The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:08:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Relegation Watch

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 79   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 107494 times)
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1260 on: April 18, 2018, 09:49:30 am »

I can't help but think we're all getting a bit over optimistic after just about beating the worst team in the league but I guess it is nice to have some hope, even for a while.

The below link on Experimental 361 is a good breakdown of what can still happen and the likelihood of each outcome, it really will be an astonishing escape if we pull this off.

https://experimental361.com/2018/04/17/whats-still-possible-17-april-2018

Note: This was done before last nights games, although I can't imagine it will have changed hugely
Agreed, they always say it's hope that kills you. We have the following against us, just stating the obvious.
We hardly ever manage to win.
Our goals difference is atrocious.
Most of the other candidates for relegation manage to pull off the odd win or two.
We've played more games than everyone else.

We're down folks, but yes lets give it all to support the lads on Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1261 on: April 18, 2018, 10:43:59 am »

Its very hard to put across a case for us being in a false position so I wont because were not, but on paper we have some decent players 1 to 11,  not world beaters but good solid pros who should have enough about them to scrape the 3 wins required.
We have to hope they collectively find form and a system that scrapes is over the line.
I can just about accept glorious failure but not going fown with out a fight.
My prediction is..
Relegated on goal difference.
Report Spam   Logged
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1262 on: April 18, 2018, 10:47:43 am »

We might as well throw caution to the wind now...it's all or nothing and I just want us to keep the chance of staying up going for a few more days at a time!

That gap to Oldham closing is crucial and if we close it to 2 points by the final day it sets up a huge game.

Speaking of which, am I right in saying that Sky will televise some of the last round of games? If the top two and playoffs are sorted and we're in the above position is there the outside chance of getting on?
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1263 on: April 18, 2018, 13:40:12 pm »

We might as well throw caution to the wind now...it's all or nothing and I just want us to keep the chance of staying up going for a few more days at a time!

That gap to Oldham closing is crucial and if we close it to 2 points by the final day it sets up a huge game.

Speaking of which, am I right in saying that Sky will televise some of the last round of games? If the top two and playoffs are sorted and we're in the above position is there the outside chance of getting on?
Blackburn Rovers v Oxford United
As far as I know, the above is the chosen SKY live game.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1264 on: April 18, 2018, 13:50:22 pm »

My prediction is..
Relegated on goal difference.

see, your not as bitter and twisted as everyone thinks................my prediction is 3 defeats.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #1265 on: April 18, 2018, 14:02:35 pm »

We'll take it to the last game v Oldham and then get relegated. It's the Cobblers way.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1266 on: April 18, 2018, 14:21:48 pm »

We'll take it to the last game v Oldham and then get relegated. It's the Cobblers way.
1-2 KVV 96th min OG to send us down V Oldham
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
guest2995

« Reply #1267 on: April 18, 2018, 14:59:48 pm »

The home games against Gillingham , Oxford , Rotherham and Rochdale were the turning points .
The inept , spineless performances deserved all the criticism they got and much more .
JFH seemed to think they were unjustified along with some happy clappers on here , but those games have sent us into the trouble we are in .
Fleetwood away was also pathetic .
All of these games followed the big money signings that were total flops from beginning to end .
The booing was justified , even though I didn’t participate personally
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: April 18, 2018, 18:12:22 pm »

The home games against Gillingham , Oxford , Rotherham and Rochdale were the turning points .
The inept , spineless performances deserved all the criticism they got and much more .
JFH seemed to think they were unjustified along with some happy clappers on here , but those games have sent us into the trouble we are in .
Fleetwood away was also pathetic .
All of these games followed the big money signings that were total flops from beginning to end .
The booing was justified , even though I didn’t participate personally
I'd say it started with a shockingly inept performance ending in a last minute defeat at the Greenhous...those pathetic orange shirts must shoulder a fair proportion of the blame!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Cobblersmad

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #1269 on: April 18, 2018, 18:49:32 pm »

Come on everyone, where's the spirit of 2014?Huh?? After the last minute Wimbledon goal that made it 2-2 in March that season I thought that was it. I thought we were dead and buried, but then we beat Burton, beat Dagenham, beat Oxford, and survived.
We haven't had much luck this season, but I honestly believe we got a huge slice of it with the game last night ending with a draw. Seeing as we play both Walsall and Oldham, I don't think we should be giving up just yet.
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #1270 on: April 18, 2018, 19:12:50 pm »

with that many turning points we're going round in circles...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1271 on: April 18, 2018, 19:34:28 pm »

Come on everyone, where's the spirit of 2014?Huh?? After the last minute Wimbledon goal that made it 2-2 in March that season I thought that was it. I thought we were dead and buried, but then we beat Burton, beat Dagenham, beat Oxford, and survived.
We haven't had much luck this season, but I honestly believe we got a huge slice of it with the game last night ending with a draw. Seeing as we play both Walsall and Oldham, I don't think we should be giving up just yet.
The problem is , the players haven't got the spirit of 2014 and so neither have the supporters
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1272 on: April 18, 2018, 19:45:36 pm »

Unfortunately I think the spirit of 2014 can be found on the bench at bramhall lane.
Report Spam   Logged
goatspicy

View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: April 18, 2018, 19:56:43 pm »

I think you're right sadly
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1274 on: April 18, 2018, 21:07:26 pm »

I think you're right sadly

Well, I don't - it beats me how some of you, generally it's the select few; come on here to whine & moan whenever you have the chance. Some of you have the audacity to serve it up as an opinion. Even worse are those who state they are merely pointing out the obvious and are curiously adapt in using the royal 'we' as if they speak for one and all. From last Saturday we have been given a slender piece of hope - is it too much to ask to give the negativity a rest at least until 5pm Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: April 18, 2018, 21:36:45 pm »

Well, I don't - it beats me how some of you, generally it's the select few; come on here to whine & moan whenever you have the chance. Some of you have the audacity to serve it up as an opinion. Even worse are those who state they are merely pointing out the obvious and are curiously adapt in using the royal 'we' as if they speak for one and all. From last Saturday we have been given a slender piece of hope - is it too much to ask to give the negativity a rest at least until 5pm Saturday.

Aren't you being very negative about your fellow posters on here Nevers?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 18, 2018, 21:41:00 pm »

If we draw with Plymouth then we need two of the following four scenarios to happen (as well as us beating Walsall and Oldham):

- Wimbledon lose all their remaining games (Oldham H, Wigan A, Doncaster A, Bury H)
- Walsall pick up a maximum of 1 point from their remaining games (not against us) (Scunny A, Northampton H, Bradford A, Fleetwood A)
- Oldham pick up a maximum of 2 points from their remaining games (not against us) (Wimbledon A, Southend H, Doncaster H, Northampton A)
- Rochdale pick up a maximum of 3 points from their remaining games ( Bradford H, Plymouth H, Oxford A, Charlton H)

A win against Plymouth and it's all to play for.

Agreed a win and its all to play for...as long as the others don't win too!!

Just on the above though...its really needing two from three out of four scenarios.....as Wimbledon can't lose all their games and Oldham pick up a maximum of two points.

If Wimbledon do lose all their games then Oldham have beaten them and therefore got at least three points!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 18, 2018, 21:45:27 pm »

Aren't you being very negative about your fellow posters on here Nevers?  Wink

I said a few not all - pretty negative comment from you. If the hat fits...................
Report Spam   Logged

Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #1278 on: April 18, 2018, 22:04:45 pm »

Just for once in your life nevers get your head out of the clouds and look at reality!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 18, 2018, 22:48:40 pm »

I can't help but think we're all getting a bit over optimistic after just about beating the worst team in the league but I guess it is nice to have some hope, even for a while.

The below link on Experimental 361 is a good breakdown of what can still happen and the likelihood of each outcome, it really will be an astonishing escape if we pull this off.

https://experimental361.com/2018/04/17/whats-still-possible-17-april-2018

Note: This was done before last nights games, although I can't imagine it will have changed hugely

Strange comment by you as there are several on here who have no hope at all I doubt too many are getting carried away by a slightly lucky win at Bury!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 79   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: