The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 21:56:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Richard Keys and Andy Gray Don't Like Female Linespeople

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richard Keys and Andy Gray Don't Like Female Linespeople  (Read 3744 times)
Bingers

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2011, 21:43:42 pm »

I've played against a girl before. She scored past me Embarrassed

Perhaps if you become handsome when you are older, she might let you return the favour. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
fatblokecobbler

We all follow the cobblers.................

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2011, 22:05:07 pm »

Thank feck for Gray going,as some have said even his football views are out dated,as for Keys dont get me started,hes a knob.
When there was a close offside decision (first goal) she got it spot on.
Report Spam   Logged

"She stripped to the beat but her clothes stay on."
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2011, 08:03:52 am »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.Women have no place in football apart from accompanying their male relatives to the game, making the half time cuppa and cleaning the stadium toilets.It's where this country has gone wrong allowing the opposite sex to encroach into the opposite sex' space.I wouldn't be accepTED in my local women's institute, so I wouldn't expect women to be accepTED in male institutions, of which football is one.

But we are short of male refs, so need females. Plus many don't have egos like blokes do.
Report Spam   Logged
Whytewell

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2011, 10:14:57 am »

I believe that Sian Massey is down to referee Corby vs Eastwood Town, and I hope to goodness that she's allowed just to get on eith her job
Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2011, 11:45:38 am »

I believe that Sian Massey is down to referee Corby vs Eastwood Town, and I hope to goodness that she's allowed just to get on eith her job

They stood her down from the Crewe game last night. Not sure whether they'll stand her down for the weekend as well to take her out of the firing line?
Report Spam   Logged
EastNpton

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2011, 12:26:00 pm »

What is the world coming to? Keys and Grey work in a (like it or not) male dominated environment where this thought of humour is rife. All these idiots like Rio Ferdinand and Robbie Savage jumping on the bandwagon ffs. 90% of men in the football industry would be sacked if they clamped down properly.

You can't pin down the bankers and capitalists who have ruined the economy but what we can do is crucify and scapegoat a couple of seasoned pros for at worst mildy sexist banter.

Get a life and a sense of humour ffs

p.s same goes for Frankie Boyle the other scapegoat
Report Spam   Logged
Realale

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2011, 12:31:53 pm »

Keys is on Talk Sport right now
Report Spam   Logged

Who ya gonna call, Scousebusters!!
MikeNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2011, 12:37:21 pm »

Thing is I do think they should be sacked/have harsh for what was said in the original leak but the two video leaks to me are nothing at all.

With Keys saying 'Would you smash it?' it an expression that many men would have heard/laughed at/used. The expression 'I would' is common and IS very much playful banter.

The Andy Grey comments of 'I don't think shes much of a looker' is no more different to any of us talking about an official/a fan or any star or person we see. I do agree the comments of 'I bet she doesn't know the offside rule' and 'The games gone mad' did seem a little more serious and not a joke. There is no place for these comments. It is wrong for them to also seemingly imply that Kenny Dalglish would agree.

It reeks of a stitch up. To release all these voice clips and video clips which usually aren't seen.
Report Spam   Logged
Realale

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2011, 12:49:18 pm »

Very good interview from Mr Keys, I suggest a lot of the 'perfect' people should take a listen and see what the man himself has to say about it.
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2011, 13:00:48 pm »

It reeks of a stitch up. To release all these voice clips and video clips which usually aren't seen.
Andy gray is suing the news of the world which is owned by Murdoch who owns sky. Now, I'm not saying this is relevant but it might be.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
MikeNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2011, 13:07:18 pm »

The recording is a legitimate (or might not be) leak made from an employee to make a quick buck on the tabloids.

But the clips that have been released are archive footage. What organisation would release clips as such to show the station in a bad light?
Report Spam   Logged
Realale

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2011, 13:30:16 pm »

Right royal stitch up, someone wanted them out big style
Report Spam   Logged

DustCobb

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2011, 16:01:23 pm »

Looks like Keys is set to resign within the hour..
Report Spam   Logged
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2011, 17:12:58 pm »

Can we return the favour & get Loose Women thrown off the air as when I've been unfortunate to see it all I hear is the down putting of the male species  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
guest49

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2011, 17:13:32 pm »

Very good interview from Mr Keys, I suggest a lot of the 'perfect' people should take a listen and see what the man himself has to say about it.

Yeah I heard it all. Thought he shot himself in the foot on several occasions and came across as more arrogant than I thought he was. Every time he apologised he tried to drag something/one else in. It was a classic case of being sorry for being caught rather than being sorry for his original actions. Of course the reactions are OTT but it's the nature of operating in the media spotlight these days.    
Report Spam   Logged
ArmchairCobbler81

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2011, 19:18:38 pm »

p.s same goes for Frankie Boyle the other scapegoat

If you really believe that Frankie Boyle is a scapegoat then you're as ignorant as he is. Frankie Boyle targets the vulnerable, including children with Downs Syndrome. Have you ever looked after a child with Downs EastNpton? Have you had one die in their teens? I doubt it? Boyle makes a hell of a lot of money making people laugh for a living. However, if the jokes he made were of a racist nature he'd be off our screens in no time. I love stand up, but this guy is typical of the ignorance that's prevalent in today's society, in which inequality is rife  Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2011, 19:25:33 pm »

I can already hear the fans singing "You don't know the offside rule" at wherever she is running the line next!  Grin

I think the biggest issue with this was that it wasn't exactly banter to start off with. The conversation was very very serious. Perhaps that is the real reason for their mightily quick downfall? Its one thing having a laugh and a joke about something - thats pub talk - but this was them having a serious discussion about something that is not exactly pc.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2011, 19:33:08 pm »

If you really believe that Frankie Boyle is a scapegoat then you're as ignorant as he is. Frankie Boyle targets the vulnerable, including children with Downs Syndrome. Have you ever looked after a child with Downs EastNpton? Have you had one die in their teens? I doubt it? Boyle makes a hell of a lot of money making people laugh for a living. However, if the jokes he made were of a racist nature he'd be off our screens in no time. I love stand up, but this guy is typical of the ignorance that's prevalent in today's society, in which inequality is rife  Roll Eyes

Interesting one this mate. I bought his dvd about a year ago, thought the guy was very very funny from his days on mock the week. HOWEVER, he went way way way over the mark with his 'joking' concerning Katie Price's little boy and his refusal to apologise made things worse.

Personally speaking, I generally find humour funny if the attack is on a 'group' in general - Jimmy Carr targets those with disabilities etc - but targeting an individual is cruel in the extreme and on this occasion was shocking. Not a lot offends me but I was cringing when I watched that show (the first time it was on and before the afters) and said at the time he had overstepped the mark big time.

Little Britain get a way with what they get away with because one of them is gay. 2 straight guys would never be allowed to produce the material that they get a way with!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2011, 20:08:57 pm »

Little Britain get a way with what they get away with because one of them is gay. 2 straight guys would never be allowed to produce the material that they get a way with!

That doesn't explain the one joke racist, vomiting old lady but I guess it is ok if you are deemed to be mocking the racists  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
DL2

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2011, 21:35:48 pm »

My Mrs don't understand it. Nor does my daughter. Nor does my Mum. Nor does my sister. Nor does my Mother in law. Nor does my Aunt. Or any of my many Nieces.

All the male members of my family understand it.

Perhaps it's about giving a fcuk...  Grin

Well I am female and I do give a fcuk about football, equality and diversity and I don't understand it either! 

I don't have an opinion on Andy Gray either way but for me this just smacks of over-sensitivity, towing the politically correct line and of double standards. 

How far should we go ... there are numerous programmes on telly at the moment that are full of sexism and regularly degrade females that many find amusing.  Perhaps tv generally needs to clean it's act up.  Not least ending the farming off the older female newsreaders to the radio.

There is a big difference imo between someone holding a view which on all but the odd occassion they keep to themselves and persistent offensive snipes and actions which prevent someone from doing something or undermines them.  Action should definitely be taken to halt the latter but the former should just be countered and shown up for what it is and doesn't justify sacking someone.

Sexism, like racism, ageism etc. will always exist.  I am not saying that makes it right, but we have to acknowledge it and all the time it doesn't directly effect them those who take offence need to say ..  it doesn't bother me, that opinion just makes the person who holds it look foolish.

The next time anyone is out in public and says something like ...  look at the legs on her, she should be in the kitchen not here,m or he's a nice piece of eye candy ... think twice before chastising Andy Gray for his comments.

It was only a few months back that a large van pulled up just round the corner from me from a replacement window fitting company.  I can't remember the name of the company but it was definitely something using a supposedly positive female reference in the name with a slogan along the lines of ...fitted with the female touch and attention to detail.  I actually thought to myself ... I think that's in bad taste, I wouldn't even bother ringing a company with that name.  How I laughed my socks off when a few minutes later 2 Male fitters emerged from the van ready to carry the heavy windows to the house and fit them ...  not a female in sight..... It said all that needed to be said.   

As with any 'ism .... people can't have it both ways

I hope those knocking Andy Gray are ready for the possibility of a female commentator/summariser ...  personally I'd rather not if current, occassional examples are anything to go by.  Ooops there's me being sexist against my own sex ... should I be banned!  (and NO don't answer that)

Oh and Ted ...what a load of twaddle you spout sometimes  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: