The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:26:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Relegation Watch

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 79   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 107596 times)
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1360 on: April 24, 2018, 20:49:46 pm »

So as I see it worst case scenario lose sat and Dale get a point we are down? But.. defo game on!!

Yep down in all but name if that happened. Bloody goal difference!!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1361 on: April 24, 2018, 20:49:57 pm »

Yep - I was most worried about Oldham's game and that turned out to be the best result of the night!

Rochdale finish with a couple of tricky ones at Oxford and home to Charlton - let's hope Charlton haven't confirmed a playoff place yet by the last day.

Hard to beat that set of results - even Rochdale home point is ok - imo!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #1362 on: April 24, 2018, 21:07:28 pm »

A shame Plymouth couldn't do us a bigger favour but overall I'll gladly take tonight's set of results!
Being as though they could have slammed the door firmly shut on us on Saturday I find it hard and quite ungrateful to criticise them at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
guest3114

« Reply #1363 on: April 24, 2018, 21:17:36 pm »

Forget all the scenarios and he said she said etc, it’s all irrelevant, this is now back in our own hands. From where we were we are in dreamland, come on boys!
Report Spam   Logged
SBJ

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 24, 2018, 21:27:18 pm »

Somewhere on the 'Jimmy Floyd is sacked' thread I posted that I was optimistic with 5 games left. I think one other person said yes maybe not all doom, you never know, and everyone else said nah that's rubbish we're down for sure. Good to see more people starting to feel positive! I'm sure the players see it that way too, as that'll make them feel like anything's possible when they go out for the final two games. Always hard to beat a team who feel that momentum/fate/fortune is with them.   
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #1365 on: April 24, 2018, 21:35:12 pm »

Somewhere on the 'Jimmy Floyd is sacked' thread I posted that I was optimistic with 5 games left. I think one other person said yes maybe not all doom, you never know, and everyone else said nah that's rubbish we're down for sure. Good to see more people starting to feel positive! I'm sure the players see it that way too, as that'll make them feel like anything's possible when they go out for the final two games. Always hard to beat a team who feel that momentum/fate/fortune is with them.   
Well said Dean, you and the players are about to become immortal!
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1366 on: April 24, 2018, 23:23:35 pm »

Looking at the fixtures I think two wins will get us over the line. I can't really see Walsall getting four points from two tough away games. If we win on Saturday it'll then be a 'winner stays up' scenario against Oldham on the last day. Rochdale deserve a lot of credit given their congested schedule, it's not easy playing catch up. They've not lost on the road since February and I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Oxford on Saturday (although I really do hope I'm wrong). I fancy Dale to stay up, so if we get our two wins I think it'll be Oldham and Walsall that go down.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 23:25:29 pm by crazycobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #1367 on: April 24, 2018, 23:52:43 pm »

Looking at the fixtures I think two wins will get us over the line. I can't really see Walsall getting four points from two tough away games. If we win on Saturday it'll then be a 'winner stays up' scenario against Oldham on the last day. Rochdale deserve a lot of credit given their congested schedule, it's not easy playing catch up. They've not lost on the road since February and I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Oxford on Saturday (although I really do hope I'm wrong). I fancy Dale to stay up, so if we get our two wins I think it'll be Oldham and Walsall that go down.
There’s no way both Rochdale and Walsall will get a win and a draw in their last 2 games. I’m telling you, this is back in our hands! Wimbledon ain’t safe either. The way they are going beating Bury away on the last day of the season isn’t a given? I think they will lose at Wigan and possibly Donny, draw at Bury and we’re above them an all.
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1368 on: April 25, 2018, 00:53:17 am »

Jolly exciting isn't it?!

Am I the only one who always finds relegation battles far more nerve wracking and exciting than promotion battles? (Possibly playoffs excluded.)
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
guest170

« Reply #1369 on: April 25, 2018, 06:25:41 am »

Lots of talk about what the other teams might do but we have 2 games to win first or its all meaningless. Neither will be easy and we have to show the same determination that we did on Saturday and not the determination from the rest of the season.

That said Austin seems to have got something going so hopefully we can continue the hunt
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1370 on: April 25, 2018, 06:25:51 am »

Jolly exciting isn't it?!

Am I the only one who always finds relegation battles far more nerve wracking and exciting than promotion battles? (Possibly playoffs excluded.)

Northampton fans are at their best when its backs against the wall time, the best atmospheres I have seen at sixfields have been when we are hanging onto our league status for dear life.
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1371 on: April 25, 2018, 06:30:13 am »

Win, lose or draw, looking forward to a good end of season away day... (obviously the first option is the preference of choice though)
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest49

« Reply #1372 on: April 25, 2018, 06:39:38 am »

Northampton fans are at their best when its backs against the wall time, the best atmospheres I have seen at sixfields have been when we are hanging onto our league status for dear life.

When fans, players and fans come together in joy or adversity it’s when football is at its best.
Despite this bunch getting us in this mess and creating a horrid season, it could have an amazing happy ending. We can dream.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1373 on: April 25, 2018, 06:48:21 am »

bristol rovers in the play offs is still the best atmosphere at sixfields, by a mile.

but in general i believe you are right, as it backs against the wall that night as well.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1374 on: April 25, 2018, 06:51:27 am »

The fact is , we still need 52 points and two wins .
Anything less and we probably will still go down .
Good to see others faltering though .
Report Spam   Logged
forever cobb

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 25, 2018, 07:03:17 am »

believe, believe,I loath wanting other teams to lose but thats the only way we'll stay up after last nights results, its game on again. Give them a big cheer on Saturday, I will be there in spirit, having to work again when my boys need me hurts. I will be there  for the Oldham game no matter what.
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1376 on: April 25, 2018, 07:05:20 am »

The worry for me is as soon as our fate is back in our own hands, we'll fukc it up lol
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1377 on: April 25, 2018, 08:42:46 am »

It’s all about momentum and belief , both with the players and supporters .
It’s currently with us and Rochdale and against Oldham and Walsall .
It just shows you what a change of management can do and also a policy of playing lads that want desperately to do well as opposed to hide and moan .
Everyone suddenly believes and I never thought I would say that this season
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1378 on: April 25, 2018, 08:46:55 am »

It's the opposite of the Gary Johnson season when we plummeted from mid table safety to a relegation battle to stay in L2.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 25, 2018, 09:18:05 am »

It’s all about momentum and belief , both with the players and supporters .
It’s currently with us and Rochdale and against Oldham and Walsall .
It just shows you what a change of management can do and also a policy of playing lads that want desperately to do well as opposed to hide and moan .
Everyone suddenly believes and I never thought I would say that this season

I'm trying to keep myself in check now as it's the belief that kills us  Grin

I really did think we were dead and buried after Posh and even more so after Blackpool so the fact we are back in with a shout of safety is unbelievable.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 79   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: