the games in hand but I don't think it would officially happen until 2/3 games to go.

Lets hope we start with a big win tonight, and we can be safe maybe by then ourselves.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 79   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: