The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:22:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2017 Transfer Wishlist

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 128   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2017 Transfer Wishlist  (Read 207643 times)
Stig

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Topic Starter Combination
« Reply #2240 on: August 02, 2017, 23:23:27 pm »

One of the goalkeepers we are looking at is Adam Legzdins from Birmingham City.
Report Spam   Logged

NTFC till i die
guest2995

« Reply #2241 on: August 03, 2017, 06:26:51 am »

So from the clues last night , who are we looking at in goal ?
I think it rules out Woodman personally .
He did say it's someone with experience at this level
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: August 03, 2017, 07:47:00 am »

So from the clues last night , who are we looking at in goal ?
I think it rules out Woodman personally .
He did say it's someone with experience at this level

A goalkeeper sorting contractual issues? This can only mean Mark Bunn will 100% be making his homecoming....

But in all seriousness, he basically said Coddington is our complete backup option which is a positive. I'd expect someone more senior to arrive given the anticipated quality of the other signings.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
roade cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2243 on: August 03, 2017, 08:41:32 am »

He also said it will be a season long loan so that rules out Martin.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #2244 on: August 03, 2017, 08:54:27 am »

A goalkeeper sorting contractual issues? This can only mean Mark Bunn will 100% be making his homecoming....

But in all seriousness, he basically said Coddington is our complete backup option which is a positive. I'd expect someone more senior to arrive given the anticipated quality of the other signings.

Not quite, Coddington's lack of league experience rules him out. Clearly liked the player tho'.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
ClaretCobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Windows User Linux User
« Reply #2245 on: August 03, 2017, 09:32:55 am »

One of the goalkeepers we are looking at is Adam Legzdins from Birmingham City.

Think this rumour was put on here a few weeks ago, this is the one that made the most sense to me, I'd be quite happy with it too.
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2246 on: August 03, 2017, 12:03:15 pm »

If Connor Ripley is still available could see him being looked at. Was ace for Oldham on loan last year, had league 1 experience.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: August 03, 2017, 12:47:57 pm »

If Connor Ripley is still available could see him being looked at. Was ace for Oldham on loan last year, had league 1 experience.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?/topic/49775-ripley-still-a-possibility/

Very highly rated. Without doing too much digging... I believe Oldham are currently without a senior goalkeeper two days before the season is about to start  Grin Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
BirdyNTFC

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #2248 on: August 04, 2017, 17:50:52 pm »

Oldham have signed Ben Wilson from Cardiff on a 6 month loan.

Can't see them going for Ripley if that's the case. Maybe he's 1 of the 2 JED mentioned?
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #2249 on: August 04, 2017, 18:26:50 pm »

Oldham have signed Ben Wilson from Cardiff on a 6 month loan.

Can't see them going for Ripley if that's the case. Maybe he's 1 of the 2 JED mentioned?

Does that fit in with what JE said at the open forum? Are any of Middlesbrough's goalkeepers injured?
Report Spam   Logged
Ectonteynfan

View Profile
« Reply #2250 on: August 04, 2017, 19:43:49 pm »

He could be the one sorting out his contract
Report Spam   Logged
Ectonteynfan

View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: August 04, 2017, 19:44:44 pm »

He was also at Motherwell the year before last
Report Spam   Logged
Stig

View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: August 04, 2017, 19:57:51 pm »

Adam Legzdins to sign on loan early next week.
Report Spam   Logged

NTFC till i die
Ectonteynfan

View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: August 04, 2017, 20:35:51 pm »

How certain are u
Report Spam   Logged
Stig

View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: August 04, 2017, 21:12:19 pm »

Lets just see  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

NTFC till i die
Ectonteynfan

View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: August 04, 2017, 21:47:09 pm »

So not got a clue in other words
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #2256 on: August 04, 2017, 23:49:38 pm »

Legzdins is who they've always wanted, I believe.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: August 05, 2017, 07:36:14 am »

I find it strange that we start the season with a goalkeeping deficiency. We didn't have too much difficulty in signing 4 centre backs and filling other positions.  All I can say is that whoever we are after must be good.  In the meantime good luck to Cornell!
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2258 on: August 05, 2017, 09:40:32 am »

But if you are looking to bring in an experienced keeper on loan, and that was always the plan, then you are beholden to the other club deciding when to release the player. So there always was going to be a delay. If they had been looking to sign a goalkeeper on a permanent deal they would have gone for Dave Martin weeks ago, and I am sure they would have got him.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #2259 on: August 06, 2017, 12:57:28 pm »

During yesterdays coverage on BBC Northampton they said Freddie Woodman was the goalkeeper rumoured to be coming in on loan. Andy Peaks who was helping with commentary also said that was the name he'd heard mentioned. The other keeper could well be Jed Steer at Aston Villa, on the bench yesterday due to Mark Bunn having a knock - JED confirmed one of the keepers are required by their club at the open forum.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 128   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: