The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 07:14:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Leon Lobjoit

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leon Lobjoit  (Read 11114 times)
SteveRiches

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2017, 13:07:47 pm »

Same size ball, same size goal. I don't subscribe to 'protecting' youngsters from the rigours of League One when the seniors already there have been unable to score a goal of their own in open play for so long that more of the same just shows suicidal tendencies.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2017, 18:55:42 pm »

Throwing untried youthful teenagers into the scrap is not a good idea. Had they impressed in training no doubt they would have been given the opportunity.
If Rico or Revell are impressing in training, then I must be watching different games.
At what point does the word "untried" no longer become relevant ? All players are untried up to a point. And if the two lads are scoring, then they should be given the opportunity. Because no one else is scoring at the mo.
Ivan Toney took his chance when it was offered, its time to see if Leon and Joe are up to it.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2017, 19:11:56 pm »

If they're not going to be tried then there's no point them being here.

Both of them have performed well at their respective loan clubs, hopefully the plan was to put them up against better opposition (although at the levels they are playing at thats debatable) see them do well and then introduce them into the first team squad here.

Seems like both have done all that they could do whilst they've been away.......had they been playing and failing to score then that would have said something. But the fact is both strikers have gone to their clubs and scored goals. Get them back, get them integrated and get them playing for NTFC....when we have the OAP's firing blanks up front it really is a no brainer!! Get them back now...and if they fail to perform by January what have we lost?? If one or both do perform it might make looking for a decent striker in the January sales not such an important issue as it currently appears. We might actually save ourselves a bit of money too!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2017, 19:16:20 pm »

The danger of playing them is that they wouldn't win many balls fired at their head. Someone would have to play the ball to feet or into the channels on that lovely pitch.

Can't see it but would like to.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest49

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2017, 19:54:49 pm »

It's another area JFH is getting a relatively 'easy ride'. Regardless of being an ex-striker of quality, he is currently managing one of our most sterile attacks in recent years, maybe ever! I know they aren't his signings but it may be no different to ex-defenders don't necessarily make the best defensive coaches.
If at least one of them isn't worth a place on the bench then they must be seriously off the pace, or he just doesn't rate them.
What an ideal opportunity to send a message to the players who rolled over last Saturday. It's not as though he has played a settled side so far.
Even if one played and had a poor game it's hardly going to destroy their confidence or be held against him.
The fact that many seem to think Hoskins is going to be our saviour speaks volumes of the hole we are in. I like him but it shows how much we have regressed since Wilder.
I'd rather see a centre half up front than R&R ever again!
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2017, 21:09:26 pm »

How would people assess Lobjoits (or Joes) potential compared to Toneys when he was thrown in?

I was genuinely excited when we signed Lobjoit, pretty disappointed he's not been given a proper chance. Especially when we've known that Rico and or Revs haven't worked for a long time now....
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2017, 21:37:14 pm »

The danger of playing them is that they wouldn't win many balls fired at their head. Someone would have to play the ball to feet or into the channels on that lovely pitch.

Can't see it but would like to.

And how many balls have Richards and or Revell won arieally? ?? Very very few I would have said
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2017, 02:40:46 am »

Same size ball, same size goal. I don't subscribe to 'protecting' youngsters from the rigours of League One when the seniors already there have been unable to score a goal of their own in open play for so long that more of the same just shows suicidal tendencies.
I wouldn’t play either of them Steve. I honestly think Harry Kane would struggle upfront for us at the minute? We just don’t create enough quality chances. Imagine if we had put either of them upfront last Saturday and the same thing would have happened? They would need a back bone of tungsten not to be affected by that, it could be the ruination of them? The problem at the moment in my book is creativity, and we need to be blooding those lads in a side playing well and with confidence. Chucking them in as Northampton Towns last hope comes at a risk that I wouldn’t take personally, although I fully understand the arguments for doing so. Having made my point I’m off to run for cover!
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2017, 05:53:48 am »

I agree with Melbourne Cobbler. Here and now and all that…

By my reckoning, these two lads will be back for the Blackpool game. The two matches that follow are the FA Cup game and the silly game v Southampton under21's.

IF they continue to perform well for their respective non league teams between now and when they return, then theres 2 cup games that Id be looking to potentially give them a chance in. Dependent on the draw for the FA Cup to a degree, but certainly in the tinpot game straight afterwards.

For now, the creativity is the real issue. By the point of their return, hopefully McGguan will be up and running properly, JJ would have returned and Hoskins will also be fully functional. Failing those likelihood's, Revell may have fully adapted to his career moving role as a winger!  Grin

If those two kids had played at Rotherham or against Bristol Rovers, I very much doubt they would have scored. Lets get realistic here peeps…they are not the answer to the current problem. And by throwing them in at this particular point in time could destroy them before they even get up and running. Like I say, in a few weeks time things may be completely different….
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2017, 06:03:40 am »

Whilst it would be a risk to play them is it not more of a risk not to? Remember Leon almost rescued the game at QPR with his effort that was headed off the line and we were down to 10 men at the time.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2017, 06:26:53 am »

I wouldn’t play either of them Steve. I honestly think Harry Kane would struggle upfront for us at the minute? We just don’t create enough quality chances. Imagine if we had put either of them upfront last Saturday and the same thing would have happened? They would need a back bone of tungsten not to be affected by that, it could be the ruination of them? The problem at the moment in my book is creativity, and we need to be blooding those lads in a side playing well and with confidence. Chucking them in as Northampton Towns last hope comes at a risk that I wouldn’t take personally, although I fully understand the arguments for doing so. Having made my point I’m off to run for cover!

That's not strictly true, although we are not created nags and bags of chances, both R and R in each game they have played missed some very good chances. My point is neither actually look in the least bit like scoring a goal anytime soon, neither offer any pace, hold up play has generally been poor and for their sizes win little in the air. At the end of the day what have we got to lose. If we continue as we are we will be detached at the bottom by xmas
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2017, 07:11:44 am »

The reason they're out on loan is that the management (who are considerably better informed than anyone here) feel they need the experience... No different to why Poole is on loan with us as opposed to being given his chance in Man U's match day squad. It's a learning experience.

That said, even if they're not quite ready, our current situation and lack of goals probably justifies taking a punt on at least one of them right now.  Personally, I would give Lobjoit a start alongside Revell who, contrary to some comments on here, does win his fair share of headers and flick-ons and could potentially create openings for a strike partner.

Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2017, 07:25:04 am »

Winning headers is one thing, having anyone with pace to react to flick ons or break forward from a lay off is quite another.
On Saturday Richards was played through and it was abundantly clear that he wasn't going anywhere, the defender had him for pace, forced him wide and then the shot wasn't really anything to trouble anyone. This highlighted to me more than ever that if he plays he needs supporting pace around him. Richards can finish and score in the right positions. Breaking off the last man is not going to happen anymore.

Any opposition knows this and plays a high line knowing it's reasonably safe choice. They're not getting behind and our lack of width shows it further.

Throw one in alongside an old warhorse and a midfield that may break forward to stretch play and it couldn't be any worse. Whether we can cope defensively is another matter.

With the amount of running in him you could stick Hanley up there to stretch the game!
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

guest2995

« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2017, 07:55:17 am »

Winning headers is one thing, having anyone with pace to react to flick ons or break forward from a lay off is quite another.
On Saturday Richards was played through and it was abundantly clear that he wasn't going anywhere, the defender had him for pace, forced him wide and then the shot wasn't really anything to trouble anyone. This highlighted to me more than ever that if he plays he needs supporting pace around him. Richards can finish and score in the right positions. Breaking off the last man is not going to happen anymore.

Any opposition knows this and plays a high line knowing it's reasonably safe choice. They're not getting behind and our lack of width shows it further.

Throw one in alongside an old warhorse and a midfield that may break forward to stretch play and it couldn't be any worse. Whether we can cope defensively is another matter.

With the amount of running in him you could stick Hanley up there to stretch the game!

Spot on .
You might have thought that’s what Waters was brought in to do !
Unfortunately none of the managers rate him .
At the moment we play entirely in front of the opposition back four . Centre halves have a cigar against us because we don’t even win headers any more and have no runners from midfield .
Players like Powell and Bowditch that are supposed to provide this role , have simply failed and disappointed .
Report Spam   Logged
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2017, 09:02:44 am »

Did we not have a young lad a few years ago deemed not good enough only played a few games, went to Bishop's Stortford..wonder what happened to him...

If they dont get game time then, how can they show their worth..

Let Leon and Joe play a few games, cant get much worse than it is now.
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2017, 09:20:58 am »

Did we not have a young lad a few years ago deemed not good enough only played a few games, went to Bishop's Stortford..wonder what happened to him...

If they dont get game time then, how can they show their worth..

Let Leon and Joe play a few games, cant get much worse than it is now.

Was that Lewis Wilson?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2017, 09:28:40 am »

No
Report Spam   Logged

guest48

« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2017, 10:47:35 am »

He was at the Bristol match last Saturday !
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2017, 11:37:34 am »

Was that Lewis Wilson?

He means Steve Morrison. Played in the Prem and for Wales.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2017, 11:58:47 am »

for every steve morrison there is a courtney herbert, andy morrow, ryan thompson, joey benjamin, scott cross........................................
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: