The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 10:49:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bury Away

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bury Away  (Read 6765 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2017, 17:27:39 pm »

A totally embarrassing afternoon for many reasons, team selection team performance and the antics of a lone "supporter" who eventually managed to get himself chucked out.

Seen him acting like that many times this season...can see why even Cobblers fans were singing 'chuck him out'.....
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2017, 17:56:43 pm »

Today was disgraceful.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2017, 18:06:44 pm »

Six quid for the two seemed like good value before the game.  Two minutes after kick off it was less so.  By the end it was a total waste of money.

Surprised it took so many stewards and police to chuck Everbrite out.

Bingers over and out.  Probably for good.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2017, 18:14:41 pm »

Alls not lost folks.... The mighty blues spanked Spurs.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2017, 18:24:50 pm »

That was absolutely Shyte, no effort, no clue, no class, no passion.
If it was a 50 game season we would be relegated for sure.
Big summer for KT me thinks
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2017, 18:28:41 pm »

Yesterday they told us Michael Smith was fit and was available for selection, today he didn't play because he wasn't fit. They really haven't got a clue, is it any wonder we are so bad ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2017, 18:30:39 pm »

That was absolutely Shyte, no effort, no clue, no class, no passion.
If it was a 50 game season we would be relegated for sure.
Big summer for KT me thinks

Yes, but we don't have 50 game seasons, do we?

Irrelevant point.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2017, 18:35:00 pm »

So many ifs and buts but the obvious thing is we are not good enough In any part of the pitch. We are actually just crap last season I was gutted when some of our players left, can't think of many I'd be upset about leaving this close season.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2017, 18:43:14 pm »

So many ifs and buts but the obvious thing is we are not good enough In any part of the pitch. We are actually just crap last season I was gutted when some of our players left, can't think of many I'd be upset about leaving this close season.

Agreed - the only one I'm really bothered about is diamond with jjot and smith close behind, having said that f**k em if they think the grass is greener. The biggest issue we're going to have is how we get rid of McCourt and beautyman - surely McCourt must see the writing on the wall if he can't get a place in this midfield - no one is going to want either of them so we will be lumbered unless we pay them off.
Report Spam   Logged
Benji

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2017, 18:57:05 pm »

Agreed - the only one I'm really bothered about is diamond with jjot and smith close behind, having said that f**k em if they think the grass is greener. The biggest issue we're going to have is how we get rid of McCourt and beautyman - surely McCourt must see the writing on the wall if he can't get a place in this midfield - no one is going to want either of them so we will be lumbered unless we pay them off.
The same surely goes for Hanley, he's the only available right back at the club and still can't get a game.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2017, 18:59:59 pm »

The same surely goes for Hanley, he's the only available right back at the club and still can't get a game.

Left back!
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2017, 19:01:07 pm »

I'm quite looking forward to it. Especially the pitch invasion and the lap of honour by our intrepid boys in claret.

How could anyone resist a packed to the rafters, sun drenched Sixfields. With an electric atmosphere from the assembled hoards of hoarse voiced loyal patrons. It will be a veritable feast of sporting prowess , unsurpassed by even the highest echelons of top flight football.. You wait and see...
Now I appreciate bulls*** as much as the next man, but you've crossed the line there into weapons grade sarcasm.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2017, 20:21:24 pm »

Now I appreciate bulls*** as much as the next man, but you've crossed the line there into weapons grade sarcasm.

It's my positive slant on the situation... I'm hoping even at this late stage in the season that we can all agree on one thing... That last season was fcuking fantastic  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2017, 20:46:45 pm »

It's my positive slant on the situation... I'm hoping even at this late stage in the season that we can all agree on one thing... That last season was fcuking fantastic  Grin
Agreed. I've only recently stopped pinching myself to see if it was all a dream.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2017, 21:00:24 pm »

Apart from the result I quite enjoyed my day. I got to sit near Jeema and one of our characters got the attention he craved from Robbie the Bobby.

Glad that Bury look like staying up and Vale down.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2017, 21:46:51 pm »

Apart from the result I quite enjoyed my day. I got to sit near Jeema and one of our characters got the attention he craved from Robbie the Bobby.

Glad that Bury look like staying up and Vale down.

Surprised that he made such a fool of himself; normally he is not quite like that although very vocal at games. Reminded me at times of mad Michelle with his gesticulating to the oppo, although she never stooped so low as to expose her midriff!  Prefer him to some of our more staid supporters. Like or not he is one of our own.  As for the game it was a great disappointment for our near 800 strong support; they deserved better.  I wish McCourt was given a chance; sending Beauty on was hardly a game changing move. As indicated previously very disappointed with Revell and Rico's performance. For spells in the first half and 20 mins in second I thought we might get a point as Bury did nothing up front. We missed JJOT and Buchs. McWilliams failed to inspire and Taylor faded badly. In the last 20mins the inevitable mistakes occurred leading to 2 more goals. Cornell seemed to do ok although the second goal might have down to him; not sure tho'. PAnderson and Eardley flitted in and out of the game. However Keshi added a bit of life when he came on. Beaten by a poor and limited side which says volumes about us.

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2017, 22:08:41 pm »

The twat at the front is like that everygame, he seems to enjoy himself but is clearly not all there so probably shouldn't mock him.

Was the first time I've been to bury and noticed their fans have an atmosphere, say what you like about drums but it certainly my helped their fans today.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2017, 22:34:31 pm »

The twat at the front is like that everygame, he seems to enjoy himself but is clearly not all there so probably...

No he isn't and is definitely all there! Likes his beer tho'.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2017, 22:36:12 pm »

Chuffed that I opted to do some stuff at home rather than schlep to Bury today!
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2017, 23:35:57 pm »

Perfect result and performance (I assume, as I wasn't there) for next season. 5 or 6 deserve to stay, the rest need a massive rebuild.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: