The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:36:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Relegation Watch

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 107488 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1500 on: January 23, 2019, 17:42:47 pm »

Never understood that thinking. How on earth can it be good for us or any other club to go down. There were fans on this very board that said that last season. If we dropped into the Conference the drop in income would be a bigger catastrophy than last seasons relegation

I always find that Irchy generally has an unfortunate negative attitude; it can make for depressing reading.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 17:44:35 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1501 on: January 23, 2019, 18:26:39 pm »

I always find that Irchy generally has an unfortunate negative attitude; it can make for depressing reading.

Thanks for that completely unwarranted personal comment - much appreciated and shows what an unpleasant, obnoxious, contrarian you really are (and if you actually read the post that prompted the comment from St Edmondsbury I was making a point against the theory that going down could be a good thing).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 18:29:17 pm by Irchy cob » Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #1502 on: January 23, 2019, 19:49:30 pm »

Thanks for that completely unwarranted personal comment - much appreciated and shows what an unpleasant, obnoxious, contrarian you really are (and if you actually read the post that prompted the comment from St Edmondsbury I was making a point against the theory that going down could be a good thing).

Absolutely agree with you and St Eds. Relegation to non league would be catastrophic for us. It's quite concerning how often people say " the away games will be fun". I imagine the charm of Barrow and Braintree would pretty quickly disappear.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1503 on: January 23, 2019, 19:56:01 pm »

Absolutely agree with you and St Eds. Relegation to non league would be catastrophic for us. It's quite concerning how often people say " the away games will be fun". I imagine the charm of Barrow and Braintree would pretty quickly disappear.
It won't be Braintree!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: January 24, 2019, 11:03:34 am »

Crikey that's a bit over the top!
Report Spam   Logged

Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 24, 2019, 11:22:30 am »

Not really - I think of you canvass opinion on the board most would agree. There was no need for your unprovoked post, I still can’t work out why you singled me out for special treatment but I’ll take it as a badge of honour.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1506 on: January 24, 2019, 11:47:31 am »

Not really. 
I'd advise you to re-read your posts before you click on the 'post' button, you may not need to delete so many of them if you did.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 11:51:11 am by Deepcut Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1507 on: January 25, 2019, 00:06:03 am »

Not really. 
I'd advise you to re-read your posts before you click on the 'post' button, you may not need to delete so many of them if you did.
  Grin Grin Grin Cecils been rumbled...
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1508 on: January 25, 2019, 17:38:00 pm »

Poor old Evers went in for a hip op and they gave him a lobotomy  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #1509 on: January 25, 2019, 18:54:00 pm »

Poor old Evers went in for a hip op and they gave him a lobotomy  Grin

I just spat my beer over the keyboard you bugger  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: January 25, 2019, 19:56:12 pm »

Cool So thats the usual threesome : Feely, Manny and new boy Singing Cobbler
How on earth the first two dont get 'rollickings' from the Mods is beyond me. Friends in high places.................suspicious Wink
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: January 26, 2019, 17:03:49 pm »

The gap actually widened by that point today.....7 points clear of Macclesfield with 17 games to go.

Next three games look tough though.....Col U at home, Tranmere and then Lincoln away. All those are in the top 10.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest2677

« Reply #1512 on: January 26, 2019, 17:08:27 pm »

What do we need to stay up...will 12/13 points from 17 games do us?
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: January 26, 2019, 17:15:53 pm »

The gap actually widened by that point today.....7 points clear of Macclesfield with 17 games to go.

Next three games look tough though.....Col U at home, Tranmere and then Lincoln away. All those are in the top 10.

The Tranmere game being our game in hand. Everyone is beatable in this division, you never know!
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: January 26, 2019, 18:01:38 pm »

I see the 'football man extraordinaire' who builds bog doors and like cardoza before him has people believing he saves clubs from playing on the racecourse, was in attendance today.
Meeting a buyer? Securing more free council land?

It seems a long time since he inherited that great squad and management team from Cardoza.

I dont think I can stomach much more of Thomas's secretive vision for ntfc.
Hopefully it won't be for much longer.

Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: January 26, 2019, 18:36:49 pm »

I see the 'football man extraordinaire' who builds bog doors and like cardoza before him has people believing he saves clubs from playing on the racecourse, was in attendance today.
Meeting a buyer? Securing more free council land?

It seems a long time since he inherited that great squad and management team from Cardoza.

I dont think I can stomach much more of Thomas's secretive vision for ntfc.
Hopefully it won't be for much longer.

What has this got to do with "Relegation Watch" ? F*** all is the answer, it's just you spinning your web of bitterness yet again across another thread. How very sad you are!
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: January 26, 2019, 18:52:18 pm »

What has this got to do with "Relegation Watch" ? F*** all is the answer, it's just you spinning your web of bitterness yet again across another thread. How very sad you are!
Our inability to compete in the upper half of the 4th tier has everything to do with it.
We are not 7 points above the abyss because we're doing things right.
But no argument against the latter part of your post Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: January 26, 2019, 19:23:38 pm »

Our inability to compete in the upper half of the 4th tier has everything to do with it.
We are not 7 points above the abyss because we're doing things right.
But no argument against the latter part of your post Kiss

You get relegated for finishing anywhere in the bottom half of the table nowadays do you?
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: January 26, 2019, 20:44:00 pm »

You get relegated for finishing anywhere in the bottom half of the table nowadays do you?
Yes, relegated to the also rans of football who have s***e owners. Hope that helps.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: January 27, 2019, 11:47:09 am »

The leagues oldest club Notts County are adrift at the bottom of the league, and their next few fixtures are not easy!!

Home against Lincoln next Saturday, then a trip to Forest Green, before a derby against Mansfield and another home game against Newport to follow. They end February with a trip to Tranmere. They could be well adrift by the end of next month.

Only 4 games in February for Macclesfield, away at Mansfield followed by home games with Crewe and Colchester before a trip to Crawley.

Morecambe go to Oldham before hosting Bury, travel to Port Vale and welcome Lincoln.

Yeovil, who have only played 28 and have 6 games in February, trips to Stevenage and Cheltenham before hosting Grimsby. Two more away games follow at Oldham and Forest Green before they are at home again against Cambridge.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: