The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:35:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2017 Transfer Wishlist

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2017 Transfer Wishlist  (Read 207603 times)
guest2995

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #2420 on: August 17, 2017, 19:03:45 pm »

The interesting thing is that there will be further movement .
I have said all along that one of Revell or Rico will be shipped out and another come in .
Either that or we will get a wide left player in .
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: August 17, 2017, 19:06:16 pm »

Why would we go for another keeper when we've now got 3 (including goff who I know will go on loan)? Surely that's it in the goalkeeping position - Cornell will be number one and we'll have to hope that last seasons performances (except for the final day) are firmly behind him.

I suppose it's possible that we might want 3 keepers to make sure we have full cover since we can't get short term loans now. They've said they want Goff to go out and get games and maybe Coddington being available was too good to miss.

Long shot I agree but you never know
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: August 17, 2017, 19:09:05 pm »

The interesting thing is that there will be further movement .
I have said all along that one of Revell or Rico will be shipped out and another come in .
Either that or we will get a wide left player in .

I can't see JED signing a wide left player, it would trigger his allergy  Grin

If I was a betting man I reckon it would be no.10 or a striker, subject to any outward movement
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #2423 on: August 17, 2017, 19:10:57 pm »

Why would we go for another keeper when we've now got 3 (including goff who I know will go on loan)? Surely that's it in the goalkeeping position - Cornell will be number one and we'll have to hope that last seasons performances (except for the final day) are firmly behind him.

Coddington was always on the cards wasn't he? He's been here for a few weeks now. It doesn't tie in with JE wanting to sign an experienced 'keeper which he said AFTER Coddington has already arrived on trial. Sounds like he is an exciting prospect, maybe he and Goff will go out on loan to League Two and non-league clubs respectivley and we will still bring in a new number one.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2424 on: August 17, 2017, 19:11:48 pm »

I suppose it's possible that we might want 3 keepers to make sure we have full cover since we can't get short term loans now. They've said they want Goff to go out and get games and maybe Coddington being available was too good to miss.

Long shot I agree but you never know

It's possible I suppose but unlikely. Regarding more incomings it's a bit like rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic unless he suddenly loses his stubborn streak. Having said that in the near future (hopefully) o'toole and foley will be back and I think they could make a big difference - foley especially looked good in pre-season.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2425 on: August 17, 2017, 19:16:14 pm »

Coddington was always on the cards wasn't he? He's been here for a few weeks now. It doesn't tie in with JE wanting to sign an experienced 'keeper which he said AFTER Coddington has already arrived on trial. Sounds like he is an exciting prospect, maybe he and Goff will go out on loan to League Two and non-league clubs respectivley and we will still bring in a new number one.

I don't know if coddington has been on trial with us for that long - I'm sure JED said at the forum that he was very much the third choice fall-back option behind his other experienced targets. He was quoted as saying that he liked coddington but his lack of experience made him reluctant to move for him.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: August 17, 2017, 19:43:25 pm »

Clearly, there has been a change of direction probably for reasons of being messed about by Premier League clubs.  Stuff them and their greedy ways. 

Anyway, we have the new boy on our books for the next 2 years. Remember Smith & Nicolls before him came to our club with little experience and served us well.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #2427 on: August 17, 2017, 20:43:24 pm »

Clearly, there has been a change of direction probably for reasons of being messed about by Premier League clubs.  Stuff them and their greedy ways. 

Anyway, we have the new boy on our books for the next 2 years. Remember Smith & Nicolls before him came to our club with little experience and served us well.

Yet you lot continue going on about keepers; currently they are more pressing issues like a nos 10 and decent goal scorer.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #2428 on: August 17, 2017, 21:03:10 pm »

Yet you lot continue going on about keepers; currently they are more pressing issues like a nos 10 and decent goal scorer.
I hear what you saying, but at what point did Jed say that we are in the market, currently, for a no 10, or a decent goal scorer?
We may have them already in our ranks, if, and its a big if, Jed plays people in their correct position. Waters, and Lobjoit have a decent scoring record, and Long could prove to be an asset. He certainly isnt afraid to have a go.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2995

« Reply #2429 on: August 17, 2017, 22:57:08 pm »

We have brought in Waters and Long . Both look like they have goals in them .
So too have JJOT and Crooks as well as Powell and Bowditch .
We need a system that brings the best out of the players we have .
It's the wide areas and the bursts from midfield we lack .
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #2430 on: August 18, 2017, 10:05:46 am »

New signing at 11.15?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #2431 on: August 18, 2017, 10:07:35 am »

New arrival at 1115hrs?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2487

« Reply #2432 on: August 18, 2017, 10:18:01 am »

Matt Grimes from Swansea on loan.

Any good?
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: August 18, 2017, 10:21:29 am »

If I recall correctly he was signed by Swansea from Exeter for a about £1.5 million so another one with potential that needs to be realised by playing his football regularly and not warming the bench of a higher league club
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: August 18, 2017, 10:22:30 am »

Any good?

He's very highly rated, think he did pretty well for Leeds last year on loan there. I'd guess he will play No. 10.

So that means we have JJOT, Crooks, Taylor, Kasim, Foley, McWilliams, Grimes, Bowditch and maybe Waters all competing for spaces in JEDs preferred line up. Surely there will be some outgoings before the window shuts?
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #2435 on: August 18, 2017, 10:32:42 am »

Any good?

Excellent signing on paper - but the they have all been so far!

Let's get behind him and hope he can create some chances!
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: August 18, 2017, 10:34:37 am »

A player experienced in lower leagues, who cost £1.75m, played regularly in the league above and an U21 England international?

Quite the impressive signing this one.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #2437 on: August 18, 2017, 10:36:13 am »

New arrival at 1115hrs?

Too late AITOBS beat you to it!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2438 on: August 18, 2017, 10:36:21 am »

If JJOT is a guaranteed starter (which I think most on here if not JED would have him) this means JED has signed SIX players to compete for two spots in his three man midfield. Plus you can throw in McWilliams, Taylor and Hoskins who we already had. Given what we allegedly splashed on Crooks as one of the six, you'd have to guess there's possibly only one free spot in the midfield. Now we've added Grimes.

Wow. We've got about 8 players going after one spot. Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit mad when what we actually need is options up front?

Don't get me wrong, as individuals I think we have the best group we've had in ages - defence is strong (though I'd still prefer a flat back four) but JED has jot some job on keeping the midfield crop happy. But perhaps his biggest job is getting a potent strike force out of Revell, Rico, Lobjoit and Long.

Good luck mate
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #2439 on: August 18, 2017, 10:38:23 am »

Left footed no 10 who is a good set piece taker...
Bye Matt?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: