The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 09:03:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Millwall Away

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Millwall Away  (Read 11650 times)
guest48

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #240 on: April 16, 2017, 23:11:35 pm »

Its the dominoes effect..  Wilder not able to offer Marquis contract and has it away on his toes..the best calibre manager available was Page who could've been informed that a cheaper option in  39 year old Revell will suffice as he fits our player profile....Perhaps?
Still making it up to suit your argument, so Revell was a cheap option compared to Marquis ?

As I said before, you defeat yourself by posting loads of crap, so even if you did post something that was true, no one would believe you.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2017, 07:22:16 am »

That's the issue though as just because you think something is the best way to do it you can't accept any reason why it isn't. I would much rather the east stand took an extra year to complete and we got a better stand for it than rushing it through. That doesn't mean I lack ambition it just means I'm more rational. As for the legal issues if you really think that is just a smoke screen for Inactivity there's not really much more that can be discussed is there?
Whats not to like about a bank of terracing behind the south stand?
How many times would we have sold/sell out this much needed area this year, next and there after?
How could it be anything other than a good thing for the club going forward?
Its just an idea but a bloody good un if we are ever to compete in league 1.
If you think staying a struggling league 2 club in a tiny ground with all thats going for us is being in any way 'rational' you should think again!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #242 on: April 17, 2017, 07:27:09 am »

It's a long way along the West stand to ask to make a point. Or to send a single email asking for a chat.

When I think of Beds, and all the other wannabe businessmen, I always think of something Sammo once said to me.

I was chatting to him whilst watching my son play football. Rather naively I said to him that I would have played a different formation and a couple of different players to the ones he chose to play in a game. He turned to me and said. It doesn't really matter what squad or formation you pick, because it will never cross the sideline and be judged by those watching. That is exactly the luxury that all who post on here possess. Your choices and decisions will always sound good to you, because they never have to stand up to scrutiny. Spending money that might not exist, or having an imaginary chat with a completely cooperative council is as near as you will ever get to running a football team, or club.

Give Kelvyn a chance Dave. I'll even arrange the meeting. Share the figures you band about with him. C'mon, you've rattled your Sabre from an armchair for long enough. Sit face to face with him, rather than demeaning and destroying him on social media.....

Quite enjoyed this post
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 17, 2017, 07:50:16 am »

It's a long way along the West stand to ask to make a point. Or to send a single email asking for a chat.

When I think of Beds, and all the other wannabe businessmen, I always think of something Sammo once said to me.

I was chatting to him whilst watching my son play football. Rather naively I said to him that I would have played a different formation and a couple of different players to the ones he chose to play in a game. He turned to me and said. It doesn't really matter what squad or formation you pick, because it will never cross the sideline and be judged by those watching. That is exactly the luxury that all who post on here possess. Your choices and decisions will always sound good to you, because they never have to stand up to scrutiny. Spending money that might not exist, or having an imaginary chat with a completely cooperative council is as near as you will ever get to running a football team, or club.

Give Kelvyn a chance Dave. I'll even arrange the meeting. Share the figures you band about with him. C'mon, you've rattled your Sabre from an armchair for long enough. Sit face to face with him, rather than demeaning and destroying him on social media.....
Just for the record I'm not having a go at anyone, I fully believe that Kelvin wants the best for this club but that doesn't mean we should just accept whats thrown at us which having zero ideas of what to expect  from a 'finished east stand' So in the absence of drawings costings timings etc Im  just putting across ideas amongst fellow supporters  that could make our club more sustainable.

First and foremost Im a Supporter of this club therefore want the very best for it.
I have fears that are completely unfounded in the lack of any official plans for the ground, that we could end up with a very expensive East stand development costing upwards of £3,500,000 with just a row of boxes ti show for it.. which will be of benefit but for the same costi gs we could have so much more.
Nothing personal just a supporter with some concerns that we could be missing yet another oppertunity to pick ourselves off the floor.
Please stop asking me to have a private tet e tet with the Chairman, what could he tell me that needs to be kept privvy from all other club supporters?  instead lets all put our concerns out there and deal with it in an open honest dialogue.. whats available to us and whats not is a good place to start.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #244 on: April 17, 2017, 09:02:40 am »

Very good and absolutely correct. As supporters we can always do things better (normally in hindsight) but unless your decisions actually matter they mean nothing. Kelvin & Jed have to make it work we can just talk about it.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2017, 10:35:27 am »

Very good and absolutely correct. As supporters we can always do things better (normally in hindsight) but unless your decisions actually matter they mean nothing. Kelvin & Jed have to make it work we can just talk about it.
As supporters we cant be expected to just sit quiet hope for the best and suck it up if all goes to scheise.
Do you actually  know what Kelv and Jed  have planned for us? They may be 100% certain that they know what we need better than any one else as no one has raised the serious  issues we continue to suffer due to the lack of some simple remedies?
The future plans to be unveiled may not address our immediate problems regarding lost gate revenues and inability to attract and grow our potential support base,  but I really hope they do.

It's not a time to pander to peoples sensibilities... mine our anyone elses.. Lets do things right by Northampton Town Football club first and foremost.

Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2017, 10:45:33 am »

Some substance to what Beds writes but who knows if KT reads our posts?  This is where the Trust comes into play.  Whether or not the Trust agrees in part, wholly or not at all with Beds comments on the ground I have no idea. In fact, I have no idea what the Trust's views are on the East Stand and the ground aisde from fronting a standing survey. Perhaps I have missed something.  To be fair, KT has not provided any detail about the East Stand so maybe we should keep our powder dry until then although it could be too late to change course.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2017, 10:50:45 am »

As supporters we cant be expected to just sit quiet hope for the best and suck it up if all goes to scheise.
Do you actually  know what Kelv and Jed  have planned for us? They may be 100% certain that they know what we need better than any one else as no one has raised the serious  issues we continue to suffer due to the lack of some simple remedies?
The future plans to be unveiled may not address our immediate problems regarding lost gate revenues and inability to attract and grow our potential support base,  but I really hope they do.

It's not a time to pander to peoples sensibilities... mine our anyone elses.. Lets do things right by Northampton Town Football club first and foremost.

But that doesn't go as far as to sending KT an email
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest48

« Reply #248 on: April 17, 2017, 11:10:38 am »

Some substance to what Beds writes but who knows if KT reads our posts?  This is where the Trust comes into play.  Whether or not the Trust agrees in part, wholly or not at all with Beds comments on the ground I have no idea. In fact, I have no idea what the Trust's views are on the East Stand and the ground aisde from fronting a standing survey. Perhaps I have missed something. 
The Trust do not have views, the Trust members have views. If the club ask us our views, like with the safe standing, we in turn ask the members what they think. As I've said before, the Trust is 100% democratic, so if NTFC ask our opinion on the East Stand, our members will decide the Trust's opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 17, 2017, 11:18:32 am »

Surely, when the time is right (i.e. when we have finally some detailed information) the Trust will seek the views of its members. Insofar as is possible the Trust should present the views of supporter members but if these are not invited then nothing will happen.  This could apply to a number of issues.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #250 on: April 17, 2017, 12:39:40 pm »

Just for the record I'm not having a go at anyone, I fully believe that Kelvin wants the best for this club but that doesn't mean we should just accept whats thrown at us which having zero ideas of what to expect  from a 'finished east stand' So in the absence of drawings costings timings etc Im  just putting across ideas amongst fellow supporters  that could make our club more sustainable.

First and foremost Im a Supporter of this club therefore want the very best for it.
I have fears that are completely unfounded in the lack of any official plans for the ground, that we could end up with a very expensive East stand development costing upwards of £3,500,000 with just a row of boxes ti show for it.. which will be of benefit but for the same costi gs we could have so much more.
Nothing personal just a supporter with some concerns that we could be missing yet another oppertunity to pick ourselves off the floor.
Please stop asking me to have a private tet e tet with the Chairman, what could he tell me that needs to be kept privvy from all other club supporters?  instead lets all put our concerns out there and deal with it in an open honest dialogue.. whats available to us and whats not is a good place to start.

I'm not so sure you are perceived by the majority of others as you see yourself. I know you are not a bad person and you are certainly a avid supporter. The problem is, you just don't get business, or the situation KT has adopted. If you took your foot off the gas for a minute, you might just appreciate the ridiculously complicated situation he's in. Believe me, Ive dealt with the fcukers for years. I wouldn't want to be within a mile of the the shyte that has landed in his lap.

You are not alone in wanting what's best. But you will only get the best houses, best hotels, best offices and of course the best football facilities if the investors anticipate a return. Putting more seats in is necessary in the long term, but won't  ramp up gates unless the results on the pitch are better. In my opinion KT has a sustainable and sensible model in mind. You can't even start to imagine his and the other investors frustration at the lack of activity.

The reason I say you should meet with him, is exactly the reason you say you won't. Of course he can say things to your face that he could never say out in the open. I will guarantee if you meet him, he will go out his way to put you straight on the situation. The fact that you think he can do it in open, smacks of the naivety your comments so regularly show.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 17, 2017, 16:06:53 pm »

VERY, WELL  DONE COBBLERS, I AM NOT SURE JUST HOW YOU DID IT, BUT WHAT A FANTASTIC EFFORT.WHO SAID DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL
  IS BORING?. I didn't have any scotch left either!!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 16:14:28 pm by defender » Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 17, 2017, 16:11:54 pm »

I am over the moon!!
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 17, 2017, 16:19:17 pm »

The last 10 mins, reminded me of how we defended under Atkins! GREAT STUFF!!
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #254 on: April 17, 2017, 16:20:38 pm »

Grin Good old D..posting on the wrong match thread again
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #255 on: April 17, 2017, 16:22:35 pm »

I was just about to point that out. We love defender. You're a great bloke, make no mistake.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 17, 2017, 19:30:11 pm »

Whats not to like about a bank of terracing behind the south stand?
How many times would we have sold/sell out this much needed area this year, next and there after?
How could it be anything other than a good thing for the club going forward?
Its just an idea but a bloody good un if we are ever to compete in league 1.
If you think staying a struggling league 2 club in a tiny ground with all thats going for us is being in any way 'rational' you should think again!

An improved away stand would be great but we need to finish the east first, who knows how much that will finally cost? It's easy to say what we want as a fan but you really can't seem to grasp that there has to be some money first before you can develop.

For the record I want us to swap with the saints as their ground will be spot on for us to be able to grow and then they can develop sixfields to their hearts content. However unlike you I can see that this is not a feasible option so will wait until we know what / when / how the east stand will be before I "demand" we expand other areas.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #257 on: April 17, 2017, 19:40:12 pm »

Grin Good old D..posting on the wrong match thread again
Grin Very good Feelgood - humour has a saviour in you.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 17, 2017, 21:02:24 pm »

An improved away stand would be great but we need to finish the east first, who knows how much that will finally cost? It's easy to say what we want as a fan but you really can't seem to grasp that there has to be some money first before you can develop.

For the record I want us to swap with the saints as their ground will be spot on for us to be able to grow and then they can develop sixfields to their hearts content. However unlike you I can see that this is not a feasible option so will wait until we know what / when / how the east stand will be before I "demand" we expand other areas.
What if the cost for fitting out the east stand was an un thought out astronomical  folly that uses up all available enabling land and  kills any chance of ever expanding the ground  to be fit to compete outside league 2,  due to unsustainable debts and little chance of repaying due to lost gate revenues?
The one thing that should give our club a leg up, Sixfields land is causing it nothing but problems.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2017, 21:08:29 pm »

Maybe just maybe this is one of the huge legal issues that has been mentioned by KT?
I'm pretty sure he is trying to do the best he can with what he has and what he has been left with.
Which is why the east has to be finished first. It makes no sense to leave that stand as it is and develop another area of the ground. For someone that likes to talk about how bad an experience sixfields is how crap would it be to have two stands resembling building sites?

If when the east stand is finished there is no appetite for further development then a lot of your points will gain validity but the east has to be finished first.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: