The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:43:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

2017/18 season tickets.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017/18 season tickets.  (Read 5608 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 20:23:11 pm »

Good news and well done KT and co!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 20:42:10 pm »

Well done NTFC. Got a lot of time for KT.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 22:49:57 pm »

It'll be announced on the club website rather then word of mouth. Most likely after we've confirmed our division next year. If we stay up though expect a decent hike in prices.

Anything else we should be expecting? Just so I can bet on the complete opposite.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 22:57:31 pm »

Well if you're happy with us struggling to compete financially again then good on you
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
andycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 22:59:36 pm »

Great news, well done KT and bah humbug to those who think otherwise.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2017, 23:07:45 pm »

Well if you're happy with us struggling to compete financially again then good on you

You seen Bradford City's season ticket prices? How are they doing?

Yes yes yes, I know, bigger capacity, but how often have we sold out a league game this season. I'd rather have 4000 season ticket holders at current prices rather than 2000 at inflated prices.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 23:30:02 pm by Cobbler78 » Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2017, 23:15:17 pm »

Yeah, I dunno how they're doing it

http://www.pulse1.co.uk/news/local-sport/german-investors-to-takeover-bradford-city1/
Report Spam   Logged

Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2017, 23:23:15 pm »

They've been doing cheap season tickets for years. Now look at their fanbase. But hey, if you'd prefer 2000 blokes in red trousers rocking up at Sixfields in their Range Rovers with their £600+ season tickets then fair enough, each to their own I suppose, everyones different. I'd prefer 4000 season ticket holders at current prices (or lower) reducing the supply of the remaining tickets and making them a hot ticket that people are scrambling to get their hands on.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:21:26 am by Cobbler78 » Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2017, 23:24:38 pm »

You'll prefer 5000 in your next post.
Report Spam   Logged

#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2017, 23:35:17 pm »

The answer here is simple (no not him), if you don't like the price you are paying (not enough) simply pay as much as you like over the top on the ticket price you are asked to pay.
Report Spam   Logged
Starmer87

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2017, 23:52:45 pm »

Just charge away fans more. F*Ck em.22 quid to stand up at Fleetwood f*ck the lot of em
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 23:55:07 pm by Starmer87 » Report Spam   Logged
Starmer87

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2017, 23:59:08 pm »

The answer here is simple (no not him), if you don't like the price you are paying (not enough) simply pay as much as you like over the top on the ticket price you are asked to pay.
well said can't believe people are complaining that they are not paying more. Bizarre or what soon be on here moaning that they gotta pay an extra 50 quid if it was the case
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:57:45 am by Starmer87 » Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2017, 07:40:36 am »

Just increase all prices.
Even when sixfields is full we are not making enough revenue to be competitive transfer wise.
Either accept paying current prices and prepare for league two football eventually or embrace the fact we are no longer a basement club and pay the extra accordingly.
If the board cannot find the extra revenue to help us compete themselves then they have to raise it somehow.
I'm beginning to think some on here would prefer to be playing league two football as long as it meant prices not going up!!
It's all very well KT trumpeting price freezes but when we want to sign that extra quality to compete we find ourselves unable to and rely on a succession of players borrowed from other teams.

If we want success it comes at a cost and we as fans should realise this.
The current prices only allow for a hotch potch of a team at this level with half a team not contracted to us.
They are the stark realities.
If you want a Northampton town team you can be proud of with players contracted to the club then prices must increase.
If you want a half arsed attempt at being a league one club with few saleable contracted assets leading to an inevitable downward spiral then keep on the same path.
Don't moan if the inevitable happens though!!
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2017, 08:17:30 am »

No point increasing ticket prices if the result is less people attend. Freezing ticket prices is a good thing. Some people seem to be upset because they were hoping to have something to moan about.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2017, 09:09:28 am »

No point increasing ticket prices if the result is less people attend.

if you put them up by a grand each and one less person goes - that seems like a fair point for doing it?!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2017, 09:14:11 am »

I would say the club need to be much stricter with the people that but children's season tickets and give them to adults to get in at vastly reduced rates .
As far as I know , no one has been caught doing this and it goes on all the time .
They never check on the gate .
It's ripping the club off and I have written to KT telling him so .
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2017, 09:26:34 am »

No point increasing ticket prices if the result is less people attend. Freezing ticket prices is a good thing. Some people seem to be upset because they were hoping to have something to moan about.
you like to pass yourself off as an intelligent person, how do you suggest the club competes while only generating the same level of turnstile income as 6 years ago? If they'd have put them up by 50 quid i think most normal people would have thought "that's not too bad, we're a league above and they've frozen prices for 5 years or so"
Report Spam   Logged

guest2677

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2017, 09:28:54 am »

I would say the club need to be much stricter with the people that but children's season tickets and give them to adults to get in at vastly reduced rates .
As far as I know , no one has been caught doing this and it goes on all the time .
They never check on the gate .
It's ripping the club off and I have written to KT telling him so .
Agreed.
And why does a kid under 7 get in for free whilst a kid under 12 pay 50 quid. Why does someone under 21 automatically pay less than an adult regardless of status and why is there a separate price for under 18's?
It has always seemed an over complicated system to me.
By comparison Bradford only have three price bands to our six (not including disabled season ticket prices).
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2017, 09:36:49 am »

Agreed.
And why does a kid under 7 get in for free whilst a kid under 12 pay 50 quid. Why does someone under 21 automatically pay less than an adult regardless of status and why is there a separate price for under 18's?
It has always seemed an over complicated system to me.
By comparison Bradford only have three price bands to our six (not including disabled season ticket prices).

Yes , don't get me wrong , I support encouraging young supporters and families but the club need to control things better at the gate .
The system doesn't work and people are getting away with it week after week .
The same happens at the Saints . It's half price to get on as a pensioner and they don't check .
Not bothered about them being ripped off but I am about the Cobblers
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2017, 10:30:22 am »

Just increase all prices. No
Even when sixfields is full we are not making enough revenue to be competitive transfer wise.Make it some other way then
Either accept paying current prices and prepare for league two football eventually or embrace the fact we are no longer a basement club and pay the extra accordingly.Pay more for your ticket , no one will stop you
If the board cannot find the extra revenue to help us compete themselves then they have to raise it somehow.yes SOMEHOW
I'm beginning to think some on here would prefer to be playing league two football as long as it meant prices not going up!! stop thinking then
It's all very well KT trumpeting price freezes but when we want to sign that extra quality to compete we find ourselves unable to and rely on a succession of players borrowed from other teams.blame the premier league hording all of the better players,have you seen the size of their squads?

If we want success it comes at a cost and we as fans should realise this.
The current prices only allow for a hotch potch of a team at this level with half a team not contracted to us.
They are the stark realities.
If you want a Northampton town team you can be proud of with players contracted to the club then prices must increase.
If you want a half arsed attempt at being a league one club with few saleable contracted assets leading to an inevitable downward spiral then keep on the same path.
Don't moan if the inevitable happens though!!

You sound like a medieval preacher. Do this or you will all go to hell.

We are on the up and this has been done with no increase. Stop talking s***e.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:32:23 am by #Frank » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: