The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 22:24:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bashing the Burslem ( H 14/03/17)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bashing the Burslem ( H 14/03/17)  (Read 11470 times)
andycobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2017, 22:24:51 pm »

Apart from the 1st 5mins and a short spell in the 2nd half Vale were poor. Deserved win and 3pts from safety. Season over v oxolano and a pre season to look forward to.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2017, 22:33:58 pm »

Not one of our best performances, but for once we got the right result when playing poorly.

Had pretty much all of the chances, Rico could not hit a barn door tonight, but he and Smith held it up well and chased down all night. They were let down by nobody being close to them at all.

Keshi had a great chance to score but fluffed his lines again, did some things well but didn't look up for it.

The defence did well, Zander and Phillips outstanding (scored with his attempted cross). JJ had one of those games again where he would give the ball away, make two amazing tackles to win it back and then give it away again. Williams looked a little lost out wide, he needs to be playing where Keshi was at the top of the diamond (if it was one).

I thought Taylor hassled well today, as much as his legs would let him. Some poor passes and touch (combined with lunging foul attempts afterwards) but 100% effort and commitment which is all you can ask for. Took full advantage of their keeper not paying attention with his long range blast.

Ref and lino were f***ing awful, they seemed to have hold of Smith and Rico at every opportunity and we didn't seem to get many free kicks from this.

All in all a superb result for us, but still not quite performing. JE has done well in guiding us to (relative) safety since coming in, hopefully we can keep this run of results going until the end of the season.

All in all
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2017, 22:35:16 pm »

Thanks Doc and Ralph, but what I'm after is what you used to find on Sporting Life and in newspapers, with one nice easy list of the matches saying the score, who scored any red cards and the attendance.  Basically what any footie fan would want.  Its not too much to ask is it?  I'm not even that fussed about what minute the goal was in.

Used to get that off teletext...  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2017, 23:00:50 pm »

Well ,the Burslem will be sore for a few days after that.

Not the most entertaining game ever but a deserved 3 points against a poor side. I think that the Skip challenge needs a tweak. I suggest adding some turpentine and a lit match to it.
Report Spam   Logged
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2017, 23:05:05 pm »

His 100th game straight today.
As opposed to his 100th game gay? Am I allowed to say that? Don't give a fcuk if I'm not!
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2017, 23:09:56 pm »

Goals...

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10802292/northampton-2-1-port-vale
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2017, 23:12:15 pm »

3 points thanks to a touch of class from Taylor

Special mention to Michael Brown for spending 90 minutes trying to intimidate the officials .... Just a sh1t Neil Warnock ....  everything thats wrong with the modern game.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2017, 23:17:10 pm »

As opposed to his 100th game gay?

You seem fixated on the subject. It's OK though, the Hotel End is for everybody. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2017, 23:19:26 pm »

3 points thanks to a touch of class from Taylor

Special mention to Michael Brown for spending 90 minutes trying to intimidate the officials .... Just a sh1t Neil Warnock ....  everything thats wrong with the modern game.

Agree entirely - brown, Morgan and Kelly spent the whole match tag teaming to abuse the fourth official, quite why he didn't call the referee over at any point I have no idea - might have been a sado masochist I suppose. Such a relief to get the win in what was a pretty poor and disjointed performance. Still not sure why Edinburgh left it so long before realising that the diamond wasn't working. One of the main things he's going to have to prioritise in the summer is pace, especially in the wide areas.
Report Spam   Logged
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2017, 23:24:12 pm »

You seem fixated on the subject. It's OK though, the Hotel End is for everybody. Wink
Just trying to be humorous. What makes you think that I am "fixated with the subject"? Just curious....as opposed to bi curious! That's another attempt at humour!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2017, 23:27:41 pm »

We were very average tonight and virtually without any cutting edge .
We are also very laboured in our passing .
On the plus side we defended quite well and produced the only bit of skill to win the game .
We need more width and the passing has to be crisper .
Good to win though
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2017, 23:31:36 pm »

We were very average tonight and virtually without any cutting edge .
We are also very laboured in our passing .
On the plus side we defended quite well and produced the only bit of skill to win the game .
We need more width and the passing has to be crisper .
Good to win though

Your man Taylor again Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Bertie

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2017, 23:31:53 pm »

Slightly fortuitous win against a limited, but hard working, Vale side - who I think will stay up. Defence did Ok - midfield didn't really work. Williams and JJ mixture of good and indifferent, Taylor did OK and great goal, Keshi very hit and miss - mostly miss. The defence managed to put the ball into orbit at every opportunity - while the midfielders and DB hardly got a cross over the first defender.  
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2017, 23:36:47 pm »

Two stunning goals, both contenders for goal of the season and shutting up the idiot in the Upper West who kept shouting "get Taylor off"...until he scored!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2017, 23:37:02 pm »

Slightly fortuitous win against a limited, but hard working, Vale side - who I think will stay up. Defence did Ok - midfield didn't really work. Williams and JJ mixture of good and indifferent, Taylor did OK and great goal, Keshi very hit and miss - mostly miss. The defence managed to put the ball into orbit at every opportunity - while the midfielders and DB hardly got a cross over the first defender.  

Just out of interest who would you have going down with Coventry, chesterfield and Swindon?
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2017, 23:45:02 pm »

Two stunning goals, both contenders for goal of the season and shutting up the idiot in the Upper West who kept shouting "get Taylor off"...until he scored!  Grin

The lad with the questionable barnet that was. After he scored he was claiming to have been singing his praises throughout!
Report Spam   Logged
Bertie

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2017, 23:55:32 pm »

On looking more carefully at the table hat might have been a bit of a rash statement! Would love it to be the Donks, but that's too much to hope for, however - reckon the Gills and the Addicks have a bit of a deathwish about them, and Vale vs Shrews on friday is a real six pointer, whoever loses that is in trouble.
Report Spam   Logged
Starmer87

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2017, 00:04:31 am »

not Taylor's biggest fan but his last 3 games are a massive improvement for me. fair play to him.possibly motm
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2017, 02:36:43 am »

Awful game mostly but my over-riding emotion at the end of it was a genuine joyfulness at getting all 3 points, making it most unlikely our much-loved Cobblers will be relegated. I can't stand this diamond formation stuff that I hardly understand, all I know is that it stifles flowing play and leaves weird holes that unsettle me BUT sod it, 3 points.
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2017, 07:41:41 am »

they was absolute crap at our place

But have scored 8 in their last two... Away from home.... And ended Fleetwoods run.... I'll take a point
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: